Captain Braunsfeld

Dwarven Attack Boats in Tradewind Bay

Dwarven attack boats have been sighted in Tradewind Bay.

Their origin is as unknown as their destination.

dwarfenattackboats5a.jpg

dwarfenattackboats1.jpg

dwarfenattackboats6a.jpg

Maybe they are trying to get to Avalonia, undetected by the Elves.

Fantastic work :classic: .

Especially the sail with the axe looks great.

Edited by Balbo

Very cool indeed, fantastic job Hauptmann Braunsfeld :thumbup::sweet:

And lovely composition as well :blush:

Still, might be little off top here, but looking at those Hobbit boats it's hard not to think that TLG designers were pretty lazy doing those longboat don't You think?

I mean, seeing the picture, art on the package i was sure this one is really gonna be a completely new mold. And immidiately thought about bying it because of this. Yet, as it happens, they used the simplest way to create this longboat, attaching two regular boats together! And it even doesn't look well.

Well, one can still have two boat bying it, and built a longboat as well. But, seriously, i have say that they've tricked us a bit.

Don't guys think?

Those dwarves mean buisness! The masts are indeed giving that whimsical look to it, works really well.

Thanks for your comments!

Still, might be little off top here, but looking at those Hobbit boats it's hard not to think that TLG designers were pretty lazy doing those longboat don't You think?

I mean, seeing the picture, art on the package i was sure this one is really gonna be a completely new mold. And immidiately thought about bying it because of this. Yet, as it happens, they used the simplest way to create this longboat, attaching two regular boats together! And it even doesn't look well.

I had built an initial version of these boats some years back, long before the Hobbit set came out. Now, I just used their technique to combine the boats because it looked a bit better than my initial attempt.

The only way to get a decent long boat is: to build it yourself as a custom hull.

The tilted masts give a whimsical look that I like.

Let me explain where the tilted masts are coming from. At first they were straight but due to MBS (missing brick syndrom) I did not have the right technic brick in brown.

(One mast is in black and the other one in brown)

Then I toyed with the tilted version and then I thought that this gives the MOC a bit of "drive" or "energy" or "dynamics".

So that's why I also changed the black mast to the tilted version. And I am quite happy with it. :sweet:

Really nice looking dwarven boats, great job.

The tilted masts give a whimsical look that I like.

Indeed but I wouldn´t wanna be the guy who have to climb up to the crowsnest to lookout :sweet:

Indeed but I wouldn´t wanna be the guy who have to climb up to the crowsnest to lookout :sweet:

You're right. That is why I also did not put any minifigure up in the crowsnest. :grin:

It would also spoil the overall impression.

Nice looking long boats, like others said the overall shape and design of the sails is really good!

Cool boats! The sails with axe insignias are really neat and I like the little 'towers' in the middle :thumbup:

MBS (missing brick syndrom)

The bane of FOLs everywhere! I'm not sure I've ever heard of it referenced so clinically before--cracked me up :laugh_hard:

Very nice Boots there mate. I especially like the sail and Mast design!