WhiteFang

Category Mega A Entries - Eurobricks Mega Building LEGO CMFs Contest

Eurobricks Mega Building LEGO CMFs Contest 2016

[Category Mega A Entries]

gallery_2351_109_323701.jpg

Category Mega A - Build an 8x8 Vignette

Build an 8x8 vignette from any theme where you could display any of the 16 Collectable Minifigures from Series 15. It can be Town, Medieval, Wild West, Fantasy or even Space. As long you are able to relate the chosen theme and selected minifigure to your audience, then you are on the right track.

Category Mega A - The Rules

1. Build a vignette that measures 8 studs by 8 studs. (No height limit.).
  2. A reasonable overhang is allowed to accommodate tree limbs or minifigures accessories, but may not exceed more than 2 studs outside the base.
  3. You may use the same type of minifigure in both categories.
  4. This is a building contest. Be creative. Any themes are allowed as long you are able to relate the vignette for the minifigure which you are building for.
  5. IMPORTANT RULE FOR CATEGORY Mega A - No Series 15 minifigures are required for Category Mega A. You don't need to own the figure to create a home for it, and it will not improve your chances if you do. You may not include the official minifigure or it's new accessories/parts from Series 15 in your official entry pictures. You may use older accessories, but not new ones from Series 15 like the Shark Suit Guy's suit, Laser Mech's wings, Ballerina's skirt, Janitor's mop, Farmer's pig, etc, for example. Please note Series 1 to 14 minifigures including LEGO Movie, Simpsons Series 1 and 2, LEGO Team GB and parts are allow in this category.
  6. No clone brands or custom parts including decals, stickers, cut outs unless it's official TLG stickers.
  7. Custom parts includes BricksArms, BrickForge, Brick Warriors, etc.
  8. There is no parts limit as long as it all fits within the vignette.
  9. Category Mega A Entries are to be posted in this topic.
  10. One entry per person. An entry must include a picture (no larger than 800x600). Include the official name of that minifigure and the theme that you have done. Other minifigures may appear in the pictures. You may include up to 3 more images following the same rules. If you choose to take additional pictures, you may link to an outside gallery.
  11. Digital backgrounds are not allowed.
  12. No LDD entries.
  13. Upload your images onto those dedicated image hosting websites such as Brickshelf, Flickr, etc. Do not use Eurobricks attachment to upload your images.
  14. Entry images must be taken in a clean and decent background with enough brightness to show the beauty of your entry. If is blurred or dark, it will be considered for disqualification.
  15. The contest begins now and will end on the 10th of March, 2016 at 1200hrs (GMT+8). Voting will begin immediately after that and will last for seven days.
  16. In the event of a tie, the Staff will vote to decide the winner(s) and all Staff decisions are final.
  17. Any violation of the rules will be subject to disqualification.

The Voting!

At the end of the entry period, a posting topic will appear listing the eligible entries for the above categories. Members who joined prior to the start of the contest will then be able to post how they wish to use their 3 points to vote for the entries they like best. A single entry may receive all 3 points, or the points may be divided between 2 or 3 entries, however the voter wishes. Detailed voting rules will be announced at the start of the voting. Members who join after the start of the competition may choose to enter but may not vote. This is to stop vote rigging.

It's just that simple!

Please use this thread for any further discussions or questions pertaining to this contest and most of all ...

Have fun!

Eurobricks Special LEGO Themes

WhiteFang

Here's a museum vignette for the Jewel Thief.

24255334803_9478f157bf_c.jpg

Of course, the thief would be hanging from the rope, about to bust into the display case... :pir-grin:

Here's a version with Black Widow as a placeholder, as I don't actually have the Jewel Thief yet, though she looks great.

EDIT: I retook the photos with better lighting.

Edited by mediumsnowman

This is my vignette for the "Clumsy Guy" Minifigure from the Town theme.

24845272465_cec0eaa42a_z.jpgDangerous Banana by Actor Builder, on Flickr

It is a dangerous slippery banana.

You can see what happens when the Clumsy Guy enters the vignette, and encounters the banana by clicking this link:

Ah!

Thanks!

Zombies - we've all mowed down a horde or two at some point in our lives, but how many of us have actually cleaned up afterwards? This vignette celebrates the unsung hero of the zombie massacre: The Janitor!

(The mess itself is inspired by the infamous lawnmower scene from the Peter Jackson classic

)

24674403800_b3c8e72ce7_c.jpg

Zombie Massacre Janitor by MagPiesRUs, on Flickr

Click here to see the janitor minifigure in action!

This Wolf was at the wrong time at the wrong place. That's the sad result when you meet the Bear aka. The Frightening Knight

24883228602_a14787ab8b_z.jpg

Bear vs. Wolf

Edited by Petric_G

I was a little bit disappointed on the day I went to 'The Palace' to receive my knighthood.

The Queen had a cold but the ceremony went ahead without her.

It just wasn't the same being dubbed by a 'thing'.

But still, I now get called, 'Sir Russell'.

img_3754.jpg

My entry:

"The Tower" for the Frightening Knight

Tower800x395_zpsbu0xjj2a.png

I think the overhanging is ok, but if it is not please tell me to correct it.

Thanks for the contest

Here's my entry for the Eurobricks Mega Building LEGO CMFs Contest in Category A.

It's called "Open Airlock 1" and it is a habitat for the astronaut minifigure. It's the airlock of a space station floating in space. The minifigure is holding on to the handles of the airlock, waiting for acces to the space station.

As with most of my creations it is completely built with pieces available in the PAB-wall in the LEGO Store at that time.*

24967270352_44d07dce49_b.jpg

24789822390_f9c8a8e750_b.jpg

24458570433_61683e53f5_b.jpg

More pictures here (including the position of the minifig):

FLICKR ALBUM

*note: I do have a SNOT-built base for this (8x8) and I don't know the regulations on that. If it needs to be shortened, I can do that. I hope I don't get disqualified, it's my first time entering a contest.

Edited by Paul Lanski