Sign in to follow this  
Bonaparte

MOC Pirate sticker/torso LIBRARY

Does anyone find it a good idea to have a "pinned" topic with links to all pirate related MOC stickers/torso designs?

Examples: All french, english, spanish naval uniforms, pirates uniforms, .....

For having a good overview, this could be sub-topics.

We could build a library with all MOC uniforms that can easily by searched.

This way we can all re-use each others designs and just print ...

Now, a lot of torso designs are spread around in the MOC forum without a clear overview of whats available.

We can also add a tutorial section. Here we can put some ideas on how to make more complex designs.

Maybe an example: http://eurobricks.hosting.ipsyn.com/eurofo...?showtopic=6054 (not really a pirate, but just to give an idea of what i mean).

Let me know what you think ...

B.

Edit (17/09/2006):

The library is available here.

I wouldn't say a pinned topic because we get too much clutter if we pin too many topics. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT!!! Maybe if we added a section to the Pirate LEGO Directory for such a thing that would work a whole lot better.

I wouldn't say a pinned topic because we get too much clutter if we pin too many topics. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT!!! Maybe if we added a section to the Pirate LEGO Directory for such a thing that would work a whole lot better.

I love the idea! I have some more to share soon. I have just finished some to be proud of, and I'm always ready for ideas from others.

Users probably don't view the Pirate LEGO Directory enough however, so there must be something done to encourage them to look there.

Maybe one day we'll have a MODs/Stickers/Custom sub-forum and then we'd have plenty of room to pin a library of that nature. But will we have sufficient usage to warrant such an addition?

I am shamed to ancounce that I am of the guilty party who does not view the Pirate Lego Direktory because I forget it is there. My mind seems to wander over the pinned threads and i do not see them. I suspect this is the case for many users seeing the pinned threads not get such a good posting.

Well, I just took a look in the Pirate LEGO Directory for the first time. I didn't really check it before till you told me. Maybe I can start by making a new topic in the Pirate LEGO MOCs which contains links to all the stickers and torso's that have already been posted here in the past? This way we have already some kind of an inventory and a place to post new designs.

I love the idea! I have some more to share soon. I have just finished some to be proud of, and I'm always ready for ideas from others.

Well, I can't wait to see your new designs Sir ScottLego. Your admiral is standing proudly on my flagship.

I also love the designs of Admiral Matthew. I'm still working on an improved version of his British captain.

B.

Quite possibly in the future we could have a MODs/Customs sub-forum and then there would be plenty of room to pin a thread like this. Anyway, someone should start creating a thread for a library, perhaps Bonaparte since he thought of the idea and we can keep this thread for any discussion we have about the library.

How's that sound laddies?

Quite possibly in the future we could have a MODs/Customs sub-forum and then there would be plenty of room to pin a thread like this. Anyway, someone should start creating a thread for a library, perhaps Bonaparte since he thought of the idea and we can keep this thread for any discussion we have about the library.

How's that sound laddies?

Sounds like a good starting point Mr Phes.

I will do a search of all the MOCs to get the links to all custom stickers and torso's already present.

Shall I make a new Topic (you mean this when you say "thread"?) in the "Pirate LEGO MOCs" forum or in the "LEGO Pirates" forum ?

Does the name "LIBRARY stickers/torso" sound ok?

B.

There's already quite a few in this forum so maybe here is the best starting point. I.e. linking all the existing threads here under a category or something like that!

There's already quite a few in this forum so maybe here is the best starting point. I.e. linking all the existing threads here under a category or something like that!

Owkee, I will take care of that.

B.

Excellent work Bonaparte! If you know how can you put a link back to this thread clearly stating all discussion belongs in this one and the new thread you create is for library purposes only?

Excellent work Bonaparte! If you know how can you put a link back to this thread clearly stating all discussion belongs in this one and the new thread you create is for library purposes only?

You can count on me Mr. Phes.

I will order Berthier (my chief of staff) to start collecting all the uniforms...

Our great torso library will be alive in a few days!

B.

I see you've created the Library thread Bonaparte so Excellent work! I've just given it some additional formatting just so things stand out a bit more. But you've been really comprehensive!

Did you search through all existing Sticker/Torso threads in the Pirate forum? Or is this list entirely what you had?

I see you've created the Library thread Bonaparte so Excellent work! I've just given it some additional formatting just so things stand out a bit more. But you've been really comprehensive!

Did you search through all existing Sticker/Torso threads in the Pirate forum? Or is this list entirely what you had?

I did a search of the Pirate Forum and of brickshelf for designs that could be used in the pirate world. But this is just the starting point. I have some more designs on my pc that I still have to convert to jpg and put them on the library and I will do some more searching...

Lord Bonaparte, I have some contributions for your library, you should link the demo to your army band, add your hussar torso and also check out this thread.

How could I forget my own band and hussar :-$. They are added to the library now. Thanks oo7.

Bonaparte, you've probably already noticed that I've pinned the library thread, but in case you haven't now you know!

Bonaparte, you've probably already noticed that I've pinned the library thread, but in case you haven't now you know!

Ohh, that's really great. Thanks Mr. Phes!

Anyway, Bonaparte where do you prefer to have submissions for the library posted? This thread or in the library thread?

The sailor in the library, with the vest and anchor is a normal pirate fig without sticker in case you didn't notice...

Anyway, Bonaparte where do you prefer to have submissions for the library posted? This thread or in the library thread?

Maybe it is best to have new submissions in the library and keep this threat for all other discussions.

I will update the first topic of the library with links for each new submission so we keep a good overview.

For each design I'm still going to put the name of the author (when it is someone on the forum).

The sailor in the library, with the vest and anchor is a normal pirate fig without sticker in case you didn't notice...

Is it? From which set is this fig Mr Tiber?

The red beard runner contains two of them(only the ones with the brown vest excist).

That's why I didn't know. I never bought that awfull ship.

Maybe I should buy it for the pieces.

The red beard runner contains two of them(only the ones with the brown vest excist).

That's why I didn't know. I never bought that awfull ship.

Maybe I should buy it for the pieces.

You can also find old anchor chest in 6249 Pirates Ambush and 6281 Pirates Perilous Pitfall.

Sir ScottLego, do you have already some pictures available of the new uniforms that you are designing?

If they look as good as the others you made... can't wait to see them.