Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

The NEW Pirate Forum Skin

Yep, obviously it's been launched but there's going to be bugs and other technical issues.

Here's a list of things for the next revision:

• Make the banner background images load faster.
  • Resolve an issue caused by no avatar image.
  • Widen the title background.
  • The Incoming Message dialogue requires styling.
  • The Quick Navigation dialogue could use style improving.
  • Make the hue of background water texture watch the timephase. The current cyan water clashes too much with some of the timephases and it looks out of place.
  • The Eurobricks logo needs to be about 8 pixels higher in each banner.

Feel free to leave your feedback and bug reports in this thread.

Also credit must be given to the following photographers who contributed minifigure photos - many thanks!

dr_spock, WhiteFang, Sebeus I, Walter, kabel, Admiral Croissant, legolijntje, Brickington, Boomchil, Piratedave84, jamesn, Legonardo, Captain Settle, Zeya and absolutelylez.

Plus Brickthing worked on some pirate themed Eurobricks logo flags which haven't made this version but may appear at some point in the future.

Very good work everybody responsible for this! I have some minor suggestions though:

The read topics have a transparent pirate icon if you've participated in the discussion but there's no telling of that for unread topics so maybe another icon with an eye patch?

Though I am a redcoat, I think there's way too many in the banner! I miss more pirates and some islanders would be nice too. Glad you skipped thodse lousy bluecoats pir_laugh2.gifpirate_laugh_new.gif

I'm not a social media type so I'd gladly see the social div elsewhere when reading a topic or at least give it some more delay so it dous'nt jump everytime I scroll over it.

But the overall look and feel is really great!

The skin looks great, and the only thing I dont like is this widget 2ni7im9.jpg

Its place seems a bit off, and the widget itself seems obsolete as the links to fb, youtube, flicker and twitter are in the upper right corner. But that's just me... pirate_satisfied.gif

Other than that, as I said, it looks really nice, with the "post" and "MRO" buttons being my favorites.

Its place seems a bit off, and the widget itself seems obsolete as the links to fb, youtube, flicker and twitter are in the upper right corner. But that's just me... pirate_satisfied.gif

The links in the upper-right are direct links to the Classic-Pirates.com Social Media Profiles.

The widget is for sharing the thread via your Social Media profile.

Looks good for me. Great job putting this new skin together. This looks so much different than the old one. pirate_look.gif

Captain Becker

Beautiful skin, well done. Very pleasant to the eyes.

The new skin is awesome!! All your hard work has finally paid off. Everyone involved did an excellent job!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Wow, this looks fantastic! I hope some other bits of the site can get such a glorious makeover over time. Outstanding job everyone.

It would look a whole lot more classy and less cluttered/childish if you replaced the water background with a solider super dark color.

That water texture is the straw that breaks the camels back when it comes to making it look overdesigned forcing the caribbean/pirate theme far too much.

Very stunning design! I really like the patterns on the panels and everything, it really looks pirateishpirate_classic.gif

I really never post in the Pirate section, but this is a vast improvement of the previous one!

Awesome job, guys!

-Sci

It would look a whole lot more classy and less cluttered/childish if you replaced the water background with a solider super dark color.

That water texture is the straw that breaks the camels back when it comes to making it look overdesigned forcing the caribbean/pirate theme far too much.

I couldn't disagree more, the water is my favorite part. It makes it all look so alive and vibrant.

A dozen different backgrounds were tested, ranging from light to dark, a little texture to a lot of texture. The current background was voted most suitable by the test group.

Having said that, I personally don't like how the the current background clashes with some of the banners, so there will probably be a revision at some point in the future.

Thank you Mister Phes!

Having access to the testing forum I can assure the members that you worked hard on this for a very long time.

It looks fantastic!

It's so beautiful ! Very happy to see it in action. The water is absolutely brilliant during the day time, though yes I agree for 'night time' and 'sunset' it should be recoloured to be in sync with the main banner. Nevertheless, I am really enjoying seeing the different photos all put together, you've done it so well Mr Phes !

Yummy, I love it all, don't forget to give yourself some credit pirate_classic.gif .

Looks beautiful! (The colors still seem a bit pale, but I've checked on other screens, and I see it's just low saturation on my end). A big thanks to all those involved!

pirate_oh3.gif

I see my Islanders rock!

First time I see the finished Islanders banner, I love it pirate_wink.gif .

Edited by Sebeus I

Apologies for the thread bump gentlemen....its been a few months since I was last on so this update is all new to me. Im very impressed by the new forum skin, has a very nice classic look to it!pirate_classic.gif