Derfel Cadarn

Wild Things & A New Medieval Building guide

Hi all

I have not been very active here for a while but that does not mean I have not been building! Lego has now pretty much become my job after setting up my own business and getting myself involved in as many projects as possible. The castle theme is still a big part of that and I am currently working on a book which will be featuring tons of different mocs never seen before as well as every tip, technique and guides that I hope will help and inspire anyone who loves and builds in this theme. I have also started a new advanced guide in Bricks Magazine and over the next 12 issues I will be showing and revealing how to build all those crazy angles, roof techniques, realistic stone work and everything you need to know to build a scene that really looks alive alive.

For an example of where I am, here is my latest creation and this is the sort of thing I will be explaining how to build in the magazine.

23858568380_0fdf9b14a7_c.jpg

Lots more info and pictures in the Magazine...

24145591291_c36f96811c_z.jpg24120100182_6a1de806fa_z.jpg

For those interested here is the link for Bricks Magazine http://republic66media.com/

For all regular updates on everything I have coming out including my custom sets, please check my Facebook page https://www.facebook...23164767891806/

Many thanks

DC

Good luck on your endeavours! Always nice to learn from the best!

Good luck on your endeavours! Always nice to learn from the best!

Looking forward to finding out how to do some of those things!

Is there a difference between the book and articles or will the book basically be all the articles combined?

Couple book questions:

Are you planning on a physical or ebook?

Potential release date?

I'd definitely buy the book when it comes out!

Looking forward to finding out how to do some of those things!

Is there a difference between the book and articles or will the book basically be all the articles combined?

The book will be much more in-depth when it comes to guides, the magazine articles are more of a watered down version but still full of helpful info :)

Couple book questions:

Are you planning on a physical or ebook?

Potential release date?

I'd definitely buy the book when it comes out!

The book will be a physical release, not sure weather they will do an ebook version as well, thats for the publisher to decide. The release date was supposed to be later this year but is now looking more like an early 2017 release.

Your builds are always a huge inspiration for me.

I thought the 2011 stuff was just the peak of Lego Castle MOC's but then you kept evolving and evolving and this witches hut is flawless once again. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to see more of your builds.

Dear Derfel Cadarn,

Your LEGO MOC talent build always inspire me to learn from you have my own masterpiece of LEGO. I would like to purchase the said brick magazine however you mentioned 'the next 12 issues' is start from which issue?

Beside that I wish promote and spread this good news in my Facebook LEGO castle group.

Thanks

Stanley

Derfel Cadarn, I'm grateful for the opportunity to thank you "in person," if you will...your guide to building a medieval village was key to me coming out of my "dark ages" and trying my hand at MOCing with my kids. This creation is as incredible as any I've seen. Best of luck in all your endeavors - I'll be following you in hopes of learning more from the master!

Thanks again,

Lind

Derek Cadarn I'm looking forward to reading your new guide. I very much enjoyed the last one on EuroBricks. I really want to try my hand at making such castle builds but in my case I lack the money to purchase bulk parts :sad:

Saw the MOC already a few days ago on Flickr, but I am still amazed every time I look at it. Absolutely breathtaking!

Looking forward to that book as well!

Really looking forward to your book! Hope it will really contain

every tip, technique and guides

could be a masterpiece!

Any idea when it might be ready - like this year maybe :)

Keep up the good work!

Edited by Andrzej777

Oh gods - Is this real?

Your first guide was the thing that made me join EB...

Your creations are so realistic, that a lot of times you can't even tell its made of legos, till you look really closely, best of luck in your endeavours !

Attempted the bridge from your other thread. Missing a few pieces but it's all i had.

post-154426-0-93337200-1456849400_thumb.jpg

Edited by GunwitchUK

Consider me your newest instafan! Will follow Bricks Magazine and buy your book when out.

I am thinking about buying the mags digitally.

Could anyone tell me how big and detailed derfels articles are? I mean, is it like two pages, or ten pages.?

On brickset there a double page displayed...

I bought issues 8 and 9 digitally recently.

The articles are very well written and I already learned a few things. So far the articles were 6 pages long.

I’m not sure if I’d recommend buying digitally for now though.

You get a link to webpage where you can read the magazine (takes about a week to get the link). There is no option to download so this means you can’t read anything if you’re not online. In my confirmation mail they said they were working on an app for iOS and Android so maybe that’s an option there.

I wrote an email to ask about these thing but I guess it will take a week for them to reply.

Edited by Puvel

I bought issues 8 and 9 digitally recently.

The articles are very well written and I already learned a few things. So far the articles were 6 pages long.

I’m not sure if I’d recommend buying digitally for now though.

You get a link to webpage where you can read the magazine (takes about a week to get the link). There is no option to download so this means you can’t read anything if you’re not online. In my confirmation mail they said they were working on an app for iOS and Android so maybe that’s an option there.

I wrote an email to ask about these thing but I guess it will take a week for them to reply.

THanks for the info!

I guess I will have to wait until derfels book releases.