just2good

Modular Western project has reached 10K supporters on Cuusoo!

The Modular Western Town project on Cuusoo has just reached 10,000 supporters! I'm pretty sure this is the first non-licensed project to reach 10K. A big congrats to 'mb_bricks'! :thumbup:

Personally, I think the idea is really cool. I just hope they don't release the Town in one set, but instead release each once a year, like the Town Modular Buildings sets. I'm 95% this will pass approval. The only thing that wont make it pass is the price, but even that is a small gripe. :sweet:

Update 5/28/12:

LEGO posted this to their Facebook!

Edited by just2good

....with 10,002 votes, 1291 comments, 47 bookmarks, and 193,509 views!

UPDATE: Achieved with 10,005 votes, 1316 comments, 47 bookmarks, and 193,531 views!

Edited by JamesTheCat

It's about time, the Modular Western Town project on CUUSOO has hit all 10,000 supporters! I believe this project will actually get accepted, no licensing or anything! Woo!

WesternAchieved.png

Congrats to mb_bricks!

I'm not expecting what's in the pic, but maybe a Western theme? With the Polar theme coming out next year, the other "action" theme could be a Western theme!

Either that, or maybe a miniature Western town like the Mini Modular set.

Post your excitement below!

-Sci, the 10,000th supporter of the awesome project..!..

Edited by CM4S

Congratulations, mb_bricks!

I think this is a bigger deal than the other ones that have gotten this far, since it had to rely almost entirely on FOL support rather than existing fanbases.

(Not that the licensed projects weren't well done, but you know what I mean, right?)

It took long enough! :laugh: Glad that the only project I'm actually interested in that had a chance of passing has finally passed. :sweet: I can't think of a reason for LEGO to turn this one down either. I won't get my hope up though, I'm not expecting a whole town.

Congrats on being the 10,000th supporter, CM4S! :P

My dad's account supported it at 9,999 supporters. So who knows who was the 10,000 supporter. But that doesn't matter. :wink:

Great news!

Interesting...

On the search page, the Western Town is already listed as a Cuusoo product!

http://lego.cuusoo.com/all/1 (order by "most supported")

"In Review" is a new category, until very recently all the projects that had achieved 10 000 supporters were titled "LEGO CUUSOO product", regardless of their actual status. Lego must have understood that this was quite misleading and changed the thing, but someone somewhere forgot to turn some switch and when the MWT achieved the needed amount of supporters it still went into the old category instead of the new.

Nevertheless, congrats to the MWT and mb_bricks! This is the first project I've actually voted that has achieved to reach the review stage. :classic:

Interesting...

On the search page, the Western Town is already listed as a Cuusoo product!

http://lego.cuusoo.com/all/1 (order by "most supported")

"In Review" is a new category, until very recently all the projects that had achieved 10 000 supporters were titled "LEGO CUUSOO product", regardless of their actual status. Lego must have understood that this was quite misleading and changed the thing, but someone somewhere forgot to turn some switch and when the MWT achieved the needed amount of supporters it still went into the old category instead of the new.

Maybe they already reviewed it since it was an original product? I'm confused too.

Edited by just2good

Congrats, marshal_banana! :thumbup:

I'm glad this idea got 10,000 supporters. I can't wait for this to become real. But, what about the alcohol in the saloon? Would that be a problem with CUUSOO Corner?

I'm thrilled about this!!! I'm really hoping for this one to make it through the review. I think we've got a good chance! :thumbup:

I'm glad this idea got 10,000 supporters. I can't wait for this to become real. But, what about the alcohol in the saloon? Would that be a problem with CUUSOO Corner?

If they decide to produce it, they're allowed to remove or change whatever they want.

Finally! Congratulations marshal_banana! This one will pass review for sure. :thumbup: Now we wait until June :sadnew:

I'm glad that this one got 10000 supporters too! I supported it when it was at about 5000 and I basically only went back on the cuusoo website to check the status. Anyway, congratulation to mb_bricks. I hope lego will accept this project!

I'm thrilled about this!!! I'm really hoping for this one to make it through the review. I think we've got a good chance! :thumbup:

If they decide to produce it, they're allowed to remove or change whatever they want.

Not only that, but it shouldnt be alcohol in a "present day setting", which is what TLG object to. I dont think this set trespasses any guidelines.

So congratulations and thanks to marshal_banana, for having made the set! Hopefully, it will get TLG thinking about a relaunch of the Western line...

This is great - it's the first Cuusoo product that really tickles my fancy. I wonder which building they'll choose?

The Modular Western Town project on Cuusoo has just reached 10,000 supporters! I'm pretty sure this is the first non-licensed project to reach 10K. A big congrats to 'mb_bricks'! :thumbup:

Personally, I think the idea is really cool. I just hope they don't release the Town in one set, but instead release each once a year, like the Town Modular Buildings sets. I'm 95% this will pass approval. The only thing that wont make it pass is the price, but even that is a small gripe. :sweet:

I don't see price being a problem. You do know it's just one building, not all?

It's about time, the Modular Western Town project on CUUSOO has hit all 10,000 supporters! I believe this project will actually get accepted, no licensing or anything! Woo!

WesternAchieved.png

Congrats to mb_bricks!

I'm not expecting what's in the pic, but maybe a Western theme? With the Polar theme coming out next year, the other "action" theme could be a Western theme!

Either that, or maybe a miniature Western town like the Mini Modular set.

Post your excitement below!

-Sci, the 10,000th supporter of the awesome project..!..

Whats this Polar theme you speak of?

Congrats on this project, I'm sure it will get passed. Just use POTC bottles for the bar and let it be ambiguous

I hope this set comes out as the saloon with 2 cowboy gunslingers, a bartender and maybe a western style damsel and at least one new horse!

We can probably expect a simpler less technical build, I hope they keep the scale of it the same.

Edited by BrickBucket

Yay! Nice to finally have a non-licensed theme achieve support. :classic:

This legitimately deserves to be a set, because it's not just fans of a franchise voting on it (e.g. Minecraft), it's actually the design itself that's gotten it through.

Congrats 'marshal_banana', I have already left a congrats message on Cuusoo for you.....then I thought better leave one here too ! :excited:

I have good vibes for this, everything in it should get a green light.....they have done armed cow-folk before and of course saloon equals tavern....no problem there.

We may see the return of the wild wild west ! :excited: