Fonzy

MOC: Kaliphlin Temple

This Temple has been standing on my desk for quite some time. Originally this was supposed to be a part of my entry for the Challenge 3. But I never got to finish the other elements that I wanted to add to the complete MOC. So I reduced the border to just fit the temple.

Halvard the dwarf was on a quest and surprisingly reached a temple in the middle of the desert. For years this temple has been protected and maintained by a Jinni.

Originally Halvard was supposed to fight some elements controlled by the Jinni, but now he is just passing peacefully.

8026207967_c5c11d9c47_b.jpg

8026208104_a87076d3fd_b.jpg

8026208166_cb6d5f3fab_b.jpg

8026208147_4d6b830b38_b.jpg

8026208263_db201fcf3a_b.jpg

8026208304_b83a7c3333_b.jpg

8026208347_121bb25020_b.jpg

8026208399_d24120a737_b.jpg

8026208475_cae7987db6_b.jpg

All comments and suggestions are welcome.

Wow :oh: Brilliant work on the roof and decorations, especially the figs under the roof :wub:

The floor inside is stunning and the border is excellent :classic:

Great temple, I really love the cheese slopes on the roof and both the boarder and the little figures on the front look awesome! :thumbup:

First I wondered what those bley parts were doing there... :hmpf:

I really like the border, you sure put some efforts in it. :thumbup:

Wow! So many great ideas in this one MOC, I really like the figs under the roof, and the flor patterns as well, too...

And I was wondering these days how a Kaliphlin temple should look...

Edited by Theo

Wow, between the roof and the interior floor, that's a huge amount of cheese slopes! There's a lot to like here, including the border. I think my favorite part is definitely the floor however. Good to see Halvard back in Kaliphlin; it's been a while.

Amazing creation! I love all the details, like the pillars, the roof and above all those bley figs on the front are briljant! :thumbup: It almost can't get better, but seeing the floor inside it does. Keep it up, great job! :classic:

Very nice indeed! :thumbup: The floor is amazing! Have to start using cheese slopses more now!

The border and roof are also excellent!

Great work!

Edited by de Gothia

Wow, welcome back! This is beautiful....while the mosaic floor looks fantastic, I would have to say that the figures on the front of the temple are my favorite part. Great use of those parts!

The figures on the front of this are great, they really remind me of hieroglyphics and were the first thing I noticed.

I also really like the bright roof on this, it would really stand out in the middle of the desert.

Also in awe of your patience for doing all the mosaic work- it looks beautiful!

Halvard's travels have been to some absolutely amazing places! This is spectacular. I really like those 2-stage columns, the simplicity of your stonework frieze is wonderful, the roof is lovely, and the colour accents are really nice. And what a mosaic floor! One of the best I've seen, very authentic for a temple. Great borders too. Fantastic build

:classic:

Really imposing temple!

I love how you made these sculptures!

Also great job on rotating the building! It works well!

Only thing I am not really fond of is the roof :blush: somehow it looks like it is on fire...

Wow Fonzy, that's just pretty spectacular - love the pillars and wall friezes and the floor inside the temple looks stunning! :wub: I really like the effort you've put into the border too, it frames it very nicely. The cheese slopes on the roof is a neat textural effect too. I guess the one thing that i feel is missing is an altar or something inside the temple - it just feels a little bare. But then i guess that might detract from that beautiful floor! :wink:

Great work, nice to see you back! :thumbup:

Thanks for all you comments.

Only thing I am not really fond of is the roof :blush: somehow it looks like it is on fire...

I hadn't looked at it that way. I suppose using some transparent bricks would really set the roof on fire!

I guess the one thing that i feel is missing is an altar or something inside the temple - it just feels a little bare. But then i guess that might detract from that beautiful floor! :wink:

Yeah, I had thought about an altar, but I figured adding an altar wouldn't do justice to the floor.

This really is an excellent build! You've done a fantastic job with the cheese slope floor, and it's always nice to see new roof techniques. The sculpture on the front is great - it turned out very well. you also have a nice border, and the pillars are well done too.

Great MOC!