Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Hogwarts Mafia: Day Five

hm-logo-day5.jpg

The fourth night had supernatural occurences and potions galore. Several residents of the school were no longer what they used to be...

hm-dayfive1.jpg

The teacher of Divination, Tea Ching, had once again locked herself into the Divination Tower, desperately trying to find out more about the situation at hand. Her prophetic talents had failed her only once in her life, but the guilt and regret of that one time weighed heavily on her shoulders. Her thoughts took her back to China, where she had lived as a famous seer. But knowledge is power, and too much knowledge of events to come can change the course of history forever. Now she wanted nothing more to use her powers to make up for her past failure.

hm-dayfive2.jpg

In the split second it took her to realize that a Death's Hallowed had infiltrated her classroom and cast the killing curse Avada Kedavra on her, Tea Ching could think of nothing else but remorse that she would die without making amends of her mistake.

hm-dayfive3.jpg

So strong was her feeling of regret and guilt, that her spirit couldn't cross over to the other side.

The Death's Hallowed watched in fury as the ghost of the diviner materialized above the corpse. "Why can't people just die properly?! We need the souls!"

The ghost of Tea Ching was so confused about seeing her body lying lifeless on the ground that she didn't think of looking who her killer was before the figure dashed away.

hm-dayfive4.jpg

That night the moon shone full in the eerie sky. The Aurors reported of sighting a werewolf creeping in the upper corridors, but it evaded their spells. It didn't seem to have harmed anybody, though.

hm-dayfive5.jpg

The Dementor returned, as well, but everybody were wise enough to stay clear of it.

hm-dayfive6.jpg

However, the night saw the end of Cuddles the Cerberus, as its body was found from the entrance hall with a gleaming sword stuck in its chest. The poor caretaker had been its first and only victim.

hm-dayfive7.jpg

The librarian Stephanie Kingston had been revealed to be a squib immune to magic last night, but this night it turned out she wasn't immune to other ways of killing, like poison for example. Madam Kingston was found lying half-dead from the floor of the library, and she was taken to the hospital wing post-haste.

hm-dayfive8.jpg

In the morning, Headmistress McGonagall recounted these events to everybody. Madam Kingston had been able to get up to hear this with the help of a wheelchair, but her poisoning was severe, and Nurse Hearth confirmed that unless she was cured soon, the librarian would eventually perish.

The headmistress had the sword that had been used to kill Cuddles with her, and she announced that this was the same sword Angela Weasley had possessed, and that it indeed was the legendary Sword of Gryffindor, given to Angela and then to another person by the headmistress herself.

"With Brandon Townsend dead, I do not believe there will be any more monsters invading Hogwarts. Thus I will reclaim this sword and return it to its rightful place in my office", the headmistress said.

hm-dayfive9.jpg

Then Auror Potter spoke.

"We interrogated Miss Grandstaff thoroughly, and it became evident that like Mr. Townsend, she too was Impartial to these affairs. Miss Grandstaff has been suffering from a mental condition called the bipolar disorder for quite some time, hence she has had terrible mood-swings and personality changes that made her go to the extremes, like torturing people. She has now been transported to St. Mungo's to get proper treatment."

"As for you, Professor Ching", Potter continued, "it is obvious that you were attacked by the Death's Hallowed last night, and that your good will alone keeps you still here with us. It is thereby clear that you were an innocent person when you lived. I hope you still linger with us to help us out, but I'm afraid we cannot let you vote during the days, because spirits are known to be fickle when it comes to the matters of the living. Anyway, I hope it is obvious to everybody present that ghosts cannot be killed or sentenced to prison."

hm-dayfive10.jpg

Finally, Minister Granger-Weasley addressed the crowd.

"It looks like you made a good choice in convicting Miss Grandstaff yesterday. Let us hope you can make as good a choice today as well. However, I wish you all keep in mind my theory that these events might be related to the late Dark Wizard Grindelwald. Professor Ching's recount that her killer spoke of 'needing souls' makes me fearful that there is necromancy at work here in Hogwarts. But have faith, people, I beg of you. Trust in goodness, and it shall prevail. Please."

The residents of Hogwarts started going through the recent events together.

Rules:

1. There are two opposing sides in this game, the
Death’s Hallowed
and the
Innocent
. The Death’s Hallowed win when they outnumber the others. The Innocent win when they’ve vanquished all of the Death’s Hallowed.

2. Each day, the players will vote out one amongst them with a majority decision. To vote or to draw back your vote, you must use the following sentence in your post:
vote: character/player
or
unvote: character/player
. If you want to change your vote, you must first unvote before the second vote is calculated.

3. During days, there is a 24 hour period before anyone can vote. Once the majority decision is reached, you cannot unvote the player in question anymore.

4. Every player will get a short list of items, spells and skills at their disposal. These can be used only at nights.

5. Each night, the players can use
one
of their items, spells, OR skills by sending the host a PM about it. Some items and skills have an automatic effect, which will be handled by the host. Items can be handed over to another player, but that will cost the giver the night’s action.

6. To give someone else your item, send the
host
a PM stating the item you wish to give, the name of the player you wish to give it to, and whether you want to remain anonymous or not. Items cannot be exchanged without the host acting as an intermediary.

7. The night abilities have a pre-specified order of effect. If you don’t send your night ability by the time limit I’ve given each day, you will miss your chance to use it.

8. The Day-topics are meant for active players only, so do not post in them if you are already out of the game. The Discussion-topic is open to everybody.

9. Do not edit your posts, because it is considered unfair to other players.

10. Do not directly quote
anything
I’ve sent to you via PM. Use your own words, please.

11. All out-of-character discussion must be kept in the Discussion-topic. Likewise, all talk about game tactics and roles must be kept in the Day-topics and PMs.

12. Since this game deviates quite a lot from other Mafia-games, please ask any questions or doubts you might have directly from me, and you will be answered.

Players:

Hogwarts Faculty:

hm-ava-brigelda.jpgBrigelda Hearth, nurse (WhiteFang)

hm-ava-crudo.jpgCrudo Alakhazam, teacher of Charms (Big Cam)

hm-ava-eloquence.jpgEloquence Malleus, teacher of Transfigurations (Shadows)

hm-ava-jingle.jpgJingle the House-elf (Dragonator)

hm-ava-neville.jpgNeville Longbottom, teacher of Herbology and Head of Gryffindor House (professor flitwick)

hm-ava-rhubarb.jpgRhubarb Uxley, teacher of Care of Magical Creatures and Head of Hufflepuff House (Escape the Fate)

hm-ava-sicilia.jpgSicilia Bathory, teacher of Potions and Head of Ravenclaw House (Eskallon)

hm-ava-stephanie.jpgStephanie Kingston, librarian (Zepher)

Hogwarts Students:

hm-ava-desiree.jpgDesiree Jackson, Gryffindor (badboytje88)

hm-ava-harriet.jpgHarriet Pewter, Slytherin (YG-49)

hm-ava-jolie.jpgJolie Jadis, Slytherin (Lord Arjay)

hm-ava-loki.jpgLoki Malfoy, Slytherin (ILikePi)

hm-ava-prion.jpgPrion the Centaur, Hufflepuff (Forresto)

hm-ava-rocky.jpgRocky Broomwell, Gryffindor (sok117)

hm-ava-sheila.jpgSheila Bones, Ravenclaw (Matn)

hm-ava-bulltoad.jpgTodd "Bulltoad" Bulstrode, Slytherin (Roncanator)

hm-ava-valerie.jpgValerie MacArthur, Ravenclaw (Inconspicuous)

hm-ava-xander.jpgXander Lovegood, Gryffindor (CallMePie)

Others:

hm-ava-dementor.jpgDementor #2

hm-ava-tea-ghost.jpgTea Ching, teacher of Divination and a ghost (iamded)

The Deceased & The Confined:

hm-ava-brandon-dead.jpgBrandon Townsend, Hufflepuff (Oky Wan Kenobi) - Impartial (killed on Night One)

hm-ava-oraman-dead.jpgOraman Furbad, caretaker (JimButcher) - Innocent (slain by a monster on Night One)

hm-ava-angela-dead.jpgAngela Weasley, Gryffindor (Burman) - Innocent (voted out on Day Two)

hm-ava-francis-dead.jpgFrancis Rowan, Ravenclaw (ADHO15) - Innocent (killed on Night Two)

hm-ava-nene-dead.jpgNene Grandstaff, Hufflepuff (Millacol88) - Impartial (voted out on Day Four)

hm-ava-tea-dead.jpgTea Ching, teacher of Divination (iamded) - Innocent (killed on Night Four, now a ghost)

There are 18 players left in the game, so it will require 10 votes to convict someone. Voting starts 24 hours from now.

Well....that was an interesting night.

Can't anybody heal Madam Kingston? Nurse Hearth, surely your practice in magical medicine is enough to cure her? :cry_sad:

Also...aren't werewolves people by day? It could be among us even now. :look:

Professor Ching, your demise must've been sudden. It's good that you can still assist the innocent, though.

Whoever may have killed Cuddles last night did us some good. At least our caretaker has been avenged.

That doesn't mean it's hostile to us. It didn't attack anyone last night. :sceptic:

Also, I'm freakin' dead!! That really steams me off! What do I do to deserve this?! Seriously, I don't recall rousing anyone's suspicions... which leads me to wonder if I can trust who I think I can... :hmpf_bad:

Now I'm six feet under (uh.. metaphorically speaking?) I'm debating whether I should reveal my role or not... It might help the Innocents, but it also will provide the Hallowed with knowledge, and knowledge is power... Well you know my ability now (-the whole, ghost thing-), so that's enough for the meantime.

Hmmm... what else... oh! Nene was an Impartial then? And so was that hippy boy from the beginning of this fiasco. And I know of another Impartial, so that's at least three total! I for one have never heard of so many Impartials in a situation like this...

Also, apparently there are two Investigators. Now, if you're reading this and know what I'm talking about, please contact me! Send me a private message! I've never heard of two Investigators that can determine allegiance being on the same team before, and the one I know is definitely an (the?) Innocent one. I don't believe they are both on the same team, unless one is Insane, Paranoid or Naive...

Can't anybody heal Madam Kingston? Nurse Hearth, surely your practice in magical medicine is enough to cure her? :cry_sad:

Yes, maybe our nurse will be able to help Miss Kingston! Miss Hearth, do you think you might be able to do something?

I have a funny and ominous feeling you're right. But unfortunately there's no way of easily telling who it is.

I'm sorry that you were attacked, Miss Ching, but at least you're here to help us through this dark time. :sweet: Do you have any leads you'd be willing to share?

Oh, and glad to see that Cuddles is gone. There was a much higher chance that he would kill us innocents!

That doesn't mean it's hostile to us. It didn't attack anyone last night. :sceptic:

Also, I'm freakin' dead!! That really steams me off! What do I do to deserve this?! Seriously, I don't recall rousing anyone's suspicions... which leads me to wonder if I can trust who I think I can... :hmpf_bad:

Now I'm six feet under (uh.. metaphorically speaking?) I'm debating whether I should reveal my role or not... It might help the Innocents, but it also will provide the Hallowed with knowledge, and knowledge is power... Well you know my ability now (-the whole, ghost thing-), so that's enough for the meantime.

Hmmm... what else... oh! Nene was an Impartial then? And so was that hippy boy from the beginning of this fiasco. And I know of another Impartial, so that's at least three total! I for one have never heard of so many Impartials in a situation like this...

Also, apparently there are two Investigators. Now, if you're reading this and know what I'm talking about, please contact me! Send me a private message! I've never heard of two Investigators that can determine allegiance being on the same team before, and the one I know is definitely an (the?) Innocent one. I don't believe they are both on the same team, unless one is Insane, Paranoid or Naive...

Why would the Hallowed need an investigator? Wouldn't they know that everyone besides them is either innocent or impartial?

Very intriguing turn of events. Any chance Ms. Mcgonagall we know the identity of the Werewolf?

What a night several sightings, a murder, and madam Kingston life nearly taken away again? At least no one has truly left us! At the beast appears to have been slain!

I think you should, what harm could the Deathly Hallowed do to you now?

What a crazy night; werewolves, dementors, poison, a stabbed puppy, a ghost, what can it all mean? It's good to see that the threat Cuddles posed to us all is gone, my sincerest thanks to whoever dispatched that foul monster. The threat of necromancy is ominous, I do wonder if there is something being hinted at here that we aren't quite grasping at the moment. Perhaps someone has discovered something during the night that could shed some light on the issue?

Also, I'm freakin' dead!! That really steams me off! What do I do to deserve this?!

Well you obviously annoyed someone, maybe that would make a good starting place for our investigations today? Goodness, I'm talking to a dead person, this is so weird... :look: Well at least you're still with us. :sweet:

I think you should, what harm could the Deathly Hallowed do to you now?

Well, for one thing, it would let them know what she could do, and thus they would be able to use that information to help them during the night, for example having her blocked. The fact is, we don't know what sort of weird and strange things these Deathly Hallowed people can do; for all we know, they could gain some unseen advantage by knowing Tea Ching's actions. Therefore I support her decision to remain cautious for the moment, for in this situation, information is power.

*Cough* Hello you dolts. Apprently one of you failed to poison me properly last night, how exciting! It's a good *cough* thing we're fighting a group of idiots. Two failed attempts on my life. Good work Hallowed.

However, it seems *cough* that we're not doing too well either. Last night I think I got even more misguiding evidence, but as it seems my life is drawing to a close, I guess I should share that shortly. The last two nights i have had a foeglass, but I strongly mistrust it, as it has not given me any good results. It was given to me on night 2, after I saw Bulltoad in a foeglass that I trusted. The new foe-glass, however, was given to me by a source that did not reveal itself, and I do not trust it.

That being said, the last two nights I have seen Mr. Lovegood and Mr. Jackson appear, in that order. I suppose we could convict one of them to test if the glass works, but I think the only results that I trust are the ones against Bulltoad.

Its great to see the dog dead but its terrible to see Miss Ching dead. But as a concellation she can still give us evidence and is still around to give us guidance. :thumbup:

Miss Kingston what is a foeglass? :look:

That being said, the last two nights I have seen Mr. Lovegood and Mr. Jackson appear, in that order. I suppose we could convict one of them to test if the glass works, but I think the only results that I trust are the ones against Bulltoad.

On Night 3 I was looking around for clues. To no avail. :hmpf_bad:

Why would the Hallowed need an investigator? Wouldn't they know that everyone besides them is either innocent or impartial?

Oh. Well, I can't believe I didn't think of that. I'll blame it on the whole, "I'm dead" thing. :tongue:

So, 2 investigators, eh? Interesting. In that case, one of them is bound to be Insane, Paranoid or Naive.

The last two nights i have had a foeglass, but I strongly mistrust it, as it has not given me any good results. It was given to me on night 2, after I saw Bulltoad in a foeglass that I trusted. The new foe-glass, however, was given to me by a source that did not reveal itself, and I do not trust it.

Maybe your foe-glass is broken. We know you're not the only one with a foe-glass, so maybe one of them doesn't work properly.

Miss Kingston what is a foeglass? :look:

I'm not Miss Kingston, but I can answer your question. A Foe Glass is an object which shows you the face of a person who is targeting you with malicious (harmful) intent. If someone is targeting you in a non-harmful way, then the Foe Glass won't show anything.

Well, time to let the cat out of the bag, and hopefully this will help us find one of those scum-bag Hallowed.

I'm an Innocent Investigator. I can determine people's allegiances. On night one I was away, nights 2 and 3 I was unable to find anything out (due to the people I was investigating being stunned or otherwise unreadable). Night 4 I found our third Impartial character, but I'm not sure I should reveal him/her yet. I also, in a stroke of luck, was able to see all his/her items and abilities.

Shoot, I really wanted Nene to be a hallowed, so I could prove my innocence once and for all! I'm glad to see that we did not suffer any true casualties in the night, and It is great to hear that Tea Ching can keep providing us with information without being harmed.

With that out of the way, I think it is necessary that we start discussing what has transpired during the night, Mrs. Kingston is slowly drifting away from us because she drank a potion, interestingly enough, our potions teacher is still with us, a potion of that power must have taken a skilled potioneer to brew properly, however, it would be fool-hardy to rush to a conclusion of Sicilia not being innocent. A student could of easily crept into the potion store cupboard and got the ingredients to brew such a potion, If my dad told me correctly, Mrs. Weasly-Granger brewed a perfect batch of polyjuice potion in only her second year. That is why I ask, Sicilia, do you keep your ingredients under lock and key, did you see anything last night that we should be aware of. Your looking awfully suspicious to me...

So then how can they break? Miss Kingston said that she didnt trust the foeglass she used but it gave her names so why does she not trust it?

My orginal foeglass was replaced. The only reading I got off the first one was you, and then the second two names I dropped were from the untruthworthy foegalss. So, why did you target me with harmful actions the second night, young man?

What a crazy twist of events last night? Although we failed to nab the Death Hallowed on Day Four but at the very least we have nab an impartial. It's not a complete loss but I am very surprised that there is more than one impartial among us. Furthermore, our late Tea Ching knew another person whom is an impartial too. I am very sadden by the fact that we have lost her in the attack by Death Hallowed last night, resulting in her loss. However, we still have her among us to assist us in this terrible ordeal.

I applaud the person whom wield the Sword of Gryffindor and ends the threat of Cuddles. I am glad no one else is harm by the beast attack. Then, I supposed a few of us also inherits the fiery feather and the invisibility cloak. Let's be sure and use it for good cause and pray that it does not land into the hands of Death Hallowed.

What's the werewolf thing all about? It happened upon "Full Moon" last night. Could that person be another impartial which Tea Ching has mentioned earlier?

Yes, maybe our nurse will be able to help Miss Kingston! Miss Hearth, do you think you might be able to do something?

As for Madam Kingston, I am very shocked that she was poisoned and I am very certain it was done by those nasty Death Hallowed again. I will try my best to see what I can do to salvage the situation tonight. At this stage, I don't know the extend of this poison and I don't want to risk to induce the wrong administration. Right now, Madam Kingston please rest in the Hospital Wing. I will try my best to find a cure for you.

Judging from the happening last night, I suspect you were poisoned by your drink. I noticed your red mug has a strong dosage of bright lime green poison substance. If there is anyone whom is knowledgeable on poisons among us, I really hope you are able to advise on this situation. Time is running short and I don't know how much time I have to save Madam Kingston.

Oh my! Miss Ching murdered! Thank god your soul is still amongst us. Which makes me think this is not the work of a necromancer. Necromancers need dead bodies, the Hallowed mentioned he needed the soul. Also we have been able to recover all the bodies of the victims of the Hallowed, except for your DADA-teacher, of whom we still don’t know if he is dead or alive…

Thank god someone took care of Cuddles, we couldn’t have him feasting on the few innocents that are left… There’s still a dementor and a werewolf left. I suppose the werewolf isn’t much of a threat since it can only transform during full moon, which occurs only one night a month so if I’m correct we won’t be seeing him tomorrow. I am wondering if the werewolf is someone from outside the school who infiltrated or if it is one of us…

I’ve been thinking. The killer has always used the Avada Kadavra curse. If I’m not mistaken this curse is used only by dark wizards, thus wand bearers. If I am correct this would mean that Professor Prion and Jingle are not the ones killing the innocents. They still might be Hallowed however.

Miss Kingston, there must be an angel watching over you. You survived two attacks! I hope Miss Hearth finds a cure for the poison very soon! Who gave you your drink? And what did you do that someone wants you dead so badly? I do not know why you saw me in your foeglass. I have been up and about at night but so has everyone else. I did not, and do not intend any harm to happen to you or to any other innocent person.

What a night!

Oh my! Miss Ching murdered! Thank god your soul is still amongst us. Which makes me think this is not the work of a necromancer. Necromancers need dead bodies, the Hallowed mentioned he needed the soul. Also we have been able to recover all the bodies of the victims of the Hallowed, except for your DADA-teacher, of whom we still don’t know if he is dead or alive…

Thank god someone took care of Cuddles, we couldn’t have him feasting on the few innocents that are left… There’s still a dementor and a werewolf left. I suppose the werewolf isn’t much of a threat since it can only transform during full moon, which occurs only one night a month so if I’m correct we won’t be seeing him tomorrow. I am wondering if the werewolf is someone from outside the school who infiltrated or if it is one of us…

I’ve been thinking. The killer has always used the Avada Kadavra curse. If I’m not mistaken this curse is used only by dark wizards, thus wand bearers. If I am correct this would mean that Professor Prion and Jingle are not the ones killing the innocents. They still might be Hallowed however.

Miss Kingston, there must be an angel watching over you. You survived two attacks! I hope Miss Hearth finds a cure for the poison very soon! Who gave you your drink? And what did you do that someone wants you dead so badly? I do not know why you saw me in your foeglass. I have been up and about at night but so has everyone else. I did not, and do not intend any harm to happen to you or to any other innocent person.

What a night!

I don't think you are. Prion is a student, but he can certainly use spells, otherwise he wouldn't be attending this school. Also, if I remember correct from our history class, the house elf Winky was wrongly accused of casting the Dark Mark, which implies that it is possible for elves to do magic.

I don't think you are. Prion is a student, but he can certainly use spells, otherwise he wouldn't be attending this school. Also, if I remember correct from our history class, the house elf Winky was wrongly accused of casting the Dark Mark, which implies that it is possible for elves to do magic.

Oh yeah! I forgot about Winky! But she didn't have a wand of her own. I really thought Prion was a teacher :P. What I meant to say in my previous post (which got double posted...) was that even though these two guys aren't wand bearers normally they shouldn't be off the hook that easily.

Hi, ho, Cuddles is dead! :sweet: but another innocent.. Heavy blow.

Maybe we should discuss what Pf. McGonagall said yesterday... About that sign also belonging to the dark wizard that once worked with Albus Dumbledore (Yes, I read Rita Skeeter :grin: ) called Grindelwald? Is he even alive anymore?

Cuddles is stopped, which is good, Miss Ching is dead but can still help us, which is confusing and bad and good, Miss Kingston is dying (and since she's immune to magic, I assume she can't be healed magically either), and there was another impartial? This is madness.

Where do we start? Make lists of likely enemies of Miss Ching and Miss Kingston? That makes a certain sense to me, though I can't recall anything that either one has done to warrant such attention. Plus we can't assume that the Death's Hallowed poisoned Miss Kingston, it might have been a stupid but innocent person who thought she was bad for some reason (though again, I can't see why).

I just don't know.

A lot has happened tonight! Although Tea Ching has to wander around Hogwarts until the attackers are caught, or even forever, but I think I can say for all we're happy to have her on our side. So, miss Ching you know the third Impartial in the game, but it seems you're thinking the Impartial will not hurt the Innocents? Wouldn't it be better to let us know who it is, to protect ourselves?

Oh my, a werewolf! Good to read it didn't attack anyone. Is there anyway we could see the gender of a werewolf? Could the werewolf be an Innocent?

And there is the Dementor again, good to hear nobody ran into its path!

Good to see somebody killed Cuddles, thank you very much.

And I hope someone will be able to cure Madam Kingstone. I don't think somebody innocent would give her such a potion it kills her... Let's hope she gets alright. The Foe Glass confuses me though, so you see who attacked you, but now it gives names of people who didn't attack you?

The Foe Glass confuses me though, so you see who attacked you, but now it gives names of people who didn't attack you?

The Foe Glass reveals people who target you with malicious intent. Just because they target you, doesn't mean they succeed in their action.

The trouble you all are *cough* having with understanding the foeglass is that there are TWO foeglasses that I've had in the course of the last few days. One I trusted, and the other I suspect, and *cough* that's only suspect, not know for certain, *cough* of giving me incorrect results. Bulltoad was seen in my trustworthy foeglass, and the other two were seen in my untrustworthy one.