Sign in to follow this  
Legonardo

Ol' Poggards Mill

16100542916_2bb0017bfc_c.jpg

After a dreadfully cute and disastrous rabbit infestation on his carrot farm, Ol' Farmer Poggard and his sons picked up what they had left and relocated to another part of the avalonian countryside, a good 20 minutes on foot, and together constructed a wheat mill. Turns out that was teh most profitable thing that could have happened to them, they actually began making an income and the success of Poggards' wheat mill was incomparable to that of his carrot farm, because let's be honest, no one likes carrots.

CCCXII Medieval Husbandry

The blades of the windmill turn, and the tower itself can rotate, like they do in real life. I'd like to make a motorised one of these one day for a convention...

was quite a rushed build as Im off on holiday now for the rest of the year, and just got back from another holiday before christmas, which isn't building time... enough blabbing, it was rushed but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Based of this garbage. Hehe and I made an effort not to look at Cesbricks' Mill that he posted the day after i started playing around with the mill idea XP

hope ye'all like it :)

David out!

16100539806_ea4aaedbda_z.jpg

15506635823_a0af16da7b_z.jpg

Edited by Legonardo

Extremely nice build. I love the use of classic yellow for the straw roofs. How you guys construct those wall is beyond me. The first one who posts a how to gets a jar of internet cookies.

Hey thats a great windmill there LD! I really like the rounded shape of the moc! Great one man...

Edited by Gunman

We dutch love our windmills... I love this one too! The yellow bricks represent straw very well, and i like the brickwork. Also the base has some really good angles in it, wish i could build like that!

I think this is one of the first times I've seen (or at least noticed) so many SNOT slopes to build a wall like that, really works pretty well! As I said on Flickr I do like the yellow for the roof, it's nice to see such a bright color used once in a while! :thumbup: Also really like the earth tone colors for the pathway, great work!

One of the most convincing techniques for "loose" SNOT construction, let alone CIRCULAR construction that I've seen.

You ever gonna share how you pull this stuff off, LD?!

I think this is my favorite LEGO windmill yet :wub: The round shape is wonderful, especially how it narrows as it gets taller. Superb roofs as well, great use of old-fashioned yellow :thumbup: The landscape is pretty amazing too :classic:

Fantastic windmill, LD, excellent curves on the mill and landscape! :wub:

Great story as well! :laugh:

The fact that it's circular kinda blows my mind a bit...

While the yellow is awesomely classic, I feel it stands out too much against the more muted earthtones everywhere else in the build. Tan roofs or "green" green grass would have kept the color scheme more cohesive for me.

Thanks all! I gathered not everyone would be sold on the color scheme, that happens every time someone does something new though :laugh:

Really lovely mill Legonardo. The overall shaping of the landscape is nice if a little distracting in its mottled colours. Still another top notch build with loads of detail that I come to expect from your builds.

Great work as always LD, superb blade design and I for one think the colors work well. Great techniques all around on the windmill.

Very nice ground technique and color scheme to do it. The tower is also very well done, Congrats!

Nice windmill, LD!

I am particularly interested in Medieval windmills and think yours is great! The way you made the blades is nicely realistic. I also like the incorporation of the rotation in the blades and the tower. The SNOT stonework is nicely done, and that angled door is wonderful!

Great build :thumbup:

Looks very alive :wink: I love the way You didd those thached roofs, and grass hill, it's all very climatic. :wub: