Several time ago I had problems with the NXT's speaker.

It looks like if the speaker has corrosionrust or something like that.Is there any cheap repairs?

I will post photos later.

It doesn't produces the standard sounds like turning on or click and the sound files from all the programs are also in silence.

(the programs work well)

Edited by LXF

If you adjusted the speaker volume all the way up and still get no sounds, you could have your parents contact LEGO Customer Service. LEGO may send you a replacement NXT in return for the broken one back.

It is not hard to replace the speaker assuming that is the problem and not the sound circuitry. You would have to find a new speaker of similar diameter.

Try LEGO CS first.

Thanks,but at the customer services is not avaible :angry: because of the new ev3 :hmpf_bad:

I am thinking in putting an earplug to my NXT, and that way using it with my audio system :grin:

My pics aren't loading at brickshelf:((

Thanks,but at the customer services is not avaible :angry: because of the new ev3 :hmpf_bad:

I am thinking in putting an earplug to my NXT, and that way using it with my audio system :grin:

My pics aren't loading at brickshelf:((

That's too bad. LEGO CS fixed my NXT last summer. I guess I got lucky that they still had spares in stock.

The speaker on the NXT is not very loud. An earplug could be a good idea assuming you don't need your NXT to move around by itself without dragging speaker wires. :wink: On my version of the NXT, the speaker is mounted to the white holder for the LCD screen. It looks like there are black and red wires going to it.

15087577995_0e339651ed_c.jpgLEGO NXT Repair? by dr_spock_888, on Flickr

Disclaimer: Modify your NXT at your own risk. Information provided as-is without warranty.

I have some practice soldering-from 7 years :grin:

In mine NXT the speaker was glued the that white holder

Also,did you paid for that replacement ?

And,how it works?(the process of replacement)

I have some practice soldering-from 7 years :grin:

In mine NXT the speaker was glued the that white holder

Also,did you paid for that replacement ?

And,how it works?(the process of replacement)

Soldering is a good skill to have.

I contacted LEGO Customer Service through the LEGO website for Canada. There was form to fill out with your information and explanation of what's wrong. You can also call them if there is a support telephone number for your country. A few days later they contacted me by phone that they were sending me a replacement NXT and a prepaid envelope to ship the old NXT back to them. I received the replacement NXT a couple days later. The return envelope eventually arrived a week or so later. Unfortunately it had pre-U.S. Postage which doesn't work in Canada. I ended up paying a couple dollars out of pocket for the postage. Overall, I was happy to have a working NXT for the cost of postage.

Good luck.

Soldering is a good skill to have.

I contacted LEGO Customer Service through the LEGO website for Canada. There was form to fill out with your information and explanation of what's wrong. You can also call them if there is a support telephone number for your country. A few days later they contacted me by phone that they were sending me a replacement NXT and a prepaid envelope to ship the old NXT back to them. I received the replacement NXT a couple days later. The return envelope eventually arrived a week or so later. Unfortunately it had pre-U.S. Postage which doesn't work in Canada. I ended up paying a couple dollars out of pocket for the postage. Overall, I was happy to have a working NXT for the cost of postage.

Good luck.

I wonder if they will replace my broken micro motor this way.

I wonder if they will replace my broken micro motor this way.

Micro motors have been out of production for a long time, much longer than NXT. The probability that LEGO still have end of life support for them or have any in their repair stock is very low. I guess it doesn't hurt to drop them a line to confirm. :wink:

Edited by dr_spock