Sandy

LEGO Princesses

Printed dresses  

179 members have voted

1. 1. How many of the printed dresses you own?

• All of them
    • Most of them
    • Some of them
    • Just one
    • None of them

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Ever since I returned from the dark ages, I've admired the beautiful long dresses on female minifigs, and after getting the Fantasy Era Princess, I decided to collect them all.

To this date, there are twelve individual printed dresses (with a thirteenth on it's way with the freshly announced Imperial Flagship), and now I've finally managed to get all of them. Not an easy task, since most of them are unique to a single expensive and/or rare set.

Here they are, as presented by the ~Twelve LEGO Princesses~

12princesses.jpg

On the left, we have the following dresses:

12princesses2.jpg

1. The dark bley statue's dress from the Harry Potter set 4751 Marauder's Map

2. Governor's daughter's white dress from the new Pirates set 6243 Brickbeard's Bounty.

3. The tan and brown maid's dress from the Fantasy Era sets 7979 Castle Advent Calendar and 10193 Medieval Market Village.

4. Troll shaman's ragged brown dress from the Fantasy Era set 7097 Trolls' Mountain Fortress.

5. Queen Leonora's and the blacksmith's wife's red and blue dress from the Castle sets 6098 King Leo's Castle and 3739 Blacksmith Shop.

6. The Crownies' princess' dark blue dress from the Fantasy Era set 7093 Skeleton Tower and the two Fantasy Era chess sets.

And on the right are these following dresses:

12princesses3.jpg

7. The decorative blue dress of the queen of the Crownies from the Fantasy Era set 7079 Drawbridge Defense.

8. Professor Trelawney's blue dress from the Harry Potter set 4757 Hogwart's Castle (2nd version).

9. Professor McGonagall's green dress from the Harry Potter set 4729 Dumbledore's Office.

10. Market woman's black and dark green dress from the Fantasy Era set 10193 Medieval Market Village.

11. Evil witch's black dress from the Fantasy Era set 7979 Castle Advent Calendar and the big Fantasy Era chess set.

12. The black and red dress of Willa the Witch from the Fright Knights' sets 2872 Witch and Fireplace, 6037 Witch's Windship, 6087 Witch's Magic Manor, 6097 Night Lord's Castle and 6031 Fright Force, making it the most common printed dress produced.

Hope you enjoyed this showcasing. Don't forget to answer the poll, for I want to know how many of these do you own?

EDIT: As time has passed, even more dresses have been released for me to collect, and now I've got all 18 of them (plus the two merpeople also pictured here).

18dresses.jpg

13. Captain's daughter's light blue dress from the Pirates set 10210 Imperial Flagship.

14. Kingdoms princess' white and red dress from the Kingdoms set 7947 Prison Tower Rescue.

15. Kingdoms queen's red and gold dress from the 7952 Kingdoms Advent Calendar.

16. The green-skinned witch's black dress from the Collectible Minifigures Series 2.

19. Bellatrix Lestrange's gothic black dress from the upcoming Harry Potter set 4840 The Burrow.

18. The updated fleshy Professor McGonagall's dark green dress from the upcoming Harry Potter set 4842 Hogwarts Castle (4th version).

EDIT 2: As of September 2011, there are 24 printed dresses released, double the amount that this topic originally portrayed. There are also four different merpeople currently.

24dresses.jpg

19) Geisha's red dress from Collectable Minifigures Series 4

20) Elizabeth Swann's dark red dress from PotC set 4181 Isla de la Muerta.

21) Narcissa Malfoy's black dress from HP set 4865 Forbidden Forest.

22) Professor Sprout's dark tan dress from HP set 4867 Hogwarts.

23) Peasant woman's light blue dress from Kingdoms set 7189 Mill Village Raid.

24) Egyptian queen's white dress from Collectable Minifigures Series 5.

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Nine of them. I'm missing the Marauder's Map from my HP collection, also due to funding shortage I have not yet bought Troll's Mountain Fortress, and finally I don't have the Witch from the Batlord's theme.

I really want to get Marauder's Map, but it's not a big enough set that I want to spend much on it... so I haven't found one at the "right price" yet.

I'm intending to get the Batlord's Castle at some stage (indeed I did buy one off ebay in great condition but as a birthday present for my sister).

Trolls Mountain Fortress... high up my wishlist but edged out by Winter Toy Shop and now the Imperial Flagship.

Nicely presented Sandy - great work compiling this!

Edited by brickzone

You have a great collection here. I only own three, from the MMV & Drawbridge Defence sets. I think the design of the dress is excellent, so much better than using standard legs.

I am very impressed with your collection.

I have zero, in fact the only female minifig I have is Princess Leia plus a few from old sets from the mid eighties, I think.

To my knowledge I only have proffesor McGonagall. :cry_sad:

I'll definiltly try to snag a couple more dresses from the 2009 sets!

By the way, great job on your collection.

I didn't even know that some of these figures existed!

Thanks for the comments, guys! :wub:

I didn't even know that some of these figures existed!

Please note that I've switched the heads and hairpieces for most of the minifigs, although all the torsos and dresses belong together. So these are not the whole minifigs you get from the sets. I just wanted more variation to the "princesses" so I customized them like that.

I have three. Dresses have never been my thing (In fact Pepper Roni's legs and Indy's gunbelt are my favourites for custom figures :tongue: ) I have the castle maiden and the witch and the crownie queen.

Very cool. I have more of these than I realized at first. I've got 7, and I'll have 8 in the near future ( once I finally pick up MMV). I would like to get Trelawney, McGonagall and Leonora at some point, (can never have two many female figs) the Orc dress I'm less excited about.

Now you could make an adaptation of "The Twelve Dancing Princesses" :classic:

I have some of them. I believe I have 3 or 4. I think it's neat that you have all of them and got all the ladies together at once for a photo shoot. The dresses have never been my thing either. While I think they are pretty and such, they make the ladies taller than the men and I think that looks odd. Thanks for showing these Sandy.

While I think they are pretty and such, they make the ladies taller than the men and I think that looks odd.

I actually think that's a good thing. :laugh:

But if it bothers you, you can always think they're using high heels or something. :wink:

I like using the old pants as skirts like with my dominatrix minifig. SirNadroj did it for one of his contest entries and I thought it was a fantastic idea so I bought a bunch of those for skirts. Again, it can't replace these lovely ladies. It just freaks me out a bit that they are so tall. :classic:

I like using the old pants as skirts like with my dominatrix minifig. SirNadroj did it for one of his contest entries and I thought it was a fantastic idea so I bought a bunch of those for skirts. Again, it can't replace these lovely ladies. It just freaks me out a bit that they are so tall. :classic:

Cutes! Wiggly hips! :laugh:

I think it's testament to TLG's improvement that half of these dresses come since 2007 alone :thumbup:

A lovely collection!

I have five, so I voted "Some". :classic: I'm very happy to have those five and hope to have more in the future. It doesn't bother me too much that they make the "princesses" taller than the other figs. And even if I get into a situation where it looks strange, I do it like Sandy and just imagine they have high heels. :grin:

I have none, and that's bad. I need to find a small set with a dressed princess.

I think it's testament to TLG's improvement that half of these dresses come since 2007 alone :thumbup:

And like many other torsos, the dresses released this year have a printed back as well. That includes the Governor's daughter, the market woman, the Crownie queen and the Troll shamaness.

I need to find a small set with a dressed princess.

The cheapest sets you can get a printed dress from are the small Fright Knights sets, although they're so old they can be heavily overpriced nowadays.

The Harry Potter's Marauder's Map set with the grey dress was relatively cheap when it was released as well, but not anymore.

The Castle Advent Calendar has two dresses (the maid and the new witch) and an affordable price, but it is quite rare especially if you live in the US.

So the cheapest set from which you can get one of these dresses is probably the new Drawbridge Defense with the Crownie queen.

Pretty much all the other dresses come in big, expensive sets.

Well I own none but I will be buying some sets next year that will get me them.

I just realised I own 11/12 of these dresses! :blush:

Now I'll have to get the last one (the older Castle one) just so I can vote 'All' in this topic! :devil::tongue:

I own 9½ of them :sweet:

I'm missing Professor Trelawney's, the Troll shaman's and the lower part of the Marauder's Map statue.

I really like these dresses and are planning on getting them all. Trelawney's will be the hardest one I think...

So, this are the printed dresses only but how many with un-printed dresses are they? I know about some:

cas353.gifcas278.gifcas275.gifcas097.giftwn065.jpgvik029.gifvik028.gifhrf003.gifhp016.gif

These may not be as fancy as the printed ones but I think some are not so bad (like the old castle one). Are there more of them?

I have them all cept McGonagall and Orc.

Though they are all mixed in my bin, but I know I have them. :P

-Omi

Wow, I have ten out of twelve. I'm lacking the troll queen, who's high on my wishlist, and the original witch, who's actually not that expensive on Bricklink, so I think I might complete the set.

Personally I think it's time for a purpose-made skirt - torso pieces don't stick to these slope pieces as well as they do to trousers. It's good that Lego is bringing in greater minifig gender equality though.