Sign in to follow this  
soundwave_sw

HMCS Winnipeg

Outstanding creation soundwave! The overall massiveness and highly-detailed nature of this naval frigate is simply a sight to behold! Very effective 'curving' of the bricks on the front part too, I could just imagine the stress those bricks are experiencing. Congratulations on this masterpiece! :thumbup:

Wow thats amazing :thumbup: . Roughly how many pieces did you use/ does it come apart for transport? It is very detailed! I love the helicopter and the command tower.

wow that is fantastic, love the details and the way you did the bow, and all the things you added to make it come alive, the somalie's the helicopters, the stern trawler.

just great.

Bart

Wow thats amazing :thumbup: . Roughly how many pieces did you use/ does it come apart for transport? It is very detailed! I love the helicopter and the command tower.

There are approx 6500+ pieces. The hull separates into 3 sections. The bridge, funnel, & helicopter hanger modules make large removable sections for transport.

thanks for the compliments.

Hello!

A truly amazing creation! The boat hull is brilliant, as is the rest of the ship. Another spot-on is the fantastic helicopter. It uses a clever way of realizing the pentagonal rotor. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

They really ought to make a law against building something this awe inspiring.

You've managed to recreate so many little details from the real ship and were even able to add in some motorized features which makes it even more impressive.

I also like you're addition of the Sea King helicopter.

Bloody good job all around soundwave!

That's HUGE, and amazing. So much detail; I too love the helicopter.

I can see why it's on display, I honestly have no idea how you did this but it's great to look at. Thanks.

Wow, this is beautiful. The SNOT work on the hull is very nicely done.

Honestly, i could never do anything like this (I fail at boats), but if I may offer a suggestion, I'd like to see the deck SNOTed as well, or tiled over. The studded look there kind of breaks up the lovely smoothness of the hull.

Stunning! :wub: Where's it on display, if I might ask?

This scene will be on display from May 22 to late August, 2010 in Surrey B.C. at the Museum in Cloverdale.

It looks all snowy- how fitting for this city default_laugh_new.gif

That's an absolutly great MOC. I don't head to this thread a lot, but battleships like this always pique my interest. Nicely done.

That is an awesome ship soundwave_sw! :thumbup: This looks massive! Good thing it's protected. But seriously, you say it's around 6500(+) pieces? I would have guessed 10k+ :grin: Great job though, this is very impressive.

Edited by Leg Godt Gud

That is an awesome ship soundwave_sw! :thumbup: This looks massive! Good thing it's protected. But seriously, you say it's around 6500(+) pieces? I would have guessed 10k+ :grin: Great job though, this is very impressive.

Thank you. I may have underestimated the piece count a bit. The ship is relatively hollow. The helicopter would be around 500 pieces as well.