Is it just me or didn't the forum clock switch to winter/normal time? Looks weird when it says "Your last visit was on ... 10:07 PM" when it's only 9:23 PM ;)

As a summary of this issue;

An old EB server that was shared had the wrong time. Since it was shared we couldn't change the time, and it's easier now to just leave things as they were then.

I think so. If it is, I should be in the same time zone (GMT+1). I just set the clock to GMT in my profile settings and it shows correct now - but it's not my time zone. So I supposed the server hasn't (been) switched back to winter time yet.

No big deal, just irritating ;)

I think there might be some sort of bug, because even after messing with the daylight savings, my board time is still 1 hour ahead. I'm in GMT-5 (US Eastern), and with daylight savings, it's even worse at 2 hours fast. I live in NY, so I'm DEFINITELY Eastern...any idea what's up?

I never noticed this before you brought it up and now it is driving me mad! Thanks Hobbes...

(It's an hour off for me as well...)

God Bless,

Nathan

Whenever someone posts something the time he/she posted it is displayed.

Can someone tell me what time Eurobricks is living by, is it different per country, is it Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)?

For me (holland) it is, for example, always one hour earlier in real life than displayed.

I have mine set to the azores because the correct zone (london/dublin/etc) seems to be off by an hour...

God Bless,

Nathan

Mine (in the USA) is Mountain time, but i'm in the NorthEast *wacko* ...oh well.

I have mine set to the azores because the correct zone (london/dublin/etc) seems to be off by an hour...

Is this anything to do with Daylight savings? I notice my time is an hour out when its Day Light Savings time.

This has been discussed several times before.

The board software reads the time of the server, and it seems that time is off. We can't do anything about that, though.

So, for now you have to fiddle with your user time settings to set it right.

Is this gonna be the oldest topic kick ever? I'm experiencing the same issue as Norro almost 4 years ago, so I was rather surprised that a search only brought up this topic on the time zone issue. I have my timezone set to GMT+1, auto-correct DST is on (I have also tried manually adjusting DST) and the forum clock is one hour ahead of actual time.

Is this gonna be the oldest topic kick ever? I'm experiencing the same issue as Norro almost 4 years ago, so I was rather surprised that a search only brought up this topic on the time zone issue. I have my timezone set to GMT+1, auto-correct DST is on (I have also tried manually adjusting DST) and the forum clock is one hour ahead of actual time.

I have the same problem from time to time. Countries change DST all the time and it's hard to keep up. I just change the setting until the time makes sense; I'm in Tokyo... :tongue:

I have the same problem from time to time. Countries change DST all the time and it's hard to keep up. I just change the setting until the time makes sense; I'm in Tokyo... :tongue:

Thanks for your reminder. I never knew we had the option to adjust the time properly. :blush:

Now, my clock is back to normal by reflecting the posts properly instead of one hour faster, when I am supposed to be in that region. It boils down the correct timing, and not matter what zones/gmt you are in. :sweet:

Thanks for your reminder. I never knew we had the option to adjust the time properly. :blush:

Now, my clock is back to normal by reflecting the posts properly instead of one hour faster, when I am supposed to be in that region. It boils down the correct timing, and not matter what zones/gmt you are in. :sweet:

I don't know if everyone is experiencing the same problem, but isn't it easier to adjust the server time (or is that time correct)?

I don't know if everyone is experiencing the same problem, but isn't it easier to adjust the server time (or is that time correct)?

Actually it's not easier as you're the only one complaining; there's a chance if we change the time it'll be wrong for a lot more. But I will look into it.

If I'm one of the few, I'd happily change my timezone settings. No biggie. But it looks like WhiteFang had a similar issue.

If I'm one of the few, I'd happily change my timezone settings. No biggie. But it looks like WhiteFang had a similar issue.

But that's the thing; if everyone has changed then we'll just be creating more problems! I needed to set mine wrong when I first joined and it's been good ever since. Since we've changed servers several times since and I've only needed to change it when the time changes here it seems to be that changing it at my end is a good solution!

I used to have this problem, but once I began to mess around with the time controls, everything was working. My current time (on here) is set to central time (GMT -6:00), which is the correct time for me. The forum clock is only about five minutes behind my computer clock.

I just have to change my time to Eastern (GMT -5:00) at Daylight Savings Time because I don't think the DST change applies correctly here.

But that's the thing; if everyone has changed then we'll just be creating more problems! I needed to set mine wrong when I first joined and it's been good ever since. Since we've changed servers several times since and I've only needed to change it when the time changes here it seems to be that changing it at my end is a good solution!

True. Agreed!

Daylight savings time is the culprit, I had to manually turn DST off because the forum wanted it on, after that my clock has been spot on.