Miller

Haunted house with modular buildings.

I went out and bought the Haunted House the other day from the new LEGO store at Meadow Hall Sheffield.

The Haunted house is part of the Monster Fighters range but is a similar size to the modular buildings so fits in quite well.

What I've seen a lot of posts say is that it doesn't go well with the modular sets because you cannot connect it to the sides of the modular buildings.

So, with the layout I have made I think it fits quite well with the Modular buildings, and I also recommend the Haunted House, It is a little pricy, but was well worth the fun building it and makes a great extra to a lego city.

SAM_0781.jpg

SAM_0782.jpg

SAM_0783.jpg

SAM_0784.jpg

SAM_0785.jpg

SAM_0786.jpg

SAM_0787.jpg

SAM_0788.jpg

SAM_0789.jpg

SAM_0790.jpg

SAM_0792.jpg

SAM_0799.jpg

The little log cabin building is going and I will be putting a little grave yard behind the Haunted house, Then it will be complete in my eyes. :thumbup:

If I were to own and display the Haunted House I would have to put it at the end of a street, perhaps seperated from downtown by a couple normal (Creator) houses. It doesn't look right to put it in the center in my mind (which is most certainly why it doesn't have pins to connect it to anything, it's meant to be desolate). Also, it opens differently from the modulars, right?

If I were to own and display the Haunted House I would have to put it at the end of a street, perhaps seperated from downtown by a couple normal (Creator) houses. It doesn't look right to put it in the center in my mind (which is most certainly why it doesn't have pins to connect it to anything, it's meant to be desolate). Also, it opens differently from the modulars, right?

That could be a nice layout idea but I lack the space so made this layout. My idea is to also remove the police station and have a vacant plot, so on one side of the street is busy with successful businesses and busy homes, and then the other side of the street is run down and abandoned :sweet:

Nice mini layout there. I won't criticize the placement because you have to work with what you got(space). It is a bit mish mash with building placement, but it looks nice. You've got some busy streets(and rooftops). :laugh: Im liking the way you positioned 10211 Grand Emporium.

I also like how Grand Emporium is positioned. It cuts off the sidewalks, but it fits in differently than normal. That gives me an idea to build a more L-shaped corner building to go around a corner like that, with just a small patch of sidewalk in the front. Brilliant! Thanks for the idea!

I'm still not sold on the Haunted House with the other Modulars, but this at least doesn't connect it with the others. This could potentially work, if it wasn't on a different scale to the Modulars. One house as big as the Town Hall. :tongue:

That could be a nice layout idea but I lack the space so made this layout. My idea is to also remove the police station and have a vacant plot, so on one side of the street is busy with successful businesses and busy homes, and then the other side of the street is run down and abandoned :sweet:

Right, it's a space thing. I don't even have a layout yet but I'm planning a large one in our future home (not our present apartment, couldn't swing a cat in here). Maybe you could bill it (think of it) as some type of attraction? Legoville Haunted House and Wax Museum?

Yes, you could put the Haunted House with other MOCs, and by your pictures it looks great. However, since it does look a lot more run-down than the other buildings, it does stand-out. I guess, every town needs a decrepit building though... :laugh:

Nice, but it's kinda weird how there is a abandoned house in the middle of a town :tongue:

Maybe he watched the new version of the film "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" (not as good as the original). I watched it thinking: "What is that old decrepit house doing in the middle of prime real estate in an otherwise normal city?" Maybe it's a similar thing - Charlie Bucket lives there!