Space Ranger 29

LEGO City Volvo L220g

Hi,

I present in the forum my last construction, a LEGO Volvo L220G wheel loader (minifigure scale). It is a ideal vehicles for many applications including material and waste handling, recycling or quarrying work. This LEGO model looks very impressive with plenty of fine detailing.

The loader uses new LEGO tires introduce in 2014.

julienl-volvo-loader-l220g-1.jpg

We can easily open the cab to install the driver and the bucket is articulated with two cylinders.

julienl-volvo-loader-l220g-2.jpg

The engine hood swings back to give easy acces for servicing and cleaning.

julienl-volvo-loader-l220g-3.jpg

The loader in action with a big LEGO truck. For the truck I get my inspiration from a Man Truck. If LEGO created a 2x8x2, the truck would be more impressive. Another topic will present the truck in action.

julienl-volvo-loader-l220g-4.jpg

The rear axle can move freely up and down to created suspension for rugged terrain

julienl-volvo-loader-l220g-5.jpg

I hope you like this model. Do not hesitate to comment it.

I post this construction on LEGO Ideas, if you want to support and share this project, do not hesitate, I need 10000 supporters.

Link:https://ideas.lego.com/projects/69050

Bye

It fits the city style for large construction vehicles very well. Also, do the wheels move up and down while driving over rocks? It looks as so in the last picture.

By far the best brick built construction vehicle I've seen. It fantastic!

I'll be absolutely amazed if this doesn't make into the shops.

It's got my support :thumbup:

Yes, the rear axle can move freely up and down like the 8x8 fire vehicle in the LEGO 4430 fire transporter.

Thanks, that is a great feature for a construction vehicle.

AWESOME......simply awesome......a minifig scale technic/model team vehicle ! :grin:

Good luck with LegoIdeas (you're going to need it :blush: ).......and Brick On 'Space Ranger 29' ! :grin:

That is a fantastic FEL, SR29! Very detailed, I could only wish TLG would release one like this. How did you manage to incorporate suspension? :classic:

Looks great. Love the suspension and the brickbuilt bucket seem to do the job surprisingly well.

I made a similar "combo" with a Scania truck and Volvo front end loader some time ago. Pictures can be found in signature links should you have any interest.

Nice build! Certainly among the best construction vehicle MOCs out there.

Very good work and details including the sand green Volvo engine.

Amazing! I like how you added the part where it can flip up so you can see the engine.