lightningtiger

MEGA-MOC - Shopping Centre

It starts tonight, I have mostly completed stage 1 (each stage is a 16x32 plate) obly stickers and garden outside needs to be done.

Now here we go ! :laugh:

0000_1_shopping_centre_100.jpg

Below is a new ATM design I'm trying out.

0000_1_shopping_centre_101.jpg

Likewise a new payphone design too !

0000_1_shopping_centre_102.jpg

The rear view of a Flight Centre travel agency.

0000_1_shopping_centre_103.jpg

As usual two things, more to come of course and comments are always welcome.

Okay, next to the travel agent should it be menswear store or sports store followed by the other ?

Keep on watching everyone ! :grin:

Edited by lightningtiger

The payphone looks good, altough the horn is a bit big. :laugh:

The Angled Lightsaber Hilt might look better:

x156.jpg

Why, thanks for the suggestion 'Vincent' sadly I don't own any of those, which belong to a Sith Lord who seems to lose his head ! :laugh::devil:

This is a huge W-I-P, add to the mix with be a relocated chemist, bakery, ladies fashion, shoe repair/key cutting stand, supermarket and discount store....at the very least. :blush:

Now what do you think ? :wink:

Beautiful. I can't wait to see more. The new ATM and payphone are inspired.

~LCM

Thanks 'LCM', but what goes next a LOWES Menswear store (NOT the hardware chain from the USA) or a SPORTSPOWER sports store ?

Brick On Everyone ! :grin:

Thanks 'LCM', but what goes next a LOWES Menswear store (NOT the hardware chain from the USA) or a SPORTSPOWER sports store ?

I've seen a few sportswear/sportings goods mocs lately. Let's see the menswear store.

I've seen a few sportswear/sportings goods mocs lately. Let's see the menswear store.

Yep, I've done a few of both....but not a LOWES....oh I guess I better show what one looks like eh ?

2164697227_a63322a245.jpg

Sadly it will only be a 12 wide entrance to the store but you get the drift of what one looks like.

Keep on commenting ! :laugh:

For the travel agency, you need a large map of the world hanging on the wall.

As for what to build next, a sports store would be cool :) (I have plans to build one of my own soon, still acquiring parts for it)

Ideas for shops you could build:

Mobile phone shop (every shopping centre has at least 4 or 5 of those these days, just dont do a Telstra Shop :)

Food court (with different kinds of food e.g. burgers, sushi, kebabs, Asian, coffee, ice cream or donuts)

Optometrist/Glasses shop (but then you need to decide which one to do :)

Newsagent/Lotto (If I remember my last visit to South Australia, the lotto places over there have a wishbone on the sign)

Butcher Shop/Fishmonger

Barber/Hairdresser

Foxtel display (every major shopping center has some kind of display pushing this overpriced crap)

Information/security desk

I would suggest some kind of tobacconist or the like but since I think smoking is a filthy habit, I will instead suggest that you do NOT feature anything smoking related in this MOC :)

Thanks 'jonwil' for your suggestions, if I use them all and at 16 wide plates we are looking at least 15 32x16 base plates. Ouch ! :laugh:

Keep those suggestions comming everyone ! :wink:

I love the new atm and phone booth designs. Great work! :classic:

Thanks 'ACCURATEin', oh and 'jonwil' I have decided on a Vodaphone dealer to go next to the menswear store with a small court area with the key cutter/shoe repair booth and small coffee shop. More shops will follow after those.

The phone is fantastic! What have you used to make the handset?

Our local shopping centre has a Legoland Discovery, so I think you should add one of those! :wink:

Absolutely fantastic, can't wait to see more.

Edited by Jed

Thanks for the comments 'Fuzzy', 'LGG' and 'Jed', the sports store will be further along the mall and a Lego store sadly won't happen as in Oz we don't have any...well yet (can always hope I guess).

A toyshop might go in along the way too, ouch another 16 studs width.....OMG, if I do the math......16 x 16 = 256.....ratio 1 stud equals 7.5mm.......works out over 1.9 metres in length minus car parks and gardens, service station and tavern.....yes, a tavern, so double it.

That's why it's called MEGA-MOC, and get use to seeing this topic because it's going to be around for a long time.

Comments always welcome and Brick On Shop On ! :grin:

Nice shopping centre Lightningtger :thumbup:. I'm sure it will make a perfect addtition to your town.

Looking forward to it progress in the future.

Thanks 'TYB', I should have stage two underway and perhaps stage three along with it....building the shops will be easy it's the merchandise fit out with all the sticker that's the hard part but it's what gives my MOC's it BLING ! :laugh:

Suggestions feel free to say and Brick On everyone ! :grin:

Stage two is underway, which will include a small food court...well for the coffee shop anyway and somewhere to wait for keys to be cut and shoes repaired.

Suggestions welcome.

:wink:

Quick update, finalising the travel agency and continuing work on the menswear store.

0000_1_shopping_centre_097.jpg

0000_1_shopping_centre_098.jpg

0000_1_shopping_centre_099.jpg

The mobile phone dealer will be next to the LOWES store.

Comments welcome.

Nice one, LT.

I'm going to enjoy watching this progress.

:classic: :classic:

Thanks 'AJ', I'm be only doing a little work over the weekend....but I'll try to update over said weekend.

Brick On ! :grin:

don't forget to build your mega moc with your back on the exit door direction... or you'll end struck inside your room with no way out!

very good! phone and atm boot have a stealabe interesting design, but I personally would change the orientation of the 1x1 corner wall element in the atm.

hope to see many updates soon!

have a nice lego day

mrBlue

Thanks 'mrblue' for your comments, I'll look into the parts of ATM you speak of and compare with a real ATM. The menswear store is comming along, after which three of the smaller businesses get built....need more 2x2 tiles for the floors. Oh, I'm using tiles for tiled floors or concrete depending on colour of said floor product and plates on the interior sections of the building as carpet....of course outside for dirt, grass and gravel.

Still more and more to come....so keep on watching and keep on suggesting ! :sweet:

Good progress 'Lt' I take it the shop to the right of the flight center is to be the Lowes? Those pictures of the actual Lowes show a department store. Do you have a home improvement Lowes or is it just a department store? :classic:

Good progress 'Lt' I take it the shop to the right of the flight center is to be the Lowes? Those pictures of the actual Lowes show a department store. Do you have a home improvement Lowes or is it just a department store? :classic:

Ah, now our LOWES chain is a menswear chain, your LOWES has done a deal with Woolworths Limited to have Masters Hardware stores/warehouses here to compete with Westfarmers Bunnings chain of hardware warehouses.

Working on the LOWES sign at the moment should be on the frontage by Sunday night.