Yzalirk

Orcish Steel in The Kragg

15050841960_8c21f79ea6.jpg

15234446071_9f85ac3de9.jpg

{}-----Vasilik's story is down and under maintance, sorry for the inconvience-----{}

Edited by Behemoth

This one is the best from you Behemoth... Such sharp photos and nice lighting. 2nd pic is my favourite.

This one is the best from you Behemoth... Such sharp photos and nice lighting. 2nd pic is my favourite.

Thanks, that means A LOT to me. I tried so hard to get some nice and crisp photos and I managed to get them. :classic:

Great work. Photography and lighting are exceptional and this is a great fig, too.

Neat build! I the shop look nice, and the photography is really good! I also like how you used both sides of the "brick" brick( I don't know its name, but the stone wall brick thingy). I think it looks a lot better than when people use just one side of it , which ends up with the same pattern over the entire wall.

Also the description is good, but the bold words are slightly distracting.

Very nice one! Photos are really good. I really like the blacksmith. Dwalin's beard looks great on the Uruk (or Zar-lfrikt). Nice work.

Nice build! Cool to see some builds for the Zar-Ifrikt!

Nice, as Gunman said the second photo is great.

I like this. It's really well done.

Great work. Photography and lighting are exceptional and this is a great fig, too.

Neat build! I the shop look nice, and the photography is really good! I also like how you used both sides of the "brick" brick( I don't know its name, but the stone wall brick thingy). I think it looks a lot better than when people use just one side of it , which ends up with the same pattern over the entire wall.

Also the description is good, but the bold words are slightly distracting.

Nice work, I agree with others about great quality photos and lighting!

Very nice one! Photos are really good. I really like the blacksmith. Dwalin's beard looks great on the Uruk (or Zar-lfrikt). Nice work.

Definitely a nice build here. Photography is very well done.

Very cool fig. Pics are really well done as well :)

Thanks guys! :classic:

I'm glad you all love it especially since I hardly put up builds but I'll definitely get them up more often. As for the lighting and photography, it took me quite long to get the best pictures I could possibly take (I took 4 and 1 of them came out pretty bad) but I think I've figured out the trick with my camera. So when I get more builds up for now on, I'll definitely try to replicate the skill shown like in these ones. :wink:

Edited by Behemoth

This is looking real good, Behemoth! A great build - and the angle and posing of the minifig makes it feel like we just entered his shop - well done! :thumbup:

And good story too, although I would agree that the bold text confuses it a bit.

Looks really nice. Great minifig, and nice posing too. Good photography also.

The walls are a bit plain, but that's probably how a blacksmith's / armorer's shop would be. I probably would have recessed the windows, the arches over them, and the plain bricks to the sides of the windows, maybe recessed a full stud or just a half stud (with jumper plates underneath). Currently the transition between the masonry bricks and the smooth bricks around the window looks weird -- there should be more of a defined transition. Try it out and see if it looks better.

This is looking real good, Behemoth! A great build - and the angle and posing of the minifig makes it feel like we just entered his shop - well done! :thumbup:

And good story too, although I would agree that the bold text confuses it a bit.

Thanks. :classic:

The bold text is supposed to show important names and places. :wink:

Looking good here! Photos and build both look great!

Looks really nice. Great minifig, and nice posing too. Good photography also.

The walls are a bit plain, but that's probably how a blacksmith's / armorer's shop would be. I probably would have recessed the windows, the arches over them, and the plain bricks to the sides of the windows, maybe recessed a full stud or just a half stud (with jumper plates underneath). Currently the transition between the masonry bricks and the smooth bricks around the window looks weird -- there should be more of a defined transition. Try it out and see if it looks better.

Thanks guys! :wink:

I think the walls a pretty good to be honest. An arms shop isn't meant to be very pretty though. :blush:

Great job, I especially like how you made the blacksmith figure, he looks very fitting with that beard. Great story as well!

Nice build, the uneven floorboards are a cool feature and the build has a nice clean look. Do not dismiss NM's comment though, the walls could use some more depth and color variance. The transition from masonry bricks to plain is a little awkward (perhaps a different color to denote new material?). However overall fine work with this :thumbup:

Nice work Behemoth, cool little scene and the colors give a nice warmth to the build. I agree perhaps a little more detail to the walls would help, and I would definitely suggest using a brick built anvil. Not sure where that one is from but it looks a tad out of place. Anyways, I look forward to seeing more!

Looks pretty good, however I agree with the others about the walls. Another tip is to stagger the floor tiles a bit so their ends don't line up perfectly. This makes it more realistic. And I feel like MassEditor is right on target regarding the anvil.

Looks very good Behemoth! Nice story too!!

Great job, I especially like how you made the blacksmith figure, he looks very fitting with that beard. Great story as well!

Nice build, the uneven floorboards are a cool feature and the build has a nice clean look. Do not dismiss NM's comment though, the walls could use some more depth and color variance. The transition from masonry bricks to plain is a little awkward (perhaps a different color to denote new material?). However overall fine work with this :thumbup:

Nice work Behemoth, cool little scene and the colors give a nice warmth to the build. I agree perhaps a little more detail to the walls would help, and I would definitely suggest using a brick built anvil. Not sure where that one is from but it looks a tad out of place. Anyways, I look forward to seeing more!

I love your tan wall and I love your pictures! Your lighting is perfect!

Looks pretty good, however I agree with the others about the walls. Another tip is to stagger the floor tiles a bit so their ends don't line up perfectly. This makes it more realistic. And I feel like MassEditor is right on target regarding the anvil.

Thanks guys! :classic:

Regarding the walls, I don't have any dark tan bricks besides twenty 1x1's and about 130 of the masonry bricks. So I can't disperse the texture at all. As for the anvil, it's the BrickWarriors' anvil and I really do like it but I could always try making a brick-built anvil.