VintageLegoEra

Lego 10197 Fire Brigade New Build & Review

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hey Everyone!

Hope you all doing Well! :classic:

Here is another Modular episode to Enjoy :wink: , The $Fire Brigade$....Very nice Box details:

14614118889_c11970f688_c.jpg

14614162118_0da3321cae_c.jpg

14777780196_05b7853f04_c.jpg

14800418642_389ee25c17_c.jpg

14797658241_cb8f82b5c1_b.jpg

Fire Truck:

14800764625_8fb176dd53_c.jpg

14797650071_6cc1404c49_c.jpg

14614097839_3ef7e3db78_c.jpg

14614138168_381a99a6c9_c.jpg

14614136178_a5d7c4b4c1_c.jpg

Remarks:-

- The Truck is Awesome. Just so realistic to how it was back then in 30's.

- I love the Color Scheme and The Ladder Idea..

Edited by Rick

1st Floor:

14614086789_7181da374a_c.jpg

14614127638_091d3275ea_c.jpg

14800797945_090779e5b4_c.jpg

14800796305_07a5459c2d_c.jpg

14614086040_a77dc8cf8b_c.jpg

14797680421_5e0e75f096_c.jpg

Done!

14800431222_0087ca56d5_c.jpg

14800429152_7268a43bcc_c.jpg

Remarks:

- Great By All Means ( level details, number -3- Tile, helmet hanger is a Frog..hehehe..love it,

- Has many unique parts especially the Golden helmet..this is just a big Waooooo!!

- The Minifigures are very cool. I Love the old fire mark/sign on the Torso as it brings back old nice memories as it reminds me of the first Fire Station back then in 80's.

Moving to 2nd Floor!..stay Tuned!

CHeers

Edited by VintageLegoEra

This was one of the more fun modular builds that I have done. I thought this set was more challenging to build than the Grand Emporium or even the Town Hall. That being said, I have not built the Palace Theater or the Parisian Restaurant so they may be more of a challenge when I get to them.

And I am not sure if this is true out side the US, but here in the states, the Fire Brigade has still not been marked as retired by Lego on their Shop at Home site. Could we still see another run of these in the future hit the web store or even our physical stores? Who knows, but the Grand Emporium has got another reprieve and another run is scheduled for the US at the end of September.

This was one of the more fun modular builds that I have done. I thought this set was more challenging to build than the Grand Emporium or even the Town Hall. That being said, I have not built the Palace Theater or the Parisian Restaurant so they may be more of a challenge when I get to them.

And I am not sure if this is true out side the US, but here in the states, the Fire Brigade has still not been marked as retired by Lego on their Shop at Home site. Could we still see another run of these in the future hit the web store or even our physical stores? Who knows, but the Grand Emporium has got another reprieve and another run is scheduled for the US at the end of September.

This set is retired. Some time you see it is available at LEGO and this is due to some store return it back. But Officially it is retired and i dont think any of the store has it any more except in Ebay and BL.

Regards

Will you do some ratings once you've reviewed all the modulars? It would be interesting to see you compare them to each other after building them in sequence like you do.

Will you do some ratings once you've reviewed all the modulars? It would be interesting to see you compare them to each other after building them in sequence like you do.

Sure I will do that!...:-).

I will make a new post with all Modular together and do the ratings...;-)

Edited by VintageLegoEra

2nd Floor:

14808794461_02a4925f4f_c.jpg

14808786661_c3cfa538b1_c.jpg

14808781221_d7f4c5287d_c.jpg

14831698033_665babefe5_c.jpg

14625334587_d33bdac39a_c.jpg

2nd Floor Done!

14788866876_3ef2a067a5_c.jpg

Remarks:

*PROS:

- Excellent details ( Refrigerator, The Cook setups, Sofa and Ping-Pong Table )

- Nice Wall details ( Block/Brick Style )

*CONS:

-Well, 2 important elements are absent here: Bed and Rest Room. It has a great finishing elements, but since the fire men will be on-call, a bed and rest-room is a must. Dont know why LEGO didnt think about it or they just have other thing in mind.

- I Do believe instead of Ping-Pong game, they should consider the rest room and the bed.

Edited by VintageLegoEra

The Roof:

14811570132_4247d942e7_c.jpg

14625214020_6cc2abcbed_c.jpg

14625261729_2a5b849797_c.jpg

14811922495_3e021a347c_c.jpg

Remarks:

- A very nice and challenging section especially the ( 1932 ). I admit it was little annoying as i wanted to be aligned and on same level and happy to do that! :sweet: .

- Water Tank, is a great and new idea to me...gives a lot of beauty to the set ( The Roof )

- And yeaa, The Bell,,,,this is just an Awesome idea with these Golden dish and bars...veeery nice and glad to own a golden parts as well!

- I dont see any CONS to mention...

Here is the finished Modular!

14625370247_af6c1071b6_c.jpg

14625364057_28fa4eb5eb_b.jpg

I hope you enjoyed it!

Next: Lego 10211, Grand Emporium

Stay Tuned!

FIN

Edited by VintageLegoEra

This was my first modular 6 months ago, I found it truly awesome and after the parisien restaurant, it is still my favourite. It's on a different level than, for exemple, palace cinema or city hall.

Edited by Player

I wish i could get this set in my country.....its too expensive for my taste...

neverthless got the TH, GE, PS & PC for now :sweet:

I really wish I had come out of my dark age in time to get one of these at normal price.

It is a great looking build!

Indeed an expensive one but at least better than crazy price of CC GG and MS..

I bout this for $300 including shipping few months back...sound good price

Love these new build and review threads. Literally just getting in to modulars as my first purchase will be the pet shop in a few weeks - then the grand emporium next month (could all change if it's double VIP points for uk stores in October though )

Don't want to miss out like I did the fire brigade so I'm looking to get he sets likely to be retired first. Fortunately the fire brigade seems to hover around the £200 mark in ebay so not too bad. Looks like a nice set so maybe one day I'll add to my collection (that at present is non existent !)

Love these new build and review threads. Literally just getting in to modulars as my first purchase will be the pet shop in a few weeks - then the grand emporium next month (could all change if it's double VIP points for uk stores in October though )

Don't want to miss out like I did the fire brigade so I'm looking to get he sets likely to be retired first. Fortunately the fire brigade seems to hover around the £200 mark in ebay so not too bad. Looks like a nice set so maybe one day I'll add to my collection (that at present is non existent !)

I bought my Fire Brigade for €200 from BrickLink a few weeks ago. Ever since it was retired, there has been a steady supply of some 200+ copies for sale on Bricklink. I don't foresee the prices to increase a lot in the near future.

But I do wish I had bought it when I saw it on sale for €100 a year ago :P

My wife bought me this one for Christmas. (It had retired right before we started purchasing Lego...) The box appeared to be sealed, but I'm a little nervous as there were a few random pieces just loose in the box (I counted all of the bags and they match the pictures here - so thank you for showing those!), Is this normal at all?

My wife bought me this one for Christmas. (It had retired right before we started purchasing Lego...) The box appeared to be sealed, but I'm a little nervous as there were a few random pieces just loose in the box (I counted all of the bags and they match the pictures here - so thank you for showing those!), Is this normal at all?

Hii and great Xmas gift especially this already retired...:)

yes, dont worry, it happened with me for the Cafe Corner and other modular set ( cant remember ) but all were 100%...:)

Also, some pieces LEGO just put them without bags...

Enjoy building it as it is fun!

cheers

Edited by VintageLegoEra

Thank you. I was just worried because the loose pieces were so small - 1x2s and such... I wasn't used to seeing such small pieces loose in the boxes.

Thank you. I was just worried because the loose pieces were so small - 1x2s and such... I wasn't used to seeing such small pieces loose in the boxes.

U r welcome :-)...

Then relax now....cheers