Sign in to follow this  
Khorne

Heroica RPG - Quest#111: No Fear of the Setting Sun

111_logo_zps853eb4fe.jpg

Three brand-new and eager Heroes had been selected to find information on the lost missionary. They trotted through the winding streets of Eubric and soon found themselves at the footsteps of the grand Temple of Ennoc. The fresh Heroes were...

The Party:

photo-10643.jpg?_r=1407427718

Leofwein Twynam (Capt.JohnPaul) *Party Leader*

18 Year Old Human Barbarian

Level 1

Power
: 4
(1 + 3)

Defense
: 0

Health:
8/8
(8)

Gold:

Equipment:
War Axe (WP:3)

Inventory:
Potion, Mead, First Aid Kit (Completely restores health and removes all negative effects for the entire party once.)

ava-lynne.jpg

Lynne (Endgame)

(20)24 Year Old Human Cleric

Level 1

Power:
(1 + 3)

Health:
9/9
(9)

Ether:
5/5
(5)

Gold:

Equipment:
Oak Staff (WP: 3)

Inventory:
Potion, Remedy

14830596664_ec8ca33a41_t.jpg

Polly & Mr. Sanders (Waterbrick Down)

9 year old female human Mage

Level 1

Power:
(1 + 3)

Health:
5/5
(5)

Ether:
5/5
(5)

Gold:

Equipment:
Letter Opener (WP: 3, dagger)

Inventory:
Potion, Amethyst

As the trio arrived at the magnificent building, they didn't really notice anyone waiting for them. Aside from the two guards, the premises seemed rather devoid of Paladins.

ennoc_temple_zps5e91a4aa.jpg

Unsure of the course of action to take, the party ascended the steps and made their way inside the House of Light and Justice. There, they were greeted by a friendly priestess.

ennoc_temple_inside_zpsb3a83e7c.jpg

av_priestess_zps89de6d98.png

"Greetings and salutations, strangers. How can I be of assistance?", the priestess queried in a soft voice.

QM Note:

A hearty welcome to my players! As always you have 24 hours to confirm your participation. Please check your stats and notify me in case I missed any last-minute purchases of any kind. Let's hope we'll have a good time together! :grin:

Also, don't worry, not all pics are rip-offs. The next ones will be my own :tongue:

Lynne silentlty trods up the steps of the magnificent ivory edifice, a look of amazement twinkling in her eyes. It was so much different than the place she came from. Her bag was lighter than she had expected - she had not realized tonics were so very expensive - but the building soon replaced her mild dissapointment with awe.

"Oh, hello there... Would you be a priestess here? We are here on the request of someone named... Orel Cayne, I think his name was.

And, this question really only relates to me, but... You are a priestess of Ennoc, right? Who is he? I'm afraid I've been... Out of the loop, for a while."

The priestess raised an eyebrow at the mention of 'Orel Cayne' and was about to speak, but then turned the subject to Ennoc to answer Lynne's other question. Her soft remained soft, but there was a certain surge in excitement that could be noticed when she spoke of the deity. Her eyes lit up and when she talked, it seemed as if she was reminiscing about some long-gone summer love, so deep was her attachment to the Lord of Light.

"Oh, you silly girl! Everybody knows Ennoc. He is the Sun and the Light, omnipresent in Olegaia for without the Sun or Light, there can be no growth. He is Justice, the fabric that shapes and holds our society together. Without Justice and laws, we'd descend into chaos. We'd be naught but barbarians. Ennoc watches over us Humans and bathes us in his Warmth and stands vigilant of our interests."

"The Eagle God nurtures and guides us. For what are we without Light and Justice, girl?," the priestess paused and smiled, "Nothing, darling, nothing. Savages. Barbarians. Cold-hearted individuals. We all need his Light, lest we spiral downwards and turn into degenerates without culture. Some in the Order takes this more serious than others. I, myself, believe that, as long as you try to do the right thing and allow Ennoc into your heart, that you'll be alright."

The priestess blinked and shook her head slightly. Alisameth blushed lightly as she remembered Lynne originally had another question, too.

"I'm sorry, dear, I got carried away. What was it you asked again?"

Lynne was baffled be the priestess's sudden surge of enthusiasm, but she soon finds herself hypnotized by her words.

"I... He sounds great, priestess. I'm sorry if I don't know who he is... I, uh, spent a long time in captivity. My captor was a monster. The bastard abused me in ways I can't even remember, and tried to alter my mind to idolize him, to love what he was doing. And for a time, I did. He's the one who gave me this new skin tone of mine."

Lynne looks sadly at her bleached hands.

"Not too attractive, is it?

I think someone like Ennoc may be what I need, priestess.

Anyway... Have you heard of a man named Orel cayne? We're here at his call."

Alisameth spoke up again, this time more hesitant, her speech pattern interrupted by long pauses between words.

"Orel... Cayne? Can't really say I know that man. Would you mind expanding on the business you have with that man? Or introduce yourselves for that matter?"

The priestess chuckled. "Where are my manners? My name is Alisameth. I'm the High Priestess here at the Eubric Temple of Ennoc."

Leofwein arrives and steps up. "Aye, you don't know an Orel? Huh. I am Leofwein Twynam, l am leading this group from Heroica. This Orel fella asked for assistance in searching for some servant of Ennoc that went missing or something."

"Pleased to met you, High Priestess." Leofwein says.

Polly dragging her bear behind did her best to push through the taller two heroes, eyes wide at the sheer size of the temple.

"I'm Polly, and this is Mr. Sanders. Do you get to live here?"

The priestess' eyes widened when she saw Polly making her way through the other heroes. Her smile turned wider. She bent her knee a little, so she was on eye level with the latest hero to arrive.

"Hello, child. That's quite a nice bear you have there. Are you lost? Can I help you with something," Alisameth politely asked, completely oblivious of the fact that Polly was one of the heroes. She let out another chuckle when hearing the child's question.

"I spend most of my time here, performing my duties. Lord Ennoc's spirit is what truly lives here, though. Seeing most of my life revolves around this Temple, one could say I live here, but my real home is someplace else, however."

Alisameth then stood up again and focused her attention on the other matter at hand.

"Ah, Heroica!," she exclaimed excitedly, "I don't know Orel Cayne by name or in person, but now that you mention the whole missionary debacle, plus the fact that you're from Heroica...Yes, it does ring a bell. You have to excuse me for not catching on quite as fast."

"There was a Paladin here for some time, but I didn't really get his name, but he's probably the Orel you're looking for. He did vaguely mention that he had been tasked with locating that missing missionary. I do hope you find that man, though. Lost children of Our Lord deserve to be found. As for Orel, I don't think he's here any more... I believe he left the Temple some time before you arrived. From what I saw, he was heading towards the docks."

Alisameth spoke up again, this time more hesitant, her speech pattern interrupted by long pauses between words.

"Orel... Cayne? Can't really say I know that man. Would you mind expanding on the business you have with that man? Or introduce yourselves for that matter?"

The priestess chuckled. "Where are my manners? My name is Alisameth. I'm the High Priestess here at the Eubric Temple of Ennoc."

"A... High Priestess? Should I be bowing or something, Alisameth? I'm sorry if I'm a bit clueless...

Anyway, my name is Lynne."

Polly dragging her bear behind did her best to push through the taller two heroes, eyes wide at the sheer size of the temple.

"I'm Polly, and this is Mr. Sanders. Do you get to live here?"

"Oh, so you are questing with us, little girl... I hope you'll be okay."

"There was a Paladin here for some time, but I didn't really get his name, but he's probably the Orel you're looking for. He did vaguely mention that he had been tasked with locating that missing missionary. I do hope you find that man, though. Lost children of Our Lord deserve to be found. As for Orel, I don't think he's here any more... I believe he left the Temple some time before you arrived. From what I saw, he was heading towards the docks."

"Thank you for the information, High Priestess."

The priestess' eyes widened when she saw Polly making her way through the other heroes. Her smile turned wider. She bent her knee a little, so she was on eye level with the latest hero to arrive.

"Hello, child. That's quite a nice bear you have there. Are you lost? Can I help you with something," Alisameth politely asked, completely oblivious of the fact that Polly was one of the heroes. She let out another chuckle when hearing the child's question.

"Yes he is and no I'm not lost." Polly crossed her arms. "I'm here to find the missing mission person."

"Oh, so you are questing with us, little girl... I hope you'll be okay."

Polly grinned at Lynne. "Oh I'll be OK, actually it's Mr. Sanders we should be worried about. He's afraid of water."

"Aye? We hab a little girl? Umm... well..." Leofwein looks at Lynne. "Thou want to watch after her?"

"Aye? We hab a little girl? Umm... well..." Leofwein looks at Lynne. "Thou want to watch after her?"

"Hey, I can take care of myself, Mr. Never-been-in-a-fight-before." Polly stuck out her tongue at the Barbarian.

"We're all going to have to watch eachother's backs. End of story." Lynne shrugs.

"Thank you. Can you tell us more about this lost child?"

"Well, it's not really a child, per se. He's actually an adult. I was using the phrase "Child of Ennoc" in a figurative way, like "lost sheep" aren't always actual sheep."

"Anyway, there's not really a whole lot I can tell you about it. No doubt the man you're looking for --this Orel-- will be able to tell you more. After all, I just take care of this Temple and see to the everyday religious needs of the Eubric citizenry. Missionaries --those who worship Ennoc and wish to spread his Warmth, Light and faith to other regions through travel and conversion-- report to the convents of Ennoc. There's one outside Eubric, but it's a bit of travel. Plus, if memory serves me right, that's a convent for females, Sisters of the Light if you will, only. The missionary you're looking for most likely came from someplace else."

"A... High Priestess? Should I be bowing or something, Alisameth? I'm sorry if I'm a bit clueless...

Anyway, my name is Lynne."

The priestess bowed slightly and laughed softly.

"Pleased to meet you, Lynne. No, you don't have to bow to me. I'm just another Human being. Nothing more, nothing less."

"Yes he is and no I'm not lost." Polly crossed her arms. "I'm here to find the missing mission person."

Alisameth was somewhat taken aback by young Polly's statement. Her eyes widened with amazement and for a second she did not really know how to react.

"Uhm, they sure grow 'em young these days at Heroica. Safe travels young one. May Ennoc protect you. May he protect you all on your quest."

"We're all going to have to watch eachother's backs. End of story." Lynne shrugs.

"That is correct. We should always watch eachothers' backs."

"Is there anything else you'd like to ask before you leave? Would you care to join me in prayer, so the Eagle God of Justice and Light may bestow his blessing and protection upon you for this mission ahead of you? Or are none of you the religious type? It's your choice, of course. I can't force anyone to worship Ennoc, now can I? I'll be sure to keep all of you in my prayers."

"Eh. My bretheren do some prayer before battle. I'm not sure which god they mean but it cant hurt? Girls, are thee in favor?"

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

Lynne ponders a bit before answering.

"...Yes, I would like to."

"Alright, then, follow me, please."

The high priestess led the party deeper inside the Temple and then lit some candles at the feet of the deity's statue.

"It's not that hard, really. You just kind of have to open your mind and heart to let Ennoc's light enter. You just say a prayer and thank or ask the god for his blessing. Sometimes he hears you immediatly, sometimes he doesn't, but you can rest assured that Ennoc will always have your backs."

The party followed Alisameth's example and followed her in a brief prayer to the god. It seemed like some had a closer connection with the divine than others. Both Polly's and Lynne's prayers were heard and they felt the blessed by the deity.

"Wow, Ennoc must truly love you! Now, anything else?"

What will the party do now? Do they have any further questions or will they head to the docks?

The Party:

photo-10643.jpg?_r=1407427718

Leofwein Twynam (Capt.JohnPaul) *Party Leader*

18 Year Old Human Barbarian

Level 1

Power
: 4
(1 + 3)

Defense
: 0

Health:
8/8
(8)

Gold:

Equipment:
War Axe (WP:3)

Inventory:
Potion, Mead, First Aid Kit (Completely restores health and removes all negative effects for the entire party once.)

ava-lynne.jpg

Lynne (Endgame)
*Blessed*

(20)24 Year Old Human Cleric

Level 1

Power:
(1 + 3)

Health:
9/9
(9)

Ether:
5/5
(5)

Gold:

Equipment:
Oak Staff (WP: 3)

Inventory:
Potion, Remedy

14830596664_ec8ca33a41_t.jpg

Polly & Mr. Sanders (Waterbrick Down)
*Blessed*

9 year old female human Mage

Level 1

Power:
(1 + 3)

Health:
5/5
(5)

Ether:
5/5
(5)

Gold:

Equipment:
Letter Opener (WP: 3, dagger)

Inventory:
Potion, Amethyst

Polly wasn't sure about the whole prayer experience. She definitely felt more at peace than she had in a long while, but Mr. Sanders seemed restless and that always set the girl ill at ease. "I'm ready too. Thank you talky lady," Polly smiled and waved goodbye.

"Very well, then. I'll leave you all to your job. Don't hesitate to come visit the Temple again. My services and advice are always at your disposal."

The high priestess gave another of her warm smiles and the party made ready to leave. Before they had fully excited the building, Alisameth lay her hand on Lynne's shoulder and quietly said, so only she could hear: "Don't ever apologize for the way you look, child. It's who you are within that truly matters. People will judge you more by what you do."

And so the party left the Temple of Ennoc and the high priestess and made their way through Eubric. The air in the narrow streets was hot and the city was teeming with life. As they neared the docks, the smell of salty water and fish entered the party's nostrils. Seagulls cried in the sky and waves gentle crashed onto the quay.

The Eubric docks were a large place and as one of the most important places for commerce, the area seemed to be crawling with merchants, soldiers, mercenaries, fishermen and many other individuals. Finding the Paladin would be like finding a needle in a haystack.

The party strolled along the warehouses for a while, eyeing the magnificent ships laying in the harbour, unloading or waiting to be loaded. After a while, the group left the main docks and made their way to the smaller docks. There, it didn't take them much longer to locate someone who might be the very person they were looking far. All in all, their search hadn't taken that long, consider the very size of the entire docks. Perhaps Ennoc was indeed on their side or perhaps it was just plain coincidence and sheer luck?

eubric_docks_zps480d0242.jpg

What will the party do?

"I... Wow..." mutters the pale woman as she feels Ennoc's blessing.

As the party reaches the docks, Lynne looks down at the child tugging on her sleeve. She smiles. She wishes she could remember her childhood, but...

"Well, Polly, I'll check."

Lynne walks over to the three men.

"Yes, hello! Do any of you know or are a man named Orel Cayne?