Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Princess Quest Chapter III: Fellowship

indexed.gif

Sooner than expected, I was able to get a hold of my old LEGO bricks, and because of that, I can proudly present the third chapter of my epic photocomic, Princess Quest. For those of you who have missed the first two chapters, here are the links:

Chapter One: Chivalry

Chapter Two: Legends & Legacies

As for this third part, you can expect to see the kingdom of Brickland open up to you. Read on and see for yourselves!

PQIIITitle.png

PQIII1.png

PQIII2.png

PQIII3.png

PQIII4.png

PQIII5.png

PQIII6.png

PQIII7.png

PQIII8.png

PQIII9.png

PQIII10.png

PQIII11.png

PQIII12.png

PQIII13.png

PQIII14.png

PQIII15.png

PQIII16.png

PQIII17.png

PQIII18.png

PQIII19.png

PQIII20.png

PQIII21.png

PQIII22.png

PQIII23.png

PQIII24.png

PQIII25.png

PQIII26.png

PQIII27.png

PQIII28.png

PQIII29.png

PQIII30.png

PQIII31.png

PQIII32.png

PQIII33.png

Hope you liked it! Be sure to keep an eye out for Chapter IV, where you can see if I'm any good at building a medieval town.

wow, very impressive, Sandy! Youve used some very clever techniques, like the map, the ogress ponytail, and the excellent photography! Not to mention that the story is very good, and the characters' personalities are very deep (good idea using the thinking bubbles). Rod is really funny, along with his master :laugh: . Great job! :thumbup::sweet:

Sandy, your Chapter III is superb interesting! :thumbup:

The story content have a smooth flow with lots of unexpected twists along the way. I find it very refreshing especially the Troll part. It gave me a good laugh. Their disguises are really very good. You have chosen the right torso for it. I have no complains about it.

The map, which you have drawn making of your landscape, is a great idea too. Most of us, always design a map using paint/photoshop. Instead, you use your landscape created and plot the locations on it, to give a general outlook. Good job.

Onto to your landscaping of your forest, it is done in a very good manner. I am quite fond of the tree of that particular tall, thick tree. Using the dwarves mine defender wheels, to be its trunk is an interesting idea. In fact, you gave me some inspiration on forest building. Thanks Sandy. :sweet:

Your photos are taken very well and concise manner. The adjusted lightnings are taken into consideration to illustrate nightfall.

As for your overall MOCs. Using offical sets such as Jungle Duel to complement to your MOC certainly added some touch as well. In addition, using the green towel to create a green field kind of feeling. You have bring it across very well.

For all the current chapters I had viewed, this is the chapter I enjoyed the most. Keep up the good work and keep it coming. :blush:

Another fantastic addition, Sandy! The scenery is fantastic, and it's great that there's nothing out of place in any of the shots, it really adds to the fun of it. Rod is hilarious, I like how you've developed the characters, story and scenery all at once! :thumbup: Ingenius ideas for mushrooms too, I can't believe I never thought of that before. :blush: It's great that this chapter came so early, looking forward to the next one! :sweet::thumbup:

~Peace

Okay, time to delve into your feedback!

Youve used some very clever techniques, like the map, the ogress ponytail, and the excellent photography!

Thanks! I was very iffy about the ponytail, I changed it like a thousand times, but in the end I think it looks good (although looking it up close breaks the illusion, really).

The story content have a smooth flow with lots of unexpected twists along the way. I find it very refreshing especially the Troll part. It gave me a good laugh. Their disguises are really very good. You have chosen the right torso for it. I have no complains about it.

Thanks, I only have a hundred something minifig torsos to choose from, and most of them are some other type than Castle, so I really had to think how to disguise the heroes - especially the princess. I'm glad I found the green-vested pirate torso, because I love green and it really suited Beatrix.

The map, which you have drawn making of your landscape, is a great idea too. Most of us, always design a map using paint/photoshop. Instead, you use your landscape created and plot the locations on it, to give a general outlook. Good job.

Funny though, when I thought that I should show a map of Brickland in this chapter, it never occurred to me to use anything else than lego for it. I guess it dates back to my younger years, when I used to do similar miniature landscapes with lego too.

Onto to your landscaping of your forest, it is done in a very good manner. I am quite fond of the tree of that particular tall, thick tree. Using the dwarves mine defender wheels, to be its trunk is an interesting idea. In fact, you gave me some inspiration on forest building. Thanks Sandy. :sweet:

Well, tree trunks was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the brown wheels. Gladly I got eight of them from the Mine Defender and the Catapult Defense.

As for your overall MOCs. Using offical sets such as Jungle Duel to complement to your MOC certainly added some touch as well. In addition, using the green towel to create a green field kind of feeling. You have bring it across very well.

I was worried if the tent would come of as too modern for the comic, but it worked well in the end. Princess Quest takes place in a fantasy world, anyway, so it isn't aiming to be historically accurate in any case (hence the librarian ogress). :wink:

It's great that you liked it, Fang! :wub:

Another fantastic addition, Sandy! The scenery is fantastic, and it's great that there's nothing out of place in any of the shots, it really adds to the fun of it. Rod is hilarious, I like how you've developed the characters, story and scenery all at once! :thumbup: Ingenius ideas for mushrooms too, I can't believe I never thought of that before.

Thank you! Unfortunately I can't take credit for the mushrooms, I've seen plenty of similar versions in other people's MOCs (although I've never seen anybody use the glowing yellow round plates in them before).

It's great that this chapter came so early, looking forward to the next one! :sweet::thumbup:

~Peace

As it happens, I've already shot one scene that was supposed to happen in this chapter, but got postponed to the next because this got so lenghty (I'm trying to keep the pictures under 35 per chapter). And I've built the town of Blockward, where the rest of the next chapter will take place. So the settings are done, all I need to do is to shoot it and make a comic out of it.

So you can expect the next chapter at the beginning of next week, I think. :grin:

Edited by Sandy