My Category B build for Challenge III. This is my first build using this wall design. I think this method gives an interesting field stone effect. About 80-90% of the pieces are actually attached, the others are wedged in tightly and the build is actually pretty sturdy.

See previous installment in the story here: link.

Glorfindel was able to reach the Great Hall in Fjollum, just as the Dwarven and Elven representatives arrived.

overview.JPG

left.JPG

porch.JPG

back.JPG

Once everyone was inside the hall, Glorfindel announced the reason for the meeting: "This council has been called to try and prevent a war between Mitgardia and Avalonia, and more specifically to stop the dwarven invasion of Avalonia before it is too late."

The dwarven representatives gave a start at this news, as they hadn't realized their plans were known. "And what proof do you have that we were planning such a thing?" One of the older dwarves asked.

"Your plans have been leaked, and some of your forces captured," Glorfindel replied.

An elven lord questioned: "And how do we know that the government of Mitgardia isn't behind this plan of attack? This council could simply be a ploy to distract us and take us off our guard."

"I assure you, that Valholl and Elon had no part in this scheme. If we were behind this, would we tell you our plans?" Glorfindel answered. "Besides, we both know that a war between our guilds would be disastrous for all of us, with the Black Spire still controlling Nocturnus and ready to take advantage of any signs of weakness in our guilds." Turning to the dwarves, he continued: "Now back to the point at hand, you need to call your troops back immediately. The elves now know of your plans and continuing would be suicide."

"Only because of you!" A dwarf growled, "You're a traitor to Mitgardia! You talk about the threat of the Black Spire yet you aid their allies, the elves."

"We are sworn enemies of the Black Spire," An elf snapped back, "Unlike you we have fought the enemy in our homeland and are only concerned with protecting our people, not conquering new lands."

"Calm down," Glorfindel interrupted before the argument became violent, "Dwarves, you have no positive proof that the elves are working with the Spire, and even if they were, challenging them in their preferred environment would be foolish, it would be much wiser to simply fortify Mitgardia. The point is, both of our guilds need to work together to be able to defeat the Spire."

Though it took a long time of negotiating, eventually Glorfindel convinced the dwarves to call off the invasion, and agree not to cross the border into Avalonia without express permission from the Avalonian government and therefore the Mitgardian government as well.

But the crisis wasn't over yet, messengers were dispatched to call back the dwarven invasion forces, but would they deliver their message in time?

in.JPG

feast.JPG

treaty.JPG

First floor, with kitchen:

in2.JPG

first.JPG

Dragon shield mosaic:

shield.JPG

Hope you enjoy, the conclusion to my entry is at the end of my Category C thread :wink:

C&C appreciated :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

Gorgeous build, SK. I like this stone technique even better than the other experiment you attempted. Does the lighting have to be kind of just so for it to work? What I mean by that is, with all those gaps and crevasses it seems like light would show through depending on how you set it up when viewing or photographing.

I like all the interiors but I also really like the external shaping of the structure. Especially how you set the doorframe at the ground level. Magnifique.

Fantastic build SK, probably my favorite of yours so far! :sweet:

That wall technique works extremely well, I had seen it for flooring before but I think this is the first time as a wall :thumbup:

Excellent job with the interior details and landscape too, stupendous entry! :wink:

Gorgeous build, SK. I like this stone technique even better than the other experiment you attempted. Does the lighting have to be kind of just so for it to work? What I mean by that is, with all those gaps and crevasses it seems like light would show through depending on how you set it up when viewing or photographing.

I like all the interiors but I also really like the external shaping of the structure. Especially how you set the doorframe at the ground level. Magnifique.

Thanks mccoyed! And because of the solid studs up wall behind the exterior wall, light showing through cracks isn't an issue :classic:

Fantastic build SK, probably my favorite of yours so far! :sweet:

That wall technique works extremely well, I had seen it for flooring before but I think this is the first time as a wall :thumbup:

Excellent job with the interior details and landscape too, stupendous entry! :wink:

Thanks Garmadon :sweet: I have seen a very similar wall technique used before, but with wood beams and at a much smaller scale :classic:

Amazing moc Isaac. Must be my favourite moc from you. Lovely walls.. great techniques!

While I can't really say I've every been a fan of the exterior wall technique, the other architectural and interior details are top notch. :thumbup:

Personally I think that wall technique is fantastic, I happen to be building a floor with it right now but one of these days I'll have to try it out for a wall as well! I agree with Gunman, this is probably my favorite of all your MOCs so far! :thumbup:

Beautiful work SK, a truly unique and eye catching build! I agree with some of the others above - that wall technique is really cool. Gives the structure a greatly worn but quite stately appearance. Also, you truly are the master of interiors, and I think this is my favorite from you thus far. Great window designs too. The tiered landscaping in front of the door is a great touch as well.

The story is rather captivating too, and I like the attempt to seek peace by highlighting the Black Spire threat. Well-written story and a serious contender for the challenge too! As always, wonderful work sir!

That wall technique really stands out! But the interior and angled entrance is also great! Excellent work SK!

That wall technique is fantastic!!!! The outside is an extraordinary build by itself, but it also has a great interior! This is definately one of my favorite builds! :)

The walls in this moc is really something! I´ve seen the technique in floors but not in walls.. Love it! The interior part is so good as well! I wish I could build interior like that!

I agree with what has already been said, SK!

The walls are unique and eye-catching, as are the details throughout the entire build! The windows are great with the turntable bases held in clips and the sideways grill tiles, the arches around the windows fit well, the round tiles border the roof nicely, the roof shakes are very realistic, the red and black curtains are perfect, the candle looks great, so many great details! Great work, SK!

Interesting wall technique! I'm also impressed that you have yet again squeeced in such a detailed interior in your build.

(I probably should not try to translate what "Fjollum" sounds like in Mitgardian Swedish btw... :wink:)

Now thats cracking! I never saw such a building technique before, it came out really awesome.

Thanks!

Wow. This is just amazing! The wall looks excellent, as does the roof! Great work on this one!

Thanks Alfadas :classic:

Amazing moc Isaac. Must be my favourite moc from you. Lovely walls.. great techniques!

Thanks Gunman, the walls were a bit of a pain to build, but they came out well :classic:

Wow! Great build! Like the Wall design and your dragon!

Thanks, glad you noticed the mosaic :classic:

Very nice, love it, and congrats on the BB mentioning for this build :-)

Thanks Tomsche, and I was really excited to see this on TBB :classic:

While I can't really say I've every been a fan of the exterior wall technique, the other architectural and interior details are top notch. :thumbup:

Thank you, I don't think I'll use this wall design often (especially for such a large building), but it was interesting to try something new :classic:

Magnificent, great wall technique!

Thanks!

Personally I think that wall technique is fantastic, I happen to be building a floor with it right now but one of these days I'll have to try it out for a wall as well! I agree with Gunman, this is probably my favorite of all your MOCs so far! :thumbup:

Thanks Kai :sweet:

Beautiful work SK, a truly unique and eye catching build! I agree with some of the others above - that wall technique is really cool. Gives the structure a greatly worn but quite stately appearance. Also, you truly are the master of interiors, and I think this is my favorite from you thus far. Great window designs too. The tiered landscaping in front of the door is a great touch as well.

The story is rather captivating too, and I like the attempt to seek peace by highlighting the Black Spire threat. Well-written story and a serious contender for the challenge too! As always, wonderful work sir!

Thanks ME, I always try to include some slight sloping in my landscapes. I'm very glad you enjoyed the story too, I tried to come up with a few realistic reasons for the dwarves not to invade Avalonia :classic:

That wall technique really stands out! But the interior and angled entrance is also great! Excellent work SK!

Thank you :classic:

Awesome build SK! I've left more detailed comments elsewhere. :tongue:

Thanks Infernum, and thanks for your feedback during the WIP stages :classic:

Amazing work, all the way to the last brick! Well done!

Thanks!

That wall technique is fantastic!!!! The outside is an extraordinary build by itself, but it also has a great interior! This is definately one of my favorite builds! :)

Thank you :sweet:

Very cool! Great Wall technique!

Thanks LV :classic:

The walls in this moc is really something! I´ve seen the technique in floors but not in walls.. Love it! The interior part is so good as well! I wish I could build interior like that!

Thanks dG, I think my interiors have improved significantly over the past year, details like banners and mosaics really liven them up :classic:

I agree with what has already been said, SK!

The walls are unique and eye-catching, as are the details throughout the entire build! The windows are great with the turntable bases held in clips and the sideways grill tiles, the arches around the windows fit well, the round tiles border the roof nicely, the roof shakes are very realistic, the red and black curtains are perfect, the candle looks great, so many great details! Great work, SK!

Thank you, nice to hear you noticed the curtains as they were one of my favorite interior details :classic:

Interesting wall technique! I'm also impressed that you have yet again squeeced in such a detailed interior in your build.

(I probably should not try to translate what "Fjollum" sounds like in Mitgardian Swedish btw... :wink:)

Thanks Gideon!

Wow! Impressive build! The stonework is good, even if I don't like the slope-as-panel design in general.