paostmo

MOC Baby Blue House

indexed.gif B-RM-10E

I am proud to present my new baby blue house MOC. This is the first time I've tried using any SNOT techniques. It took a lot of trial and error to get the borders of the house down. I finally figured it out and now have a new skill under my belt. I bought two of the blue Creator beach house sets to stock up on my blue bricks. I'm really happy with my results. The only thing missing is a furnished interior, which I think is the one thing stopping this MOC from being a truly "great" piece :tongue: ! Anyway, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. :grin:

8246794095_4154d5a01c.jpg

8247860872_46e1868546.jpg

8246792577_61a6d218a8.jpg

8246791477_7ce99d2647.jpg

8246790213_fa1f821fc3.jpg

flickr stream here: http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream

Thanks! I must say, I really like the updates to the Eurobricks website. It has make posting pictures and links much easier in my opinion.

The blue house looks very nice. The colour combination of white, black and medium blue surprised me a bit, but it works well together. I'm guessing the floors cannot be separated because of the SNOTed corners of the house, right? The only thing I'd change is the bluish details above the windows, I think white or black would be better. Nevertheless, it's a nice design. :thumbup:

I'm guessing the floors cannot be separated because of the SNOTed corners of the house, right?

The floors all separate. It's fully modular. I just didn't take a pic of the separate floors since there is nothing inside of them.

Beautiful house! with a beautiful owner in matching clothes! The facade is great! You must have amassed a ton of light blue bricks for this MOC! :thumbup:

Bring your house to life with an interior fit-out!

Edited by streifen

I really like the colour combination and some good design thoughts have gone into it. The only thing I was wondering was what it would look like if you changed the shape of the porch roof over the front door and maybe try just a simple 45 deg slope rather than the compound slopes you have in the pictures.

I like this a lot and thank you for sharing it with us!

I think this is an awesome MOC in my opinion....

My only gripe, is that the lamp post essentially block all access from neighbouring Modulars, to the right. I would either, put it on the left nearer the house (which wouldn't work out at all) or move to the adjacent MOC you have there.....

It's just me OCD kicking in.....

Otherwise LOVE IT!

This modular is gorgeous! The colour combination and trims on the house look great.

I also like how you have done the front porch, with one suggested change: use one or two of the four rows of the front porch to can add another step or two, and make the steps to the front door a little less dangerous for the residents.

The only thing I'd change is the bluish details above the windows, I think white or black would be better.

I tried a few different colors. Ultimately I preferred the blue.

The only thing I was wondering was what it would look like if you changed the shape of the porch roof over the front door and maybe try just a simple 45 deg slope rather than the compound slopes you have in the pictures.

I like the compound slopes, but I am going to tinker with it a little bit. I think the porch roof should be at least one plate taller.

My only gripe, is that the lamp post essentially block all access from neighbouring Modulars, to the right.

The lamppost and the mailbox are basically blocking the sidewalk, but I decided that was ok, because in the grand scheme of things I hope to have a road in front of all my modulars. That ought to provide ample sidewalk space.

Thanks for all of your input! Like I said before, that new Creator beach house is a great way to stock up on those blue bricks!

Oh, it is blue.I am always surprised when I see actual blue buildings. For me it is always a strange combination.

But nevertheless not a bad one. It is really great and especially the porch looks nice.

You say there is no interior but will you make one for this building or not?