kaiju

[SR - FB - Fort Building Contest] Queen's Rock Outpost

A conversation overheard in Bastion...

"Let me get this right. They found a random rock sticking up..."

"Yup."

"And built a fort around it..."

qro_02.jpg

qro_06.jpg

"Fort might be a strong word for it. It's a coastal battery. Barely more than a wall and a hut."

qro_11.jpg

"And someone volunteered to run this... wall?"

"Which is why she gets the hut."

qro_10.jpg

I like this fort a lot! It looks very "playable" as well. And I must second Captain Braunsfeld's thoughts: the Capt Hook hair looks great on a female pirate. Well done!

Edited by Capt Wolf

:laugh: I like Your text, and I like Your rockwork even better! Good job! :thumbup:

Very good - and I did not expect Captain Hook's hat to fit so well to a lady pirate!

I had a suspicion that the parts from Hook would work well, the details are soft enough that the hair doesn't come across as looking like a longer powdered wig. Apparently I wasn't the only one to think this. She ended up with just a bit too much character to be rank-and-file.

I like this fort a lot! It looks very "playable" as well. And I must second Captain Braunsfeld's thoughts: the Capt Hook hair looks great on a female pirate. Well done!

Thanks. At least for freebuilds using real bricks my forts are still inspired by the last Pirates range, so they tend towards a simpler and more practical design. It does indeed make things playable.

:laugh: I like Your text, and I like Your rockwork even better! Good job! :thumbup:

Thanks. I do try to make the accompanying text for my builds enjoyable. And I seem to be getting plenty of practice with rockwork - and will be likely be getting more as my next planned build is a lighthouse (or most of one, at least).

I second that!

Thank you.

Congratulations! You won 1st place in the Fort contest! You'll receive 10DBs for submitting before Aug 31st and 25DBs for winning!

4 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Congratulations! You won 1st place in the Fort contest! You'll receive 10DBs for submitting before Aug 31st and 25DBs for winning!

Thank you.

Your fort has been registered in your name and has been placed in Moray's Den! All required fees were paid by the Sea Rat Faction but you will receive the income for owning this fort.