I Scream Clone

Davy Jones' Locker

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 66c

Come on a treacherous journey to the bottom of the ocean, witness the evil of

Davy Jones' Locker

Many a poor sailor has perished at his merciless hands, but it is a lonely life on the bottom of the ocean, with only his pet Kraken to keep him company as he plays a mournful dirge on his organ. :jollyroger:

EDIT: Added a heart, Captains hat, and new piano keys (props to Sly Owl)

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

I hope you like it, and good luck to the other contestants too.

Cheers

ISC

Beautiful! :wub: ISC, you just keep getting better and better!

I love the shifty, sloping outline of the ruined ship. Very evocative. There's also the angled corner of the cabin and ruined deck as well as the curved walls on the bottom level for bonus psychedelia. My eyes don't know where to look! It is certainly organic. The sea snail is great (Gary's evil cousin?) and the toothy little horrors are simple yet effective. The pulled out drawer and the dropped treasure map are a great detail too, not to mention the organ itself.

The overall composition is very nice, especially from the third shot. It does look looming and impressive.

If I was to change anything, I'd replace those yellow fence pieces with the half-size pearl gold variety, but that's a quibble.

Excellent work ISC! A very creative idea with some awesome details and fun things to look at.

I simply love the usage of Kit Fisto's head for Davy, it's a great match. Nice work with the organ as well, I think that's the first LEGO organ I've seen...

The underside is gorgeous with all of the debris scattered around. It gives it a real nice underwater graveyard feel. I laughed at the little monster coming out of the crate. :pir-grin:

Another thing you did an excellent job with is the tiling, giving the entry a very shipwrecked look. But I must ask, what is that "thing" with the horns and the trans-blue dishes? A sea snail?

Improvement ideas:

1) A minor point, but I feel that the yellow windows don't match the whole shipwrecked feel of the rest of the entry. Perhaps you could do a brown tile diagonally across, so it looks boarded up.

2) Treasure chest with a heart inside beside Davy Jones? :shark:

3) Some sort of a lantern hanging near the organ might be a nice touch.

==================================================

You did a very good job on this entry. Certainly a favorite thus far. It combines a fun idea with great details and a bit of humor thrown in for good measure.

Excellent work, and good luck! :kahuka:

This is absolutely fantastic! The details are outstanding. I love the organ with the pipes.

The way you constructed the outer hull of the lower deck looks great with the slope/slanted design. The entire scene is very well done.

Excellent!

WOW! That looks great. I love the paneling on the lower level; looks fantastic.

Poor pirate ship.

Interesting choice for a head....

The sea snail is great (Gary's evil cousin?) and the toothy little horrors are simple yet effective. The pulled out drawer and the dropped treasure map are a great detail too, not to mention the organ itself.

If I was to change anything, I'd replace those yellow fence pieces with the half-size pearl gold variety, but that's a quibble.

Thanks, I was wondering if anyone would notice Gary's evil cousin. The 'little horrors' are sea anenomes turned bad :wink:

I wish I had access to my new Pirate ship for gold windows but it is packed away :pir-cry_sad:

But I must ask, what is that "thing" with the horns and the trans-blue dishes? A sea snail?

Improvement ideas:

1) A minor point, but I feel that the yellow windows don't match the whole shipwrecked feel of the rest of the entry. Perhaps you could do a brown tile diagonally across, so it looks boarded up.

2) Treasure chest with a heart inside beside Davy Jones? :shark:

3) Some sort of a lantern hanging near the organ might be a nice touch.

I may just add some of those things, though a lantern wont burn too well underwater :wink:

This is absolutely fantastic! The details are outstanding. I love the organ with the pipes.

The way you constructed the outer hull of the lower deck looks great with the slope/slanted design. The entire scene is very well done.

Excellent!

Praise from a great MOCer like yourself is always appreciated, thanks :pir-sweet:

WOW! That looks great. I love the paneling on the lower level; looks fantastic.

Poor pirate ship.

Interesting choice for a head....

Thanks mate, glad you like it.

I have seen this before, but didn't have the head and didn't want to copy.

This is very, very impressive! So many details in it, the place makes me scared to look at!

The organ is a neat design and very nicely executed, I also like the broken hold below filled with goodies.

Davy Jones is very cool too. :pir_yoda:

Great entry ISC! I believe this could be a winner!

ISC , that's an amazing entry ! awesome ! but you stole my idea, I was planning to put a piano on mine... but a organ is not really a piano, so I guess it's ok :P

Woo ! very impressive MOC

I like everything in the lower part : barrels, crates, canon, ... I especially like the wall on the left slightly inclined, very well done effect

At the first floor, I like the furnitures and the organ

I like what you did !

Wow, this is a great moc

Possible improvement points:

1. Maybe the keys of the organ could be a little better, now they seem a bit too big, you could use hinge plates for the keys.

Good points:

1. Good purist solution for davey jones.

2. Tons of nice stuff and detail.

3. Nice job making it look like a real wrecked/sunken ship.

4. The slanting lower deck looks good.

Wow, very impressive MOC I Scream Clones! :pir-cry_happy:

Love the realistic way you "booted" the locker and the detailed furniture inside, and specially the tile technique on the down part and the magnificent display of the kraken and all the elements on the submarine cellar. And, of course, great idea for Davy Jones' head, I didn't know he was a nautolan! LOL :pir-tongue:

10/10, hope you'll win! :pir-sweet:

Amazing! I really like this MOC, it's very cool. You did a great job on the broken/sinken ship effect, it's worked out extremely good. Everything fits so well in place, I just have nothing bad to say about this creation.

More like Kit Fisto's locker! :pir-laugh:

Yet another dazzling MOC from you! Very nice work! :thumbup: It really conveys the feel of a shipwreck well and uses some interesting techniques. The use of the Fisto head is very fitting. I wonder what he would look like with a pirate hat. :pir-grin:

But what are those red and black and orange cylinders with teeth on them supposed to be? Dynamite? Fruit? Plants? All of the above? :pir_laugh2:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Thanks for all the amazing comments guys :pir-blush: Now if that equates to votes I will be stoked :pir_laugh2:

But what are those red and black and orange cylinders with teeth on them supposed to be? Dynamite? Fruit? Plants? All of the above? :pir_laugh2:

They are sea anenomes, possibly gone bad :pir_laugh2:

Wow ISC. This is definitely the best ship wreck scene I've ever seen. Everything worked perfectly...the organ, the wood work, the sea creatures, the overall wreckage. All perfect.

I think you have a really good chance of winning the contest!

~Thrash

Everything in this moc flows well. I like how every is beaten up. I would suggest using the tile with slits in it for the organ, as it seems a bit unproportionate.

Fantastic job!

Colors are spot on! Not too many, but certainly not too little!

The layering of the broken up ship is also fantastic! It looks like it was really once a ship, that has crashed here! I think that it was very very well done, and really like it!

The Davy Jones is actaully what he should look like. The Head.. torso... all perfect! It's a wonderful creation with lots of flair and nothing lacking! Great job!

Thanks for all the nice comments and suggestions.

I have added a heart, cpts hat, and new piano keys.

Cheers, and good luck to all contestants. :pir-blush:

Much better now with the new key technique.

Great creation and the best one so far! Nice accompanying story. cleaver use of existing mini-figs.

At first I had expected a brick built cracken, forgetting we had one released through Lego.

Keep up the great builds mate.

Regards,

Cpt. PB

Brilliant work ICS! :thumbup::pir-wub:

I was so exited about this MOC I dragged my poor girlfriend in front of the computer screen to show it to her. :pir-laugh:

she liked it as well. :pir-wink:

You just keep on improving your building skills. :pir-classic::thumbup:

Kind regards,

Teddy

Nice, it's even better now than it was before! :pir-classic:

The new piano keys look superb. A massive improvement. Good work ISC!

Opinion

Wow, this is a great version of Davy Jones' Locker. Everything just looks so real and clean. I like the under water part on the bottom part of your MOC. The sunken cannon's and barrels look very nice along with the octopus and the seaweed. All the cabinets in Davy Jones Cabin are so precise and detailed. In the Cabin, I think you have created the piano very nicely.

Your MOC gives me a lot of ideas for my own entry. Don't worry, I will not copy yours.

I wish you the best of luck!

LegoKing

I really like the improvements! The keys were my only problem, and while their still not perfect... a lot better!

Did he have a pegleg before? If so... I'm not a fan of that either, but both are just small things! Fantastic job!