Sign in to follow this  
gazumpty

Hi Eurobricks....My name is Gazumpty :D..all the way from Scotland&#33

Right....well...It's been nearly 15 years since I have lifted a 'Lego' brick in anger :sweet: and now that I have almost completed my Part 3 Studies to become an Architect, I now have time to rediscover the passion I had for those beautiful pieces of moulded joy :wub: . It was during the building and rebuilding and improving of 'Classic' Town sets that I realised that I wanted to do this for real...with actual buildings! So thank you 'Lego' for starting my architectural career!

I stumbled across Eurobricks after looking for a list of sets that I have and what was going on currently in the world of 'Lego'. I love the Modular series of buildings and the way Lego is getting away from that period of having too many large parts in their sets. After a few wee eBay purchases...some CITY vehicles and an X-Wing that I never had as a kid, I felt it was time to get out the 'Old School' :wub: classic sets.

I noticed in the EB Review Index, a lot of the sets I have, have not been reviewed....so I reckon I'll enroll in the Reviewers Academy and get on with gaining that qualification :grin: . Plus I also want to attempt to 'MOD' (I think this is the correct terminology) these older sets and make them fit into the new Modular style, while maintaining the elegant architecture of their 1980s-90s form. BTW...if some kindly soul could point me in the direction of the meanings of MOD MOC and WIP...I might feel less like a numpty when posting on this forum :blush:

Another thing I hope to contribute, is to build minifig scale iconic 'Architecture' buildings, and try and stay faithful to what the original real-world architect was trying to achieve in his work, replicating it as close to, and as elegantly as possible in lego. I think this will be the most challenging and most rewarding of what I want to do with my 'Lego'. Plus I want to have something for my future (a few years to go yet) kids to take away and hopefully inspire them!

Hope to chat with you guys soon....especially the EB legends that i always love to read about (Brickster, Rufus, LightingTiger, Bonaparte...to mention only a few).

BRICK ON :grin:

Thanks Commander Law :) just this second finished stage 1 of emerging from the Dark Ages...organising what lego I have :)

Hi Gazumpty. Welcome to EB. I must admit that I don't make it to this part of the forum very often but feel honored to be mentioned by you here. Over the weekend, I heard something along this line... As one door closes, another door opens - sort of a nice analogy when a new member joins EB and another leaves.

The Architecture theme is a neat one although I only own the White House of the collection. WhiteFang and the others teachers in the Reviewers Academy will certainly help you with your future reviews.

Good luck with your LEGO building and if I don't see you around, I hope you enjoy the forum. EB is a great place and I still remember joining the ranks back in '05. I'm sure you'll like the LEGO community here as this board attracts the best around. :thumbup:

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays,

-TB