Derfel Cadarn

Avalonia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

Wow. I just had a nap, and in said nap I had a dream. In said dream, someone had put GoH on Cuusso, and it had become an official theme. I was standing around in my local toy store panicing, because I didn't have enough money to buy the set that had my sigfig in it.

Damn, wouldn't GoH make such an awesome castle subtheme?

I can only speak for myself but I am still in love with GoH and Avalonia. (And Evilonia. And Varlyrio.)

Evilonia... what a stupid name!!

Nice to have you back DC.

I am still very interested with GoH.

And there seems to be a general good feeling about it.

New stories and mocs are coming out from everyone.

I guess that is it for me... NEW stories. I can see how much people like to develop stories. I would be very interested in pursuing that.

Challenge V ends in just a few days! Let's rock this thing people.

Oh and if you live in the US, go vote today. (and please no flame war political stuff, just vote if you are eligible!)

Anyone burned out?

I practically just got here! I have barely made a dent in what I want to build...

Wow. I just had a nap, and in said nap I had a dream. In said dream, someone had put GoH on Cuusso, and it had become an official theme. I was standing around in my local toy store panicing, because I didn't have enough money to buy the set that had my sigfig in it.

Damn, wouldn't GoH make such an awesome castle subtheme?

If only your dream was real... :wub_drool: The best thing in it would be that if they would use our sig-figs, they would have to pay us, which we would probably spend on LEGO anyway. :devil_laugh::laugh:

Who said the guilds would end after ch6? Not me. Considering the history MOD and regulator are both active in the guilds, I think it will continue on just fine.

By the way, is it okay if I post an LDD MOC as a freebuild? I just started a large diorama that would be impossible for me to build in real life, and I'm just asking because I haven't seen any LDD MOCs here. If it's not eligible, I'll post it in the History forum as a MOC unrelated to GoH.

By the way, is it okay if I post an LDD MOC as a freebuild? I just started a large diorama that would be impossible for me to build in real life, and I'm just asking because I haven't seen any LDD MOCs here. If it's not eligible, I'll post it in the History forum as a MOC unrelated to GoH.

It won't score your guild any points from what I can understand of GoH rules but if it is relevant to your GoH story, please do post it here in GoH. I usually bypass the History forum so I miss a lot of things there. And DaMaximus has done LDD for his city, I have posted concepts for my projects in LDD before as well, not sure if anyone else has...

Well, it would be the castle of my sig-fig, so I don't know about the guild points. Aren't those given for the challenges, or did I just misread something?

Free builds gain points/darics for their respective guilds. LDD does not seem to be encouraged but neither is it prohibited except for challenges. If it is your sigfigs castle, I would post it here in GoH, who knows maybe the powers that be will look more favorably on LDD after your build... :laugh:

Edited by Mikel Kalores

There have been a few ldd free builds since this whole thing started. Just go through the Index and you'll see!

edit: sorry, posted the same things at the same time

Edited by kabel

Welcome back DC, I almost thought Burress killed Artorius :wink:

How is everyone feeling about GOH? Anyone burned out? I know a lot of you have been here since day one and have built non-stop - that's a feat in itself!

Who said the guilds would end after ch6? Not me. Considering the history MOD and regulator are both active in the guilds, I think it will continue on just fine.

I will keep on building for Mitgardia for sure! But my other passions like western and pirates are really suffering. I can see those minifigs staring at me everyday:"Use me, use me!" So when the official challenges are ended I will have more time for other themes.

I will keep on building for Mitgardia for sure! But my other passions like western and pirates are really suffering. I can see those minifigs staring at me everyday:"Use me, use me!" So when the official challenges are ended I will have more time for other themes.

Ecclesiastes sums up my thoughts perfectly, after the last challenge I will still build for Mitgardia

often but I'll also do some MOCs in other themes. I've been meaning to do some space builds for a while

but with so much going on in GoH and LCC and now CCC I haven't had time.

For me Varlyrio is actually the way to go after the last challenge is over. I mean, yes I'll continue to build in Mitgardia too, but Varlyrio is such a nice place that I might linger there for a while. And finishing of my James Cook Endeavour project is also due, after it having collected dust for more than a year!

wow thsi thread has been alive the past 12 hours, its just like when we first started up!

For me Varlyrio is actually the way to go after the last challenge is over. I mean, yes I'll continue to build in Mitgardia too, but Varlyrio is such a nice place that I might linger there for a while. And finishing of my James Cook Endeavour project is also due, after it having collected dust for more than a year!

You should get your doctor to prescribe a vacation for your sigfig. . . hey, that would make a nice MOC. . . :laugh:

I have so many mocs in my head for Avalonia so I will also continue after CH 6! :classic: And my sigfig will return to Varlyrio for sure! :wink:

How would people feel about some sort of central Avalonian storyline? I think that one of the best things about GoH is how everyone is building on the same level, in the sense that, when the challenge is issued to say, hunt for the elemental crystals, everyone does so, and so it ends up really feeling like all of our charecters are on the same wavelength.

Having a small internal thing running would be awesome. I mean, how alive would Avalonia feel if we had a challenge that brought everyone to say, Benoic, and it included a couple of different sigfigs or other charecters people have created, and so on. Seeing people build mocs using other peoples ideas, even if it's just a charecter that someone else had created would be amazing.

I think having a general storyline is a good idea and that is just what we have been doing for the challenges, this fifth needs the presence of the Eden magicians and some members of the hand of Corruption we just have to add our own style and flavor to complement it to our taste, for example the AAG from Captain Brickbeard are a fabulous group that in my case I am planning to build something for them, they are cool.

On the the other guilds I see the Panthom Legion as another interesting group.

I am sure everyone is developing great stories, that somehow will interact with the whole guild and the world of Historica.

I plan on continuing with GoH be it Avalonia or my lands in Circardia and the new guild Varlyrio.

I finished my Challenge V build today and hope I can get it photographed and posted tomorrow. I was starting to get a bit underwhelmed with the build. It wasn't doing it for me but I was kind of building it in sections as I wanted to be able to move it in pieces.

But when it started to come together, I became more and more pleased with it. now that is done, I am pretty happy with the results and hope you all be too!

I also finished CH 5 tonight. There are things I like, and things I wish I had done differently, but now I can move onto other things. My head is swimming with ideas again... so many so that I never know where to start!

I can see your pont Zach but at the same time I really like following peoples own stories. The connection is Avalonia but under that it´s free to imagine your own story and also to invite other sigfigs into their stories. I plan to use several sigfigs in my coming mocs! :classic:

I can see your pont Zach but at the same time I really like following peoples own stories. The connection is Avalonia but under that it´s free to imagine your own story and also to invite other sigfigs into their stories. I plan to use several sigfigs in my coming mocs! :classic:

On that note, I've wanted to give your sig a speaking role in a Moc for a while, but I have yet to aquire a body for him.