green dewback

1x1 round stud piece easily damage ?

When you compare a brand new out of packaging 1x1 trans-colour round stud and a "played" piece from your parts collection, the "played" piece have tiny micro-fractures on the sides where it cup onto the stud.

For the "new" piece after building and removing it 1-2 times, the micro-fractures appear and the piece does feel to have less gripping power.

Anybody else notice this too on your trans-colour 1x1 round studs ?

The micro-fractures are not visible on other opaque colours but the gripping power does get affected too.

Edited by green dewback

In my experience no. And I have a vast collection of trans 1x1 round studs as it was a readily available PAB option when I first started collection and I've built a LOT of silly things with them. :classic:

Yes, I notice the same thing on these. It only happens with the transparent colored ones (which are made of polycarbonate). However, it doesn't affect their gripping strength as far as I can see. These pieces have always been like this.

Hah! I have THOUSANS litterally THOUSANDS of 1x1 round studs with fractures in them! :tongue: However, they seem to hold on perfectly fine . . . . :grin:

I also have many of them. The fractures are in some but most of them grip just fine.

I havn't noticed anything with that particular piece, although it does make sense for them to start fracturing after a while. The only bricks I've ever noticed cracking were couple of 1 X 1 headlight bricks, mainly the thin bar at the back of them.

I'm almost positive that I have some cracked ones, though I haven't checked. I do have MANY 1x1 round transparent plates, so, again, there must be some.

Ricecracker talks about 1x1 round plates, and I have the impression that others talk about 1x1 round bricks.

Could the OP (original poster) confirm that we are talking about bricks, not plates ?

I'm pretty sure this is referring to the round plates. Those are far more prone to developing cracks than the bricks.

I actually like this in my trans-clear studs, as it gives them a frosty look, which is good for lanterns and bubbles, as well as adding some variety.

However, it doesn't affect their gripping strength as far as I can see. These pieces have always been like this.

Unless the side cracks off, as has happened to me. It seems to happen mostly in trans-green... :hmpf_bad:

this doesnt happen to my 1x1 round plates, but it happens to my cheese slopes and all of my plates. some of my bricks with technic holes have cracks too. all my minifigs have cracks where the torso fits onto the legs :hmpf_bad::angry::hmpf:

EDIT: if we're talking about 1x1 round bricks, mine are really loose (no gripping power at all, but i dont see cracks)

Edited by prateek

While we are talking about gripping, all of my really old inherited LEGO from the 60s has lost all of its gripping power whatsoever.

While we are talking about gripping, all of my really old inherited LEGO from the 60s has lost all of its gripping power whatsoever.

All my uncle's Lego's from the 70's I think are the complete opposite from what you just said. Sometimes when you put the pieces together, you have an extremely hard time getting them apart.

LegoKing

All my uncle's Lego's from the 70's I think are the complete opposite from what you just said. Sometimes when you put the pieces together, you have an extremely hard time getting them apart.

LegoKing

Probably because they used different plastic then.