nine09nueve

Cleansing Monks of the Avenging Flame

Just a small unit of bald battle monks for a human faction to be completed sometime in the future (after the greenskins obviously) posted here because I don't believe 3 minis makes an army (sorry!) - who said I'm only about the LegoIDEAS? :D

Weapons as ever by BrickWarriors - apart from the hammer I modded to make it look "better" :P *duck*

25837790182_80546997c1_c.jpg

25658014010_0ba589522a_c.jpg

25958594105_11c34df2d6_c.jpg

25958594595_d49063b029_c.jpg

Gotta love them bald battled-scarred berserk boys in billowing bloomers bludgeoning baddies with big blunt-force bashers! :D

Edited by nine09nueve

hahaha damn those look bad-megablocks

Meg@Block$? How dare you sir - I only use pure Lego / BrickWarriors elements or my own custom fabrics / stickers!

Grrrr

And that's where the EBcorrect came in! :tongue:

They indeed look bad-'rear-end'! :laugh:

Meg@Block$? How dare you sir - I only use pure Lego / BrickWarriors elements or my own custom fabrics / stickers!

Grrrr

Hahaha! :laugh: Eurobricks auto-corrects all naughty words into Megablocks, so he was actually complementing you!

These guys look really cool by the way.

And that's where the EBcorrect came in! :tongue:

They indeed look bad-'rear-end'! :laugh:

Hahaha! :laugh: Eurobricks auto-corrects all naughty words into Megablocks, so he was actually complementing you!

Eurobricks auto-correct FTW! Megablocks = @$$... brilliant! *roflmao*

That look very cool!

These guys look really cool by the way.

Thank you! :D

I enjoy that one of them is reading the Red Book of Westmarch for inspiration.

You say "reading" I say "using it as a shield until the double flail gets stuck in the armour of a poor unfortunate where it will then be brandished as a particularly vicious club!" :D

Very cool! I get the impression these guys are nihilistic zealots who will stop at nothing.

I'm tempted to suggest that all three should have the same flame logo chest piece and dark red sleeves. But given that almost none of the minifigures in my display collection are duplicates, I really can't question variety.

They look good! I think the custom pieces make them look a little less like Lego but they still look good!

The best part is I can just say Megablocks and no one will ever know! (I'm actually writing Megablocks mods :tongue: )

I'm tempted to suggest that all three should have the same flame logo chest piece...

*doh* that's a great spot - can't believe I haven't changed that one over! yeah they should all have the flame chest piece...

As a (rarer) unit of individuals, I'm happy that they're slightly less uniform in general... but normally you can tell what squad my troops are from a mile off normally - It helps when gaming that way! :D

*edit - heh I just re-checked the piece... look VERY closely... the chest piece DOES have a flame logo... angle and post photo exposure/colour editing has slightly made it look red only

The best part is I can just say Megablocks and no one will ever know! (I'm actually writing Megablocks mods :tongue: )

I'm now re-reading AmperZand's profile sig in a totally different way!!

Me: "Peter... Lois only gets you WHAT?!!"

Edited by nine09nueve

Gotta love them bald battled-scarred berserk boys in billowing bloomers bludgeoning baddies with big blunt-force bashers! :D

Oh wow.

Otherwise, nice figs!

Loving your work sir, keep it up, maybe brick build some kind of mount for them though :laugh:

I should probably post my heavily Warhammer based Lizardmen faction around here soon. Although I'm the type who wants to make a base with some terrain for my figs first and I haven't had time to cook something up for my Lizards yet.

Edit* the only change I'd make to them is remove the trans-fire emblem piece on the chest armor, I think the flame patterns on the robes and armor are obvious enough and it'd make them look better (purely IMO).

Edited by Isundir

I'm now re-reading AmperZand's profile sig in a totally different way!!

Me: "Peter... Lois only gets you WHAT?!!"

LOL! :laugh:

EB auto-corrects to "megablocks" (sic) whereas the quote from Family Guy is an actual mention of the Mattel-owned brand Mega Bloks. They're not spelt the same way.

Sorry for the digression.

Loving your work sir, keep it up, maybe brick build some kind of mount for them though :laugh:

*blush* Never considered myself to have "work" as such... but thank you none the less - much appreciated! What kind of mount did you have in mind? (I'm sure i've got a Griffin lying about somewhere...)

I should probably post my heavily Warhammer based Lizardmen faction around here soon. Although I'm the type who wants to make a base with some terrain for my figs first and I haven't had time to cook something up for my Lizards yet.

Yes yes yes! Please post pictures to your army immediately!! I would love to see them... Did you ever see my BattleTrays post a while back? Or are you thinking of a static base - rather than using something to "play" with?

Much love

D