Sir Norman Ray

"Protecting the Colours"

The battle raged in the once Green fields of Spain, blood fouling the once peaceful setting. A mixture of British, French and Spanish blood tainted the soil, but yet the gunpowder still charged and bayonets still stabbed. The South Essex, tired and running low on musket rounds, looked into the eyes of a French charge. The fresh troops could only hold the line safe in knowing that the standards, touched by the King himself, were safe behind them. One was missing, the King

That's a nice story Sir Norman!

I enjoyed reading it!

The pictures go quite well with the story, although I think you could spice it up a little by adding a bit more fighting soldiers at the background.

Other than that, I think it's good!

Mr Tiber

Well written story, I might say *y* and the pics go nicely with them though as Mr Tiber said, adding some fighting soldiers in the background or perhaps, a brush or tree might spice it up a little

Edited by Hairy Ruben

EH? Where's the Spanish blood? X-D

A battlefield is a large place :-P Who says the Dons are on this field alone?

Thanks for the comments, yeah, I know its lacking any real fighting, but I think I wanted it to show the British had pulled back a bit, and I really had a set image on my mind, that I forgot all the small details.

When I build my Imperial Camp/Base, I'll try to do better :)

Nice pictures and setup. I hope you make some more battle scenes in the future.

I agree with Hairy :-P that it needs a few tries and flowers.

And maybe some blood (using those round 1x1 transparent red bricks).

A battlefield is a large place :-P Who says the Dons are on this field alone?

Nobody said anything which is why I was asking. :-D

I'll see what I can do scenery wise :)

And I thought people would guess that Spanish Soldiers wouldn't be right next to British, look at Talavera. We gave you a damn fort and you still ran away :-P

Yes, get 10 dozen Imperial Armada mini-figures and plonk there.

The day I buy 120 dons is the day my LEGO redvoats get up and start doing Monty Python :-P

This is a great scene. *y* The flag bearer catching the wounded is a plus.

Thanks for the comments, yeah, I know its lacking any real fighting, but I think I wanted it to show the British had pulled back a bit, and I really had a set image on my mind, that I forgot all the small details.

Maybe you could show a soldier running away at the end of the baseplate.

This is a great scene. *y* The flag bearer catching the wounded is a plus.

Maybe you could show a soldier running away at the end of the baseplate.

Thanks, and good idea :)

It seems as though you put more time into the story than the actual Lego scene :-P

"DAMNIT JIM! I'M A WRITER NOT A SCENE MAKER!"

The day I buy 120 dons is the day my LEGO redvoats get up and start doing Monty Python :-P

Quick! Someone stop motion animate some Imperial Guard mini-figures doing the Knights of Nee routine!

Eh?

Mister Phes, I've got my own work to do! Leave me alone! :[ !!!

:-P

That's a good story you have there, I like it. And a neat diorama (if that's what it is) you have to go with it....or vise versa! Very good.

For no apparent reason I thought this some more. If you want to furthur the effect of a British fallback you could also add some blue soldiers coming in.

For no apparent reason I thought this some more. If you want to furthur the effect of a British fallback you could also add some blue soldiers coming in.

To be honest, all my spare Blue soldiers (enough for ANOTHER army...) are being reserved for my next MOC, "Camp Snobby Essex" using my new castle plate thingy, more redcoats, spare artillery (I have so many guns, its stupid.) and hopefully some ruins if I can find some of my old stuff outside, in the garage. Though, its being England at the moment, and its raining cats, dogs, frogs, sausages and water.