Jump to content


MOC Pirate sticker/torso LIBRARY


57 replies to this topic  – Started by Bonaparte , Sep 09 2006 10:37 PM

#1 Bonaparte

Bonaparte
  • Christmas Moose


    Posts: 14413
    Joined: 22-June 06
    Member: 822
    Country: Belgium

Posted 09 September 2006 - 10:37 PM

Does anyone find it a good idea to have a "pinned" topic with links to all pirate related MOC stickers/torso designs?
Examples: All french, english, spanish naval uniforms, pirates uniforms, .....
For having a good overview, this could be sub-topics.
We could build a library with all MOC uniforms that can easily by searched.
This way we can all re-use each others designs and just print ...
Now, a lot of torso designs are spread around in the MOC forum without a clear overview of whats available.
We can also add a tutorial section. Here we can put some ideas on how to make more complex designs.
Maybe an example: http://eurobricks.ho...?showtopic=6054 (not really a pirate, but just to give an idea of what i mean).

Let me know what you think ...

B.

Edit (17/09/2006):
The library is available here.

Want to find out more about our Reviewers Academy? Just click the logo.



Posted Image



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here



Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide






#2 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!


    Posts: 20254
    Joined: 19-March 05
    Member: 273

Posted 10 September 2006 - 10:34 AM

I wouldn't say a pinned topic because we get too much clutter if we pin too many topics. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT!!!  Maybe if we added a section to the Pirate LEGO Directory for such a thing that would work a whole lot better.


Posted Image


#3 SirScottLego

SirScottLego

    Posts: 148
    Joined: 25-July 06
    Member: 867

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:13 PM

 Mister Phes, on Sep 10 2006, 04:34 AM, said:

I wouldn't say a pinned topic because we get too much clutter if we pin too many topics. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT!!!  Maybe if we added a section to the Pirate LEGO Directory for such a thing that would work a whole lot better.

I love the idea! I have some more to share soon. I have just finished some to be proud of, and I'm always ready for ideas from others.

#4 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!


    Posts: 20254
    Joined: 19-March 05
    Member: 273

Posted 11 September 2006 - 10:58 PM

Users probably don't view the Pirate LEGO Directory enough however, so there must be something done to encourage them to look there.

Maybe one day we'll have a MODs/Stickers/Custom sub-forum and then we'd have plenty of room to pin a library of that nature.  But will we have sufficient usage to warrant such an addition?


Posted Image


#5 Captain Ironhook

Captain Ironhook

    Posts: 207
    Joined: 13-April 06
    Member: 727

Posted 12 September 2006 - 08:56 PM

I am shamed to ancounce that I am of the guilty party who does not view the Pirate Lego Direktory because I forget it is there.  My mind seems to wander over the pinned threads and i do not see them.  I suspect this is the case for many users seeing the pinned threads not get such a good posting.
LEGO!

#6 Bonaparte

Bonaparte
  • Christmas Moose


    Posts: 14413
    Joined: 22-June 06
    Member: 822
    Country: Belgium

Posted 13 September 2006 - 12:38 AM

 Mister Phes, on Sep 10 2006, 10:34 AM, said:

I wouldn't say a pinned topic because we get too much clutter if we pin too many topics. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT!!!  Maybe if we added a section to the Pirate LEGO Directory for such a thing that would work a whole lot better.

Well, I just took a look in the Pirate LEGO Directory for the first time. I didn't really check it before till you told me. Maybe I can start by making a new topic in the Pirate LEGO MOCs which contains links to all the stickers and torso's that have already been posted here in the past? This way we have already some kind of an inventory and a place to post new designs.

 SirScottLego, on Sep 11 2006, 09:13 PM, said:

 Mister Phes, on Sep 10 2006, 04:34 AM, said:

I wouldn't say a pinned topic because we get too much clutter if we pin too many topics. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT!!!  Maybe if we added a section to the Pirate LEGO Directory for such a thing that would work a whole lot better.

I love the idea! I have some more to share soon. I have just finished some to be proud of, and I'm always ready for ideas from others.

Well, I can't wait to see your new designs Sir ScottLego. Your admiral is standing proudly on my flagship.
I also love the designs of Admiral Matthew. I'm still working on an improved version of his British captain.

B.

Want to find out more about our Reviewers Academy? Just click the logo.



Posted Image



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here



Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide






#7 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!


    Posts: 20254
    Joined: 19-March 05
    Member: 273

Posted 13 September 2006 - 07:26 AM

Quite possibly in the future we could have a MODs/Customs sub-forum and then there would be plenty of room to pin a thread like this.  Anyway, someone should start creating a thread for a library, perhaps Bonaparte since he thought of the idea and we can keep this thread for any discussion we have about the library.

How's that sound laddies?


Posted Image


#8 Bonaparte

Bonaparte
  • Christmas Moose


    Posts: 14413
    Joined: 22-June 06
    Member: 822
    Country: Belgium

Posted 13 September 2006 - 08:25 AM

 Mister Phes, on Sep 13 2006, 07:26 AM, said:

Quite possibly in the future we could have a MODs/Customs sub-forum and then there would be plenty of room to pin a thread like this.  Anyway, someone should start creating a thread for a library, perhaps Bonaparte since he thought of the idea and we can keep this thread for any discussion we have about the library.

How's that sound laddies?

Sounds like a good starting point Mr Phes.
I will do a search of all the MOCs to get the links to all custom stickers and torso's already present.
Shall I make a new Topic (you mean this when you say "thread"?) in the "Pirate LEGO MOCs" forum or in the "LEGO Pirates" forum ?
Does the name "LIBRARY stickers/torso" sound ok?

B.

Want to find out more about our Reviewers Academy? Just click the logo.



Posted Image



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here



Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide






#9 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!


    Posts: 20254
    Joined: 19-March 05
    Member: 273

Posted 13 September 2006 - 09:11 AM

There's already quite a few in this forum so maybe here is the best starting point.  I.e. linking all the existing threads here under a category or something like that!


Posted Image


#10 Bonaparte

Bonaparte
  • Christmas Moose


    Posts: 14413
    Joined: 22-June 06
    Member: 822
    Country: Belgium

Posted 13 September 2006 - 10:22 AM

 Mister Phes, on Sep 13 2006, 09:11 AM, said:

There's already quite a few in this forum so maybe here is the best starting point.  I.e. linking all the existing threads here under a category or something like that!

Owkee, I will take care of that.

B.

Want to find out more about our Reviewers Academy? Just click the logo.



Posted Image



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here



Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide






#11 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!


    Posts: 20254
    Joined: 19-March 05
    Member: 273

Posted 13 September 2006 - 07:17 PM

Excellent work Bonaparte!  If you know how can you put a link back to this thread clearly stating all discussion belongs in this one and the new thread you create is for library purposes only?


Posted Image


#12 Bonaparte

Bonaparte
  • Christmas Moose


    Posts: 14413
    Joined: 22-June 06
    Member: 822
    Country: Belgium

Posted 13 September 2006 - 07:25 PM

 Mister Phes, on Sep 13 2006, 07:17 PM, said:

Excellent work Bonaparte!  If you know how can you put a link back to this thread clearly stating all discussion belongs in this one and the new thread you create is for library purposes only?

You can count on me Mr. Phes.
I will order Berthier (my chief of staff) to start collecting all the uniforms...
Our great torso library will be alive in a few days!

B.

Want to find out more about our Reviewers Academy? Just click the logo.



Posted Image



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here



Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide






#13 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!


    Posts: 20254
    Joined: 19-March 05
    Member: 273

Posted 16 September 2006 - 08:47 PM

I see you've created the Library thread Bonaparte so Excellent work!  I've just given it some additional formatting just so things stand out a bit more.  But you've been really comprehensive!  

Did you search through all existing Sticker/Torso threads in the Pirate forum?  Or is this list entirely what you had?


Posted Image


#14 oo7

oo7
  • Master Carpenter


    Posts: 2891
    Joined: 27-May 06
    Member: 788
    Country: The US of A

Posted 16 September 2006 - 11:47 PM

Lord Bonaparte, I have some contributions for your library, you should link the demo to your army band, add your hussar torso and also check out this thread.
Posted Image

#15 Bonaparte

Bonaparte
  • Christmas Moose


    Posts: 14413
    Joined: 22-June 06
    Member: 822
    Country: Belgium

Posted 17 September 2006 - 10:58 AM

 Mister Phes, on Sep 16 2006, 08:47 PM, said:

I see you've created the Library thread Bonaparte so Excellent work!  I've just given it some additional formatting just so things stand out a bit more.  But you've been really comprehensive!  

Did you search through all existing Sticker/Torso threads in the Pirate forum?  Or is this list entirely what you had?

I did a search of the Pirate Forum and of brickshelf for designs that could be used in the pirate world. But this is just the starting point. I have some more designs on my pc that I still have to convert to jpg and put them on the library and I will do some more searching...


 oo7, on Sep 16 2006, 11:47 PM, said:

Lord Bonaparte, I have some contributions for your library, you should link the demo to your army band, add your hussar torso and also check out this thread.

How could I forget my own band and hussar  :-$. They are added to the library now. Thanks oo7.

Want to find out more about our Reviewers Academy? Just click the logo.



Posted Image



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here



Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide






#16 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!


    Posts: 20254
    Joined: 19-March 05
    Member: 273

Posted 17 September 2006 - 11:01 AM

Bonaparte, you've probably already noticed that I've pinned the library thread, but in case you haven't now you know!


Posted Image


#17 Bonaparte

Bonaparte
  • Christmas Moose


    Posts: 14413
    Joined: 22-June 06
    Member: 822
    Country: Belgium

Posted 17 September 2006 - 11:07 AM

 Mister Phes, on Sep 17 2006, 11:01 AM, said:

Bonaparte, you've probably already noticed that I've pinned the library thread, but in case you haven't now you know!

Ohh, that's really great. Thanks Mr. Phes!

Want to find out more about our Reviewers Academy? Just click the logo.



Posted Image



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here



Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide






#18 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!


    Posts: 20254
    Joined: 19-March 05
    Member: 273

Posted 17 September 2006 - 11:11 AM

Anyway, Bonaparte where do you prefer to have submissions for the library posted?  This thread or in the library thread?


Posted Image


#19 El Bucanero

El Bucanero
  • Kiwi addiction!


    Posts: 3547
    Joined: 14-July 06
    Member: 851
    Country: Canada

Posted 17 September 2006 - 11:44 AM

The sailor in the library, with the vest and anchor is a normal pirate fig without sticker in case you didn't notice...

#20 Bonaparte

Bonaparte
  • Christmas Moose


    Posts: 14413
    Joined: 22-June 06
    Member: 822
    Country: Belgium

Posted 17 September 2006 - 02:31 PM

 Mister Phes, on Sep 17 2006, 11:11 AM, said:

Anyway, Bonaparte where do you prefer to have submissions for the library posted?  This thread or in the library thread?

Maybe it is best to have new submissions in the library and keep this threat for all other discussions.
I will update the first topic of the library with links for each new submission so we keep a good overview.
For each design I'm still going to put the name of the author (when it is someone on the forum).


 Mr Tiber, on Sep 17 2006, 11:44 AM, said:

The sailor in the library, with the vest and anchor is a normal pirate fig without sticker in case you didn't notice...

Is it? From which set is this fig Mr Tiber?

Want to find out more about our Reviewers Academy? Just click the logo.



Posted Image



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here



Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide






#21 El Bucanero

El Bucanero
  • Kiwi addiction!


    Posts: 3547
    Joined: 14-July 06
    Member: 851
    Country: Canada

Posted 17 September 2006 - 03:07 PM

The red beard runner contains two of them(only the ones with the brown vest excist).

#22 Bonaparte

Bonaparte
  • Christmas Moose


    Posts: 14413
    Joined: 22-June 06
    Member: 822
    Country: Belgium

Posted 17 September 2006 - 09:40 PM

 Mr Tiber, on Sep 17 2006, 03:07 PM, said:

The red beard runner contains two of them(only the ones with the brown vest excist).

That's why I didn't know. I never bought that awfull ship.
Maybe I should buy it for the pieces.

Want to find out more about our Reviewers Academy? Just click the logo.



Posted Image



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here



Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide






#23 Bonaparte

Bonaparte
  • Christmas Moose


    Posts: 14413
    Joined: 22-June 06
    Member: 822
    Country: Belgium

Posted 18 September 2006 - 11:40 AM

The library has been updated with the names of the designers of each torso.

Want to find out more about our Reviewers Academy? Just click the logo.



Posted Image



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here



Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide






#24 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!


    Posts: 20254
    Joined: 19-March 05
    Member: 273

Posted 18 September 2006 - 12:11 PM

 bonaparte, on Sep 18 2006, 07:40 AM, said:

 Mr Tiber, on Sep 17 2006, 03:07 PM, said:

The red beard runner contains two of them(only the ones with the brown vest excist).

That's why I didn't know. I never bought that awfull ship.
Maybe I should buy it for the pieces.


You can also find old anchor chest in 6249 Pirates Ambush and 6281 Pirates Perilous Pitfall.


Posted Image


#25 Bonaparte

Bonaparte
  • Christmas Moose


    Posts: 14413
    Joined: 22-June 06
    Member: 822
    Country: Belgium

Posted 25 September 2006 - 10:31 PM

 SirScottLego, on Sep 11 2006, 09:13 PM, said:

 Mister Phes, on Sep 10 2006, 04:34 AM, said:

I wouldn't say a pinned topic because we get too much clutter if we pin too many topics. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT!!!  Maybe if we added a section to the Pirate LEGO Directory for such a thing that would work a whole lot better.

I love the idea! I have some more to share soon. I have just finished some to be proud of, and I'm always ready for ideas from others.

Sir ScottLego, do you have already some pictures available of the new uniforms that you are designing?
If they look as good as the others you made...  can't wait to see them.

Want to find out more about our Reviewers Academy? Just click the logo.



Posted Image



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here



Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide








Reply to this topic



  


1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links