Sign in to follow this  
oDDerFisken

The penguin

thindexedgif.gif 25d

Found this at brickshelf.

Even though it's a bit poor i actually kind a like it. It's simpel, and ofcourse it's not so impressive as the Arbiter II for instance, but i think it has got the features for a small boat.

But i must admit that it would have been a lot nicer if the builder had made he's own cannons. some smaller one's. 'Caus i think those onboard is too big for the ship.

pe1.jpg

Brickshelf Gallery: The Penguin

Nice ship, I like the colour-scheme and the way it's made with those sixwide hullpieces.

The cannons are way to big, one "broadside" and the ship will turn over completely... *sweet*

Yes, but you have to understand that lots of people don't have lots of pirate lego bricks, so i would not say it's poor. Nice simple design which i like.

Yes, I Agree with Optimax. I only think the mast is a bit strange, but the rest is fine, And with a few sails and figs, this could become deadly!

That creator should be introduced to the Custom Cannons index! :-P

Nice little cutter, altough I prefer a little more colours...

Mr Tiber

ofcourse it's not so impressive as the Arbiter II for instance

Ohh the ship even gets referred to by name in the abstract like people should know what you are talking about, now that is a step in the right direction for the Arbiter II (thanks for saying it is 'impressive')!

Anyhow as for the penguin, I think making smaller ships to some degree might actually be harder than the giants we've been seeing lately! The hull shape and constuction are very nice and I think there are some decent details here, even in such a compressed space!

I also love the name given the overall look of the MOC.

I would agree that the cannons are probably too big for the MOC and some sails would be nice, but I think it has potential!

Why is the mast strange? It's the same like any other? Just because of that top piece below the flag?

It's a nice ship. Nice color. Good use of those hulls!

Even though it's a bit poor i actually kind a like it. It's simpel, and ofcourse it's not so impressive as the Arbiter II for instance, but i think it has got the features for a small boat.

But i must admit that it would have been a lot nicer if the builder had made he's own cannons. some smaller one's. 'Caus i think those onboard is too big for the ship.

I wouldn't say this MOC is poor, I think it looks like a very promising WIP. It would be good if the builder could finish it off a bit more and add sails, cannons, etc.

But I do like the architecture of the hull, it looks very nice and I'll give it extra points from being brick built. I'd like to see more ships of this size with brick built hulls in fact.

I wouldn't say this MOC is poor, I think it looks like a very promising WIP. It would be good if the builder could finish it off a bit more and add sails, cannons, etc.

But I do like the architecture of the hull, it looks very nice and I'll give it extra points from being brick built. I'd like to see more ships of this size with brick built hulls in fact.

I agree. Like I said, I think small ships in many ways are harder to build and still look good! I also like the color scheme given the name.

But I won't consider the hull 'brick built' in the traditional sense. technically speaking, I guess it is brickbuilt in that it doesn't us a unified hull, but the ship does use the 'bow' pieces from many sets used to make hulls for smaller boats.

It uses several of 2626.png pieces which I think is different than the large brick built hulls we have seen on other ships as the bow on this fella is a fixed piece

2626.png

How long have these pieces been around?

there were some white ones on the ITP. so at least 1992!!

Why is the mast strange? It's the same like any other? Just because of that top piece below the flag?

No, It was because of the part that holds the sail. I was looking at it from the angle in the picture already is, and that is why I thought it was weird. I realised what part it is, so now it just looks normal.

I think Z is right about 1992 being when this brick was introduced.

6057b.jpg was also introduced in 1992.

And its got 4 of those 6 wide bricks.

30047.gif

Also, if this mast top were used instead.

The mast would be a lot shorter and more proportional.

P

Well to be technical it was the ship that was included with the Imperial Trading Post, not the Imperial Trading Post itself. And the ship I refer to is the only ship in the Pirate theme with what I'd call a brick built hull - its only got one of those pieces though.

Well to be technical it was the ship that was included with the Imperial Trading Post, not the Imperial Trading Post itself.

Well I, of course, was referencing the whole set.

And the ship I refer to is the only ship in the Pirate theme with what I'd call a brick built hull - its only got one of those pieces though.

Oh on the contrary! there are TWO in that set, one white and one black!

Ah yes, indeed you are correct Mr ZCerberus. Do you own the ship in question?

Nope!

I think the ITP is the only Imperial Guard set I never owned!

Maybe it was this regret that lead to the building of Fort Brighton.

Fort Brighton is far superior to the Imperial Trading Post, however, its not too late, you could always buy one off eBay or BrickLink and then your Imperial Guard collection would be complete.

Fort Brighton is far superior to the Imperial Trading Post, however, its not too late, you could always buy one off eBay or BrickLink and then your Imperial Guard collection would be complete.

That's true, but I don't know where I would put it! the attic already has problems fitting everything!

The "addict" (I.e. you) or the "attic"? :-D

Well I am addicted to the Legos in the attic, so maybe both?