Sign in to follow this  
johnsocal

TRON LEGO sets a possibility?

Sure, it's a possibility, I guess, especially since the most memorable thing from the movie is a vehicle. :tongue: However, looking at that trailer, it seems to have a somewhat darker tone than the previous tron, so I'm not sure whether TLC will go for it. :sceptic:

Besides, we are already getting System sets from four Disney movies next year, so this would probably be too much.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

System sets from four Disney movies next year, so this would probably be too much.

??/ Am I missing something here? I thought it was only Toy Story and Prince of Persia in system, and Cars in Duplo... so that's system sets for 2 movies... did lego and disney announce 2 more movies they are gonna make?

??/ Am I missing something here? I thought it was only Toy Story and Prince of Persia in system, and Cars in Duplo... so that's system sets for 2 movies... did lego and disney announce 2 more movies they are gonna make?

Considering the way they made Toy Story minifigs they might as well be in Duplo.

Considering the way they made Toy Story minifigs they might as well be in Duplo.

o c'mon, don't hate them THAT much. the buzz, green aliens, zurg and army men are gold... the rest... are duplo.

No. I was counting Toy Story 1-3. :wink:

And the TS figs are NOT DUPLO! :sing:

I say the chance is almost 0.

Who knows what the contract says, I'm sure it's not for every single movie Disney makes. Also have you seen the trailer for the sequel? PG-13 rating for sure, and that's out of LEGO's demo.

No. I was counting Toy Story 1-3. :wink:

And the TS figs are NOT DUPLO! :sing:

oh crap... and here i was hoping for an aladdin theme because of Prince of Persia... sigh... oh well, there's always next year.

I say the chance is almost 0.

Who knows what the contract says, I'm sure it's not for every single movie Disney makes. Also have you seen the trailer for the sequel? PG-13 rating for sure, and that's out of LEGO's demo.

LEGO has done PG-13! SW3, spider-man, Indy, and maybe a few others.

o c'mon, don't hate them THAT much. the buzz, green aliens, zurg and army men are gold... the rest... are duplo.

The aliens and the armymen are great, buzz and the rest are ... Jack stoneish... :sick:

Having never seen tron i wouldn't know if it's suitable for a lego theme. It's also a little old now so most of legos target audience wouldn't even know what it was.

Edited by Black Rabbit

@Black Rabbit: That´s why they are releasing a new TRON movie soon ;)

@Topic: There are lightcycles already in the new Lego racers game :tongue:

Glow in the Dark Lego pieces? Awesome, I say! (As long as they're non-toxic, of course.)

oh crap... and here i was hoping for an aladdin theme because of Prince of Persia... sigh... oh well, there's always next year.

they made sets for sw3 and for indy4 and for harry potter and they will make pirates of the carribean next year. so there.

LEGO has done PG-13! SW3, spider-man, Indy, and maybe a few others.

harry potter and in future pirates of the carribean

I've seen some pretty cool Tron MOCs, but to get some official GITD or lighted pieces would make Tron sets worth it.

It's extremely unlikely simply because for any franchise such as this the target is to have product in stores around six weeks before the movie comes out. This is because 70% of the sales will actually be made before the movie comes out (Remember back in 99 with Phantom menace - The Movie came out May 25th, but the Lego was out back end of Easter - That's why.)

There is plenty of Tron merchandise out there already, and we've not seen a sniff of any Lego, yet we already know about Pirates of the Caribean and that's not out til next may.

Sorry guys it aint gonna happen.

But I'd have a lightcycle, and Quorra's car.

they made sets for sw3 and for indy4 and for harry potter and they will make pirates of the carribean next year. so there.

harry potter and in future pirates of the carribean

Back in 2009 this was a possibility. Now that it's almost 2011, I don't see this happening, although it would be totally awesome!

Usually sets come out around 3-6 months before the movie does, so I think this is a bust.

OMG after seeing the movie TWICe, once in IMAX 3D other time in D-box theatre 3D, THIS MOVIE WAS AWESOME

If they came out with lego version of this I would buy every single set made, probably multiples. To me it makes total sense, no crazy figures to make like pirates of the Caribbean or toy story, no crazy buildings really, and its something that has a definite end, not like star wars sets and city sets, I think of all the disney legos this one would be the best transition, they should definitely reconsider.

just saw the movie in 3d imax

a bit of a let-down, but a good show

after the let-down, i lost interest in lego versions

1147666118_PPVkb-M.jpg