Sign in to follow this  
Jedd the Jedi

[MOC] Jabba's Palace

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Here's my first MOC posted here on Eurobricks! This is a vignette of Jabba's Palace inspired by several versions that I saw here on Brickshelf. I wanted to combine the best aspects of all the ones that I liked into a scene that wasn't too large, and using the minifigures and pieces that I own. The fleshie Slave Leia minifigure here was bought loose, as I don't own the Jabba's Sail Barge set (but I'd very much like to).

jabbas_palace_vig_1_low_res.jpg

jabbas_palace_vig_2_low_res.jpg

jabbas_palace_vig_3_low_res.jpg

jabbas_palace_vig_closeup_1_-_low_res.jpg

Brickshelf Gallery

Very well done Jabba's Palace vignette Jedd! I love how the figs are cramped in such a small space, as it more or less depicts the movie scene quite well. I also like the trans-lime green accessory for Jabba (looking for the appropriate term). Good work overall, and thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

Very well done Jabba's Palace vignette Jedd! I love how the figs are cramped in such a small space, as it more or less depicts the movie scene quite well. I also like the trans-lime green accessory for Jabba (looking for the appropriate term). Good work overall, and thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

Hey, I really appreciate your comments! The "trans lime-green accessory" is actually Jabba's hookah pipe and gorg snack bowl. I'm actually pretty proud of using the Indiana Jones whip as his pipe.

Hey, I really appreciate your comments! The "trans lime-green accessory" is actually Jabba's hookah pipe and gorg snack bowl. I'm actually pretty proud of using the Indiana Jones whip as his pipe.

Nice, you know your SW facts very well. I actually didn't know the exact term, so it's nice to learn something new today. After a quick search (below), I must say yours really is a nice brickbuilt version of the real thing.

250px-Jabba_the_hutt.jpg

This is awesome!

Really like this a lot, great way to display Jabba. Love the way you've managed to get a lot of figs on here as well, yet it doesn't feel cramped.

And great use of Indys whip for Jabba's pipe :thumbup:

Yep, just like Jabba to have that many crooks, etc., surround him eh ? :grin:

They like to keep close to him ! :laugh:

Great work and may the brick be with you ! :grin:

The stripped down style would make this a much better accompaniment to 2003's 'Jabba's Prize' and 'Jabba's Message' than the official Jabba's Palace was. I really like it. I like how all the figures are packed in and the use of Indy's whip is inspired. :thumbup:

Smokebelch, lightningtiger and Praiter Yed, I really appreciate your comments! I've always been afraid to have a crack at a Jabba's Palace MOC, because all the ones in existence are so huge. But once I came across a smaller vig-type one on Brickshelf, I thought "something like that could be just as cool!" and had a go. Thanks also for your compliments on my choice of using Indy's whip as Jabba's pipe! Yay.

Hello!

You shrinked down the official set to a nice compact display. It has everything it needs. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

A very cool way to display some of the best Star Wars figures without getting lost in to much vignette.