Sign in to follow this  
Bonaparte

Server Moved (to new datacenter)

Hello everyone,

Our server was just moved to a new datacenter which was the reason of the downtime. I was planning to post the following message, but due to an overload of work I totally forgot. My apologies!

Dear members,

Our provider announced that our server will shortly be relocated to another data center. The relocation will occur from 25 November, 19:00 h until 26 November, 07:00 h (CET). During this time Eurobricks might not be available for an extended period of time.

- The EB staff.

Ooh well, I'm used to websites not working now:) at least it won't happen anymore (if the problems are solved now)

Somehow Flickr was also down at the same time. Strange...

Edited by THERIZE

Well, its back up and running. So no worries.

Thou its a good reminder with some downtime now and then to also build instead of sitting all day browsing EB.

Glad to have my favorite site back in good condition. :thumbup:

Edited by KlodsBrik

Ooh well, I'm used to websites not working now:) at least it won't happen anymore (if the problems are solved now)

Somehow Flickr was also down at the same time. Strange...

It's a bit unfortunate this server move was done shortly after the other server issue we recently experienced, but it's totally unrelated and we couldn't control the timing of this move.

But now all that should be behind us and EB will again be up and running all the time.

Ahh, so that's what happened. I tried to look on the Eurobricks Twitter/Facebook/Flickr group for information, but there was nothing there (heck, the Twitter hadn't been used since 2013 from the looks of it, and the Flickr group wasn't much better).

"Now you see me, now you don't

First you do, and then you won't

Watch me vanish right before your eyes.

Now you see me, now you don't."

- Lee Ann Womack

I too was quite concerned! No EuroBricks, no EB Flickr, i was having flashbacks to Nxtasy all over again! I am just glad Eurobricks is back!

Thanks to those in charge for all you do!

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Whew! I got really concerned there, thought EB was down for the count. Glad to see that's not the case. :classic:

Edited by BrickJagger

I used to be in IT and stuff like this happens from time to time. It's business as usual (BAU). If it was down for a week then it'll be really hard. :classic: