wendyw

Monster Raving Lego Party

There's a novelty political party in the UK called the Monster Raving Loony Party. A couple of years back I decided to do a take on them for a comic strip including designing this guy who I'm still pretty proud of.

MonsterRavingLegoParty.png

If anyone wants it I've uploaded the decals too. : )

monsterravinglego_zpsd29s0ggc.png

It works with red, orange or blue torsos.

Haha, I did not know that this party exists. It is mentioned in school books in Germany and I thought it was fiction.

Nice torso. Love the tie.

Haha, I did not know that this party exists. It is mentioned in school books in Germany and I thought it was fiction.

Nice torso. Love the tie.

They really exist. At the risk of breaking forum rules by making a political statement, I'd like to point out that in the recent general election they received three times more votes than the utterly loathsome ultra-nationalist BNP. I love the fact that the totally nutty Monster Raving Loony Party did three times better than the BNP. Makes one proud to be British!

There is also the Eccentric Party http://eccentricparty.org/ along a similar line, and many one man (or woman) type single issue parties. They have a fairly sensible policy ... fluorescent dog food so you can see poo in the dark.

There is of course a fictional one in Blackadder III - the "Standing at the Back Dressed Stupidly and Looking Stupid" Party

At the risk of breaking forum rules by making a political statement, I'd like to point out that in the recent general election they received three times more votes than the utterly loathsome ultra-nationalist BNP. I love the fact that the totally nutty Monster Raving Loony Party did three times better than the BNP. Makes one proud to be British!

I like that. I missed that at the time.

I was once mistaken for a member of the MRLP when I came along to watch a political debate. Thinking about it I was wearing pretty much the same outfit as the time someone asked me what I was cosplaying as at a con.

It was probably mostly the purple top hat that did it. It's quite a Loony Party hat.

While it may be interesting to share personal experiences, that may be better done on the PM system, or eventually in the Community section.

Let's try to stay focused on customs here, will we? Thanks everybody.