nymmerod

[MOC] Bag End interior (WIP)

Hi guys. I just thought I'd share my humble project with you all. I have been working on building the entire interior of Bag End based on the floorplan from the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings films. I'm not a great photographer and only have the camera attached to my phone so please bear with my lower quality photos.

View down the west hall:

14315401735_3e0d92a855_o.jpg

The kitchen:

14314783824_f127d8ac79_o.jpg

The entrance hall:

14312062111_ddb4e3f172_o.jpg

The parlour:

14128873507_1193f688da_o.jpg

The kitchen:

14312062771_311b3df7ca_o.jpg

The parlour:

14313564282_39ea8da5f0_o.jpg

The kitchen:

14128747079_dc1fc730de_o.jpg

The parlour:

14312106151_07ca443606_o.jpg

The parlour:

14335592293_d6626f8eb7_o.jpg

I am still waiting on some bricklink orders to finish the study, pantry, dining room and bedroom. The ultimate goal is to build the exterior hill once the interior is complete, though I don't know if I'll have the bricks for it.

UPDATE:

I finally found some time to devote to this again. Here's a little more:

The dining room feast:

14215916318_a55b5e7993_o.jpg

The dining room from the other side:

14216097847_f7d3769602_o.jpg

The pantry:

14402543705_794aecc367_o.jpg

View down the hall:

14399177341_4c9fa3078d_o.jpg

The floor plan as requested:

14215915478_25e2648931_o.jpg

As you can see, I still have work to do on the left side of the house. I'm waiting on more wall bricks and floor tiles to finish the study (where we see Bilbo's desk and he writes in the Redbook of Westmarch), the bedroom (Briefly seen during the part when the dwarves sing the Misty Mountains song) and the hallway leading to the rear exit which is not seen on film. I haven't even begun planning the roof and exterior and I'm not sure if my wallet can handle that anytime soon.

Update II:

My mailman stole $60 of bricks from me so I've put this project on a back-burner for a while. But I did finish these two rooms...

Bilbo's bedroom seen very briefly in AUJ:

15230357576_9e3b76112a_o.jpg

Bilbo's study:

15250264481_ea1a6e8ea5_o.jpg

Edited by nymmerod

This is great, but one or two places look like the need a few more wardrobes/bookcases/chests and general clutter. It was a very messy house.

Hee, hee I know exactly what's meant to be going on in pic.8 but it does look slightly weird....

This is a ver ambitious project, and looks great so far! I he to ask though, what happening in picture 8? :laugh:

This is what's happening in the picture.

Very cool, do you think you'll give it an exterior afterwards (the moc permitting?)

This is very neat. If you really wanted to be movie accurate, you should make the ceiling a bit lower so Gandalf will have to stoop a bit. The chandelier is also missing (it is a very important part of the movies!) and you should really include the pantry if you have the bricks for it. Other than a few other small additions, it looks great. Can't wait until we can see the entire layout!

Great stuff, I'm sure this will be awesome when its done. The layout seems very nice, and has a nice "tunnel" feel to it. The rooms are a little sparse (I'm sure you're still working on that) but otherwise I see some great potential here. I look forward to seeing this done!

I've got a Bags End I've been working on for a while now, but you have done a much better job it seems keeping to the floor plan.

Thanks for the kind words gents! My primary focus now is to get the floor plan down, then I will turn a little more to the furnishings and clutter. The film floor plan is rounded to the hill and I had to square mine off because I decided I didn't have the patience to try to make the curved hallways work.

P.S. I will grab an aerial photo of the whole layout sometime for those who wanted to see. The other half of is quite unfinished at the moment.

P.P.S. Sorry about the inadvertently adult nature of photo 8. It was indeed meant to be the scene posted by kreimkoek.

P.P.P.S. Master_Data: I do have a couple of chandeliers in the works but haven't quite ironed out how I will do the roof. Also I scaled the whole thing based on the size of Lego's green door which is a little bigger than it really should be compared to the minifigures.

Great start, all those circles and curves make this a tricky build. I too would like to see an overview shot and look forward to seeing how this progresses

I have added some pics on the first post. and I will just add that bag end sure gets dusty when I leave it up for a couple of weeks. Anyone have a good method for dusting a MOC without dismantling anything?

I have added some pics on the first post. and I will just add that bag end sure gets dusty when I leave it up for a couple of weeks. Anyone have a good method for dusting a MOC without dismantling anything?

Wow, that is huge! The floorplan looks really good. For dusting what I do is remove any loose pieces and then run the hoover over it with the brush attachment. It is a bit risky but it is the quickest way I have found.

Someday I may be able to finish this little project, but it'll be on hold since my mail carrier stole my last bricklink and I'm not going to order any more until I move somewhere else. In the meantime, check out my little update on the original post.

It looks beautiful! Well done!

My only suggestion is that you take another picture to replace 8#. When I saw the position that Sam and Gandalf were in, with the expressions on Frodo's and Sam's faces...it didn't create quite the image you want it to...Unless you did, but I kind of doubt that...