I Scream Clone

Team Beta Community Build MOC's

Could all Team Beta members post their entries here and discuss any and all facets of the build please.

ISC (Group Beta Leader)

Sandy

Stash2sixx

Thrash

Captain Green Hair

LasseD

randomparrot

Skipper24

Buttons

Glorious Shadow

Dennimator

Genaral armendariz

Arawos

3d Brickthing

CastleLord

darkagent

Cap'n Blackmoor

Have fun and start building! :classic:

Please consult this topic for all the build specifications.

Reference list

layout_v8.jpg

keep_v8.jpg

Edited by I Scream Clone

Great, we have the coolest team ever, we'll show them! :grin:

Is there a list to choose buildings from anywhere?

It might be handy to have our neccesary info in here to save us searching for it.

Great, i choose to do a tavern!

Is it allowed to build a second storie on to the wall?

I'm not sure about building the outer wall onto the modules themselves. Maybe it could be a separate structure that could be attached to the buildings if one wants to?

Trash's chart doesn't take second floors in consideration either, but I support them - especially in the castle keep itself. Having the whole castle in just one floor looks silly in my opinion. There's not enough rooms in the chart for the castle, either.

I'd like to take my chance on the princess' chamber now. I'll build it in two modules: the chamber itself with three walls, and a hallway module that has the door into the room on one wall and windows to the courtyard on the opposite wall. Hope you're all fine with this! :wink:

Looking at the map, the docks are attached to the tavern. This seems a bit unlogic as you would find a warehouse there i think?

If i take a 32 x 32 baseplate i might be able to fit both in, together with the docks...?

Think about a crane and what not there....who ever thought my pirate skills would come in handy in castles :grin:

I'll make sure the walls connect to the system ofcourse.

hehe go guys, and girls! go ^^ I'm looking forward to see your creations!

Great, i choose to do a tavern!

Is it allowed to build a second storie on to the wall?

Walls are a base start of 12 high though they only have to be 12 high on each end so as to link up to other modules.

Here is a basic design, the only thing that matters for the group is the placement of the pins at 1,6, and 11.

Wall001.jpgWall002.jpgWall003.jpg

Seems like everyone wants to do all the structures on the left side. I guess since both groups seem to want to do this, we could both give it a shot and then have the community vote on which groups they like better. If we do the right side, I'll do the blacksmith since I already have that done. If we work on the left side, I'll go for the thieves guild.

~Thrash

I like a challenge, so I will help taking those parts that others might not want... and build something awesome on those 16x16s

Count the Model Team truck builder in :classic:

I'd like to take my chance on the princess' chamber now. I'll build it in two modules: the chamber itself with three walls, and a hallway module that has the door into the room on one wall and windows to the courtyard on the opposite wall. Hope you're all fine with this! :wink:

Go for it, this must be the post I didn't see last night :grin::wink:

Seems like everyone wants to do all the structures on the left side. I guess since both groups seem to want to do this, we could both give it a shot and then have the community vote on which groups they like better. If we do the right side, I'll do the blacksmith since I already have that done. If we work on the left side, I'll go for the thieves guild.

~Thrash

Doesn't matter what you build mate, I got you down for the thieves guild :thumbup:

I like a challenge, so I will help taking those parts that others might not want... and build something awesome on those 16x16s

Count the Model Team truck builder in :classic:

So you think you can waltz in and join the cooler group hey? Well I cant deny the community :grin: you and Adam are in.

Please let me know your choice so I can cross it off the list and avoid doubling up :thumbup:

Edited by I Scream Clone

So you think you can waltz in and just join the coolest group hey?! :tongue: You and Adam are in so just let me know your choice and I will cross it off the list.

cheers

Thanks. I will take the blacksmith now that undertaker isn't on the list.

So you think you can waltz in and just join the coolest group hey?! :tongue: You and Adam are in so just let me know your choice and I will cross it off the list.

cheers

Edit

That said, I like the blacksmith because I have a couple of ideas for it. I should be able to build others instead if we have someone who is burning for that building (or already has built it).

2, 9, 10, 13, 17, 18, 22, 24 are all interesting, although some would require a trip to wikipedia. The pole turner, for instance, isn't a strip club apparently...

Edited by Lasse D

Just want to clarify here....

Are we still building our wall starting on the second stud from the edge and back, like originally? Because I'm looking at the new demo ISC did and I just want to make sure.

And thank you for showing me how we are doing a 12 brick high wall, now I just need to change mine up slightly. But are all the walls going to be 4 deep now?

If these new changes are already discussed in the main discussion topic, I will come back and edit. This was just the first topic I checked on tonight.

Edit

That said, I like the blacksmith because I have a couple of ideas for it. I should be able to build others instead if we have someone who is burning for that building (or already has built it).

2, 9, 10, 13, 17, 18, 22, 24 are all interesting, although some would require a trip to wikipedia. The pole turner, for instance, isn't a strip club apparently...

Blacksmith is a fine choice LasseD, so you go for it.

Just want to clarify here....

Are we still building our wall starting on the second stud from the edge and back, like originally? Because I'm looking at the new demo ISC did and I just want to make sure.

And thank you for showing me how we are doing a 12 brick high wall, now I just need to change mine up slightly. But are all the walls going to be 4 deep now?

If these new changes are already discussed in the main discussion topic, I will come back and edit. This was just the first topic I checked on tonight.

Well I started out with the intent of a 3 brick wall, but im just sooo tired at the moment that 4 is what you get, sorry but it adds a little more playability on the catwalk I guess. As far as placement on the plate lets keep it as is

second stud from the edge and back

Sweet, now I need sleep.

I got busy busy busy and finished the princess' chamber that I started last night! I'm not sure exactly where this would go on Trash's map, but I'm thinking somewhere on the second floor of the keep...

There were some choices that had to be made:

- I chose old light grey as the color of the walls, since it's the shade I have the most

- the dimensions of the chamber itself are 16x16, but with the hallway module (16x8 in itself), the entire structure is 16 wide and 22 deep. I tried to build it to 16x16, but everything just got too cramped.

- the height is 7 bricks, plus the bottom baseplate and the top smooth plate.

- in the chamber, one wall is open, since that wall is part of the hallway.

- the tower on the outer wall exceeds the limits, but it doesn't prevent anything to be built below or above the chamber.

- I chose the new dark blue and gold flags to represent the castle colors (since I think most of us have those flags), but they can of course be changed to everyone's liking.

- the roof of the tower is sand green simply because I have roof-pieces of that color. The roof can easily be left out if someone doesn't like it.

Now onto the pictures, where you'll see what I've made with your own eyes. Be forewarned that there are loads of pictures!

Front view with the hallway:

chamber3.jpg

Back view with the tower:

chamber2.jpg

Left side:

chamber4.jpg

Right side:

chamber6.jpg

View from straight above, which gives you a better idea of the dimensions:

chamber20.jpg

The room module separated from the hallway module:

chamber8.jpg

The hallway with a suit of armor and the door to the chamber:

chamber9.jpg

Here is the chamber without it's resident princess and her chambermaid. Note the cute cat on the bed:

chamber18.jpg

The left side of the chamber itself with a fireplace:

chamber11.jpg

The right side with a curious looking bookshelf and a spinning wheel:

chamber12.jpg

The bookshelf turns to reveal a passageway to...

chamber15.jpg

... The princess' dressing room! It's attached to the chamber with hinges to allow better access:

chamber13.jpg

There's makeup and perfumes and dresses aplenty!

chamber16.jpg

And as promised, these modules can be stacked and switched around to your own liking:

chamber19.jpg

So, I'll be looking forward to your opinions! This MOC is right next to me on the table, so if there's any suggestions on how to improve it, I can try them out! :wink:

Edited by Sandy

I've already done a blacksmith shop that just needs a few finishing touches and then it will be good to go. If you still want to build a blacksmith shop, that's fine though...we can have the community vote on which one they like better! A little competition never hurt anyone, eh? Also, you could just do the poleturner or fletcher or something...those are similar to a blacksmith shop but need to be done :classic:

As for the undertaker, it seems like the plans of the castle are pretty liquid, so it would be easy for you to add one in. Not only do we have the Wild Card spot, but we could always just expand the castle and add two more spots in...

Sandy, I love your princess chamber. I'm thinking about messing with the layout a bit later today to account for some changes that people seem to want to make. For example, I'll add in a little hallway around the inside of the Keep since what you did looks so nice. Also, I guess I'll look at the other groups thread to see what they're doing with the front gatehouse dimensions and then maybe expand the layout to make room for two more 16x16 plots (ideas: falconer, undertaker, potter, bakery). It seems like there is a lot more interest in doing the civilian type structures like the Joke Shop, so I figured that we could add a few more like that.

~Thrash

That was what I feared.

The blacksmith was not crossed out, so I assumed it was to be built for this project.

And we are just supposed to build? What about the guidelines for the building? If we all build shops like the one proposed in the main thread, there will not be space enough for the roofs.

And are the walls supposed to take up 4x16 of our 16x16 plates?

I'll be watching the main thread for the answers as well, but right now there are quite a lot of them unanswered.

My apologies to you LasseD, Im a little sleep deprived at the moment and didn't notice that Thrash had selected Blacksmith.

The choice is still yours though. You can double up, as Blacksmith is always a popular choice, or you can try something new. I don't mind.

As for the walls, only one side needs to be 4 thick, and you can always cut an alcove into the four thickness if you need more room. It really only needs to be 4 thick at each end and on top for moving around. Try a few things out and post here for critique and compliments.

Sandy this is looking fantastic, I love all the bright colours in the bedroom. Really befitting of a wealthy princess. The secret wall to the closet is brilliant, fireplace is great, even the purple rug on the floor is great ( I prefer tiles for this though)

May I suggest a very easy photo booth idea for you. You take a cardboard box and halfway along the flat piece you cut in halfway to make a slit. Then you can fold it into a corner. You can paint it white or cover in white paper.

Heres a pic of mine.

01Studio.jpg

Since we already have a blacksmith (nearly), I will go for the carpenter.

I would have tried the pole turner or fletcher, but realizing that I don't know what they are, I asked myself: WWJD?

Sandy this is looking fantastic, I love all the bright colours in the bedroom. Really befitting of a wealthy princess. The secret wall to the closet is brilliant, fireplace is great, even the purple rug on the floor is great ( I prefer tiles for this though)

I actually think that smoothing everything up is totally unnecessary and makes furnishing and placing minifigs too difficult. :tongue: Besides, I don't even have that many smooth plates... The purple carpet was supposed to look fuzzy and thick, in any case. :grin:

May I suggest a very easy photo booth idea for you. You take a cardboard box and halfway along the flat piece you cut in halfway to make a slit. Then you can fold it into a corner. You can paint it white or cover in white paper.

Thanks for the tip! I think I will build a photo booth of my own one day. :wink:

I got busy busy busy and finished the princess' chamber that I started last night! I'm not sure exactly where this would go on Trash's map, but I'm thinking somewhere on the second floor of the keep...

[.. lots of pictures and stuff snipped away..]

So, I'll be looking forward to your opinions! This MOC is right next to me on the table, so if there's any suggestions on how to improve it, I can try them out! :wink:

As I am a sucker for tiled floors I just have to say that I think it would look better with tiles (yes, I know, you don't like them :wink:) The furniture is very good, my personal favourite would have to be the spinning wheel, love that, and the bed is great too.

I do think a window in the round part would be good, is that planned to be part of a tower btw? I think it should be part of a tower, that would look great. :sweet: Then again, a window there would let someone else high up in a tower to look straight inn on the princess in bed.. hmm :tongue:

And also I think the carpet would benefit from being bigger, perhaps 4x6 or 6x6. That it's purple is great though, it looks like something a princess would have.

Since we already have a blacksmith (nearly), I will go for the carpenter.

I would have tried the pole turner or fletcher, but realizing that I don't know what they are, I asked myself: WWJD?

He would have checked Wikipedia, of course :tongue:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodturning#History (at least that's what I think the pole turner refers to, whoever that added it to the list is welcome to clarify) and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fletching

Edited by Quarryman

As I am a sucker for tiled floors I just have to say that I think it would look better with tiles (yes, I know, you don't like them :wink:) The furniture is very good, my personal favourite would have to be the spinning wheel, love that, and the bed is great too.

And also I think the carpet would benefit from being bigger, perhaps 4x6 or 6x6. That it's purple is great though, it looks like something a princess would have.

He would have checked Wikipedia, of course :tongue:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodturning#History (at least that's what I think the pole turner refers to, whoever that added it to the list is welcome to clarify) and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fletching

I agree...it would look a lot more finished if you tiled it. Tiling the floor would also make your plush purple carpet stick out even more.Also, I love the spinning wheel. That's an awesome detail I wouldn't have thought to put in there.

Ah, yes. That's exactly what I meant when I put Poleturner on the list. I envisioned a little shop with some woodturning going on and then maybe a few polearms (spears, pikes, etc.) on display.

Hope that helps!

~Thrash

I agree...it would look a lot more finished if you tiled it. Tiling the floor would also make your plush purple carpet stick out even more.

But tiling the entire floor would cause me too much of a headache! :tongue: The door wouldn't be able to swing open, I couldn't freely place the furniture or the minifigs (the studs are there to keep them in place!) and I would quickly run out of tiles anyway.

So I'm sorry, but I'm still against tiling the floor. I made my chamber with accessibility and playability in mind, not just for looks.

Quarryman: I'm not sure what you mean by adding a window to the tower part. I obviously can't make a window to the round parts, but I intentionally left small holes below the roof to let the "light trickle in" from above. A king wouldn't want too many windows on his daughter's room for dashing young knights to climb in through, now would he? :tongue:

Next, I'd like to build the Wizard's Tower, but I'd like it to be a part of the castle rather than standing next to the outer wall. It is a tower, anyway, so it should stand out. :wink:

Edited by Sandy

Another idea for Sandy, is a stained glass window. You take these 3680c02.gif without the spinning part and slot them into a 1 x 6 x 2 3307.gif arch, and cover with bright 1 x1s

Just a thought. :classic:

Quarryman: I'm not sure what you mean by adding a window to the tower part. I obviously can't make a window to the round parts, but I intentionally left small holes below the roof to let the "light trickle in" from above. A king wouldn't want too many windows on his daughter's room for dashing young knights to climb in through, now would he? :tongue:

Well, adding a window would of course require that you move the quarter cylinder panels out one stud, at least, to make an opening. Not sure how well it would work, I did a quick mock-up in MLcad with exaggerated colours to show the idea though:

windowdesign.png

I have no idea how well it will work IRB though. And I didn't add the other walls, left as an exercise for the reader or something :tongue:

As for having dashing young knights climb in the window; with you designing the princess' chamber I'd be more worried about the princess climbing out to go on adventures :tongue: (which should be possible though, don't you think?)