Just started LDD and was greeted by a 185mb download for a new patch. I have no idea yet what is included, but it looks like we get something new to play with.

Hopefully it addresses some of the crashing issues in Mac - and also brings back "outlines on bricks", which disappeared with the most recent OSX update...

EDIT: Nope, "outlines on bricks" is still disabled... :cry_sad:

There are a bunch of new heads/coverings, including all the Galaxy Squad robot heads, Galaxy Squad "Buggoid" head (but not the Mosquitoid), and (I think) all of the Chima animal "helmets". Looks like a lot of new CMF hair pieces (s9 "Forest Maiden" braids, s7 "Hippie" hair, s9 "Judge" wig) and a bunch of the beard/hair combos from the new Hobbit sets, as well as a bunch of new shoulder/hip accessories, including the Galaxy Patrol armor, Chima armor, Bagpiper kilt, Fairy skirt, Actor "neck ruffle"... Cool stuff.

The 3x3 plate was added back as well.

Edited by vynsane

So.... I have "outlines on bricks" back. The option only became un-grayed when I also selected "High-quality rendering of bricks in Brick Palette" (which I've always had off, since it seemed unnecessary). Seems like a really odd coupling.

Some stats I got:

200+ new bricks

75 brick bug fixes

600+ new decorations.

Even though no new features, it was a healthy dose of bricks. :thumbup:

About all those decorations, I'm not sure how many are actually mapped in the GUI and/or have decorations surfaces that they can stick to. Let's see what Aanchir says. :classic:

So.... I have "outlines on bricks" back. The option only became un-grayed when I also selected "High-quality rendering of bricks in Brick Palette" (which I've always had off, since it seemed unnecessary). Seems like a really odd coupling.

From what I remember, bricks outlining ever worked with advanced graphics only, but the need of hight quality rendering for the brick palette is a bit odd, I agree.

Some stats I got:

200+ new bricks

75 brick bug fixes

600+ new decorations.

Even though no new features, it was a healthy dose of bricks. :thumbup:

About all those decorations, I'm not sure how many are actually mapped in the GUI and/or have decorations surfaces that they can stick to. Let's see what Aanchir says. :classic:

Still figuring that out myself... I've spent about the last three hours putting decorations on parts. I've generated 62 new decorated legs assemblies, with only a couple decorations missing from any of them.

I know this will make people perhaps a little impatient with me (it might be a while till I have everything mapped), but I'm going to go ahead and spill the beans — besides a few omissions, this update includes ALL DECORATIONS for Minifigures Series 1-8. So I've got my work cut out for me. Now, the negative side of this is that I have not yet been able to confirm that every one of those decorations has the necessary decoration surfaces. So, for instance, minifigure arms, certain accessories like surfboards, and certain hair pieces may or may not have their decoration surfaces programmed in. But once I have more to share I'll be sure to post updates here.

I found a new bug. It's with the axle connector part.

url

You are now able to slide the whole piece onto one axle, which is not possible in real life. It's a pain for the MOC I'm designing. Who likes the F150?

From what I remember, bricks outlining ever worked with advanced graphics only, but the need of hight quality rendering for the brick palette is a bit odd, I agree.

Brick outlines, as well as the high quality rendering, is done with Pixel Shaders (with outlines requiring PS3 IIRC). Presumably there wasn't much point in writing "low quality" rendering versions of the outline shaders, given that any graphics card which supports them is more than capable of rendering in high quality without issue.

Downloading now, looking forward to seeing what all the new bricks are. :classic:

I found a new bug. It's with the axle connector part.

url

You are now able to slide the whole piece onto one axle, which is not possible in real life. It's a pain for the MOC I'm designing. Who likes the F150?

Yepp, that's bad! I think it came because they opened up for a 3.2 mm lightsaber blade to slide through (which was a bug before), but now also an x-axle can slide through.

(For the rest of you - it's 59443 that we're talking about).

The update includes Brain attack wave 1 pieces. However, there is some bug:

1. The visor cannot be lowered fully on Bulk's, Breeze's and Rocka's helmet, only on Furno's helmet

2. The Brain attack chest armor cannot be attached to the torsos, like the previus two ( 2.0 and Breakout chest armor)

3. The visor can be dual colored (the bottom, wich covers the face and the top, wich is connected to the head). But the print, seen on Furno's visor, cannot be made with coloring and there is no option for it, in the decoration tool.

4. The new flame/ligthning blade also cannot be dual colored. And no option for it in the decoration tool

1 and 2 makes me mad a lot, because I want to give my selfmoc Hero a Brain attack Rocka helmet, but I cant, due to that bug (the visor stuck on the antenna, on the rigth side of the helmet. On Breeze's and Bulk's helmet, I have NO idea whats keeping them from being fully lowered.)

I hope these gets fixed pretty soon, mainly 1 and 2 .

The update includes Brain attack wave 1 pieces. However, there is some bug:

1. The visor cannot be lowered fully on Bulk's, Breeze's and Rocka's helmet, only on Furno's helmet

2. The Brain attack chest armor cannot be attached to the torsos, like the previus two ( 2.0 and Breakout chest armor)

3. The visor can be dual colored (the bottom, wich covers the face and the top, wich is connected to the head). But the print, seen on Furno's visor, cannot be made with coloring and there is no option for it, in the decoration tool.

4. The new flame/ligthning blade also cannot be dual colored. And no option for it in the decoration tool

1 and 2 makes me mad a lot, because I want to give my selfmoc Hero a Brain attack Rocka helmet, but I cant, due to that bug (the visor stuck on the antenna, on the rigth side of the helmet. On Breeze's and Bulk's helmet, I have NO idea whats keeping them from being fully lowered.)

I hope these gets fixed pretty soon, mainly 1 and 2 .

Can you post the faulty part-numbers too please.

Can you post the faulty part-numbers too please.

Rocka's Brain attack helmet: 11276

Brain attack chest armor: 11271

Breeze' Brain attack helmet: 11281

Bulk's Brain attack helmet: 11279

Their visors: 11269

These numbers are from brickset.com, from the three set piece lists.

The Mac OS X "outlines on bricks" works fine for me! this one is a life saver! awesome! I hope 10.8.3 doesn't break it again :look:

OK, update regarding decoration surfaces: Minifigure arms do have decoration surfaces; however, they are not aligned correctly for the arm decorations in the latest update to look correct. For example, trying to put the Minifigures Series 2 Mime's arm decorations on results in one wrapping around the elbow and the other wrapping around the wrist. Swapping the two decorations yields no improvement (the arm decorations in LDD, oddly enough, seem to be identical for the right and left arms, rather than mirror images of each other).

Look up 11164 (in Extended) and tell me what the hell you think that's for. Galaxy Squad?

Anyway, most new pieces seem to be in the 111-119-range.

Look up 11164 (in Extended) and tell me what the hell you think that's for. Galaxy Squad?

Anyway, most new pieces seem to be in the 111-119-range.

Thats the Brain piece from the Hero Factory Brain Attack line

Edit has Ultrabuild Captian America's Shield been added. I've looked through but have not found it.

Also the Breakout knee armor still hasn't been added even though a lot of sets use it.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=98592

Edited by Takanuinuva

I noticed spongebob and squidward, no faces on or for them. Any help or lost cause?

nice new parts... some I did not even know ( 3 x 3 plate e.g.)

I noticed that when a brick isn't placed correctly, LDD doesn't remove it anymore, but place it above the model.

Not sure anymore 'cause another brick was removed.

Edited by Stephan

And here is attached for your viewing pleasure a LXF with all the new bricks.

Also, below a list I got from the LDD Team with all the brick bugs fixed. I think you'll notice that many of them are the ones you guys posted here in the forum :classic:

2350, 2423, 2435, 2626, 2855, 2856, 3665, 3814, 3960, 3960, 4081, 4081, 4489, 6118, 6260, 10113, 10172, 10172, 10172, 10829, 11101, 11113, 11438, 11438, 12618, 12897, 30091, 30139, 30208, 30214, 30338, 30339, 30361, 30385, 32173, 33175, 44358, 44358, 44359, 44359, 44359, 54821, 59228, 59443, 60169, 62701, 64275, 64644, 74698, 74698, 75937, 86500, 87688, 87689, 87690, 87691, 87794, 87841, 88517, 90397, 90540, 92220, 92338, 92690, 92709, 95322, 95323, 95829, 95831, 95832, 96910, 98127, 98127, 98565, 98590, 99008

(thanks to Martin and Paw for this :thumbup:)

NewIn1007.lxf