Renegade Clone

[MOC] RZ-1 A-wing interceptor

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hi everyone, thought I'd share the latest addition to my fleet! I've tried to design it so that it can be easily enough made with different colour schemes etc. I'm happy to say it's very swooshable and sturdy :laugh:

8493874462_d7d714f3b2_c.jpg

Looks good, you got the nose more accurate than the official set and having no flick-fires makes it look better too.

Beautiful work...I'm starting to discover a love for the lego star wars range and your build is inspiring me to try some myself :grin:

Thanks for the comments guys! :classic:

I've already added some improvements - opening canopy, more detailing on the underside.

My starfighter squadron keeps expanding!

8492770467_b75baa2550_b.jpg

That last pic! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

And those Y-Wings!

I wonder, comparing the 'real' Y-Wing, what scale would be closer to being correct for minifigures, the one you have there, or the UCS version? I just can't seem to make my mind up just by looking at pictures of the 'real' Y-Wing...

That A-Wing just looks damned awesome, I really do love the way you have made it different to TLGs version yet it looks sooo close to the real one!

Also liking the way the front has been done successfully! :thumbup:

Edited by Fuppylodders

Great job (again)!

If it weren't for the Star Wing and Missile Boat in my build queue, I might try my hand on this one. I have the new official A-Wing, but it doesn't quite do it to be honest (especially when showcased next to the B-Wing :sceptic:). What I like about this version is that it seems to use similar parts to the current official set, which means less parts to order.

I was really disappointed in the official A-wing, yours is so much better (and doesn't need stickers :classic: )

I love the Y-wings, you've even managed to get the astromechs facing the right way. I also like the use of the classic space cockpit canopy on the X-wing, it looks so much better than the one Lego uses and I've often wondered why lego doesn't use that one (ok it's still not perfect but without making a new piece I think this is the closest).

Wow, the new thrusters are awesome, you really nailed it. Looking at there pics I don't want to get the 75003 anymore... :wub: Great job with the X-wing as well, the cockpit that Lego uses in official sets is very inaccurate.

This is a beautiful build! What did you use to invert the 12x3 wedges for the bottom? I've got some of the old finger style hinges I was going to try for the same effect but I've been working on my Stealth X squadron, and my A Wings are on the back burner.

Great one! A slap in TLCs face, as it's much better than 75003!

Finally got some decent weather and good sunlight to get some outdoor edited photos of my three A-wings (I've also got another forth dark red one with an exposed engine turbine etc).

13095418335_abb64a1728_c.jpg

13095930433_5a33a8a79b_c.jpg

13096107304_7fbb60d2b0_c.jpg

Wow. I just stumbled upon your A-wing. I love the new ones on the forum, that are closer to the movie version in shape, but THIS. This shape although not that movie accurate (Still light years better than the TLG versions) catches my eyes more.

I love this Lego version! The angle of the latest pictures is also great.

Do you have a LDD file for this? I Would love to brickbuild this

Cheers

This is definitely a great version of the A-Wing. Jerac's version is more accurate but falls apart very easily and this one looks like the perfect trade off between accuracy and stability if you want something that can be played with. Unfortunately I don't think there is an LDD for this model though.