snaillad

MOC: The Brick and Stud Tavern

Hi everyone,

here is my latest MOC The Brick and Stud Tavern which I've been working on for the last couple of months, a couple of bricklink orders slowed things down a little.

I've wanted to do a pub for a while now and wanted to include more scene's with water so it seemed a good idea to combine the two. I had to scale it down from the quayside/fishing port I had in mind originally (Perhaps that will wait for another day), so a small river or canal seemed the obvious choice. This is inspired by canals seen in the UK, maybe I'll do a dutch canal someday :laugh:

I took ideas from - The Riverbank cottage - a previous MOC of mine which I made last year.

I spent quite a bit of time perfecting the windows trying to get the right proportions on the lintels and framing without leaving unsightly gaps. The canal boat/narrowboat was something I had in mind to make the water look a little more interesting and went through several revisions before settling with this one. I found it difficult to get a sharp point on the front of the boat and eventually settled for a simpler rounded shape, perhaps not as realistic but nevermind! :grin:

Sadly no interior this time round as I was mainly focused on landscaping.

Anyway on with the pics, there are only 4 on this occasion;

19508482230_136c738aa3_c.jpg

19700531251_b14066ba28_c.jpg

19509547319_f8f16dc7c2_c.jpg

19688129122_991656ce6e_c.jpg

If you'd rather view them on flickr the link is here https://www.flickr.c...s/52656812@N04/

Here's hoping for a new camera for my birthday this year! :laugh:

Any thoughts or comments welcomed!

Cheers

Wow! Very cool MOC! I like the detailing, especially the cheese roof. Well done!

I don't what is more awesome.....the river barge or the pub, beautiful MOCing there 'snaillad', Brick On !

Beautiful! Your builds always have this atmosphere and they always tell a story. Love that.

The only thing that I do not like that much is the water. In my opinion it's too rough, although I like that you used these diamonds instead of round bricks.

And yet, another masterpiece. Love the idea and execution. The scenery is simply charming, the boat is cute and that tree is gorgeous.

This is gorgeous! I love the overall shape of the building, its colour scheme and the windows.

I think the round end for the boat works just fine too.

Although the focus is on the building - which is well up to your usual high standards - I think you absolutely nailed the color palette and the design for the Barge.

Great MOC and building design...would look awesome as a piece set in the 18th (Revolutionary War) or 19th century (Civil War) scene.

Great job! Really nice techniques and the groundwork look especially good and realistic. I also really like the barge as a nice contrast. Well done!

Wow! Very cool MOC! I like the detailing, especially the cheese roof. Well done!

I don't what is more awesome.....the river barge or the pub, beautiful MOCing there 'snaillad', Brick On !

Stunning, absolutely stunning!

Very cool!

Beautiful! Your builds always have this atmosphere and they always tell a story. Love that.

The only thing that I do not like that much is the water. In my opinion it's too rough, although I like that you used these diamonds instead of round bricks.

And yet, another masterpiece. Love the idea and execution. The scenery is simply charming, the boat is cute and that tree is gorgeous.

This is gorgeous! I love the overall shape of the building, its colour scheme and the windows.

I think the round end for the boat works just fine too.

Brilliant! Looks like a pub I'd like to spend a sunny afternoon in.

And the narrow boat is nicely done too!

Although the focus is on the building - which is well up to your usual high standards - I think you absolutely nailed the color palette and the design for the Barge.

Great MOC and building design...would look awesome as a piece set in the 18th (Revolutionary War) or 19th century (Civil War) scene.

Awesome MOC!

Your photos are good enough in my opinion, you should maybe spend your money for LEGO instead of a new camera. :classic:

Brilliant, great scene, great clear design!

Fantastic! Love it!

Fantastic work!

That's awesome! I love the little details!

Let's order a pint! Very nice!!!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

you made me imagining living there! :wub:

That is just amazing! So so good. Please make and post more!

This is really awesome ...the house has a perfect architecture: I like the roof! :wub:

Another "Well done"! The tree is absolutely brilliant, too.

Great job! Really nice techniques and the groundwork look especially good and realistic. I also really like the barge as a nice contrast. Well done!

Thanks for all the kind comments, I did have some reservations about the shaping/colour palette of the boat and the brick built tree!

Totally get the comment about the water Paxila And The Bricks, it probably does look rough, but it's the closest colour to 'blue' water that's been available at my local PAB wall so I stocked up that day and are looking for ways to use them! :laugh: Tiles would probably look better, I wish I had enough!

I wish I had room for more Lego Back to the brick! :laugh:

Beautiful! Nothing more needed to say.