de Gothia

Home of de Gothia

After the Victor´s defeat, de Gothia started building a new home for Lena and his son Albion. The castle was built close to the great river Avonmora and the Village of Sionnach. Today an old friend was about to visit the almost complete castle.

-Look mother! It´s Leo!! shouted Albion.

-Yes my son, he is here now. Lena answered.

-Can I meet him? Please!? Albion was about to leave the balcony and run to meet Legonardo.

-Soon, first father will greet him. I´m sure they have a lot to catch up to do.

-Hmpf!

-My friend! How are you?! I see that you have visited the barber of Glevum?!

-Haha, well I figured it was about time that I see you with a nice hair!

The old friends hugged eachother. They had so much to tell each other....

C&C as always, most welcome!

This will be part of a larger moc, showing the whole new castle of de Gothia. See the last pic for part two. My last freebuild for the great chapter one!

9169583524_f5df3163cd.jpg

9167365015_2132c5f040.jpg

9167367243_e23821cf1d.jpg

9169602034_72fc36e6ef.jpg

Neat build! I like the color scheme. I like the subtle wall texturing. The well is a nice construction too.

I like the story that goes with it.

Keep up the good work!

I really need to make more builds/stories with my people.

Great work! My favorite part is the sand green woodwork, excellent use of the half-stud offset!

Looking forward to seeing more of this castle!

Thanks! Glad you like it! :)

There are no hands in the turntable, just brick with stud on one side.

Lovely build! That offset stud wall is great -- how do you keep them in there? Move it very carefully?

Thanks!:)

The sand green parts sits on a jumper plate. On top lay's tiles. After that I put on plates.

Thanks!:)

The sand green parts sits on a jumper plate. On top lay's tiles. After that I put on plates.

That would make sense :) Really cool! I will have to try it sometime.

Lovely, the buildings built into the walls look superb and the well is excellent :thumbup: The courtyard feels a little bare for the most part though. The covered entrance in part two is looking great, anticipating some amazing sections to complete the castle :classic:

That looks so promising! I really like the sand green, when my lugbulk arrives I have to use that for sure! And Albion grows fast indeed.

Lovely build de Gothia. I really admire the inset panels with the half studs. The castle setting really makes the sand green stand out. It looks somehow quite realistic for an inner courtyard. Nice figure posing too.

:classic:

I love the construction of green olive, something that stands out is the stone work with the arches. :thumbup:

Very nice! Love the houses! Can't wait to see it finished! :sweet:

Awesome :thumbup: :thumbup: I love the union between wood and rocks walls :wink:

de Gothia has a really beautifull house!!! Awesome job on this one dG!!!

Great job, the inset sandgreen works really well, I'll have to remember that technique! Also, a minor detail, but it's really neat the way you put the lower (Mitgardian and Avalonian) flags blowing in the wind... very nice touch! :thumbup:

I love the use of the sand green brown combo on the grey walls. Great combination, and looks really natural. Can't wait to see more of it!

Great one! Nice colors, nice builds and I really like the "clean" look the whole thing has!

Sand green and reddish brown look great together!

Ooh, this looks promising - i hope to see more of this as it progresses! Are you planning to texture the ground (courtyard) some more, or just leave it as bare studs?

Thanks!!:) really glad you liked it!

The courtyard was full if plates and tiles at first but it gave such a messy look so I took it away. Have to come up with something as it do feel bare and empty

I would consider doing it in tiles to represent stone on the ground. I'd think of it as a pattern. I am rather partial to the parquet look of 2 1x2 tiles side by side, then right next to them, have another 2 1x2 tiles in the other direction, just to give off a more patterned look.

This is really inspiring. I want to do something similar for my figure now. I just need the idea to make it happen.

Keep up the great work!