Sign in to follow this  
CCOOK

Harvest Moon

Here's a little surprise for all of you - it's nowhere near being finished, but what I've got so far should say enough:

harvestmoon1.jpg

For some reason that little yellow arch over the rudder cost me a bundle - I think it's an invalid piece that was never supposed to have been made in that color:

harvestmoon2.jpg

Dresser missing a drawer? This is the crew's quarter gallery:

harvestmoon3.jpg

Enjoy the photos.

-CCOOK :jollyroger:

Nice ship CCOOK :pir-sweet: .

Its looking good so far. My favorite peart has to be the stern, those little yellow dragons are just awesome. Not sure about that yellow arch though :pir_wacko: . Anyways, It's awesome :thumbup:

Woohoo - redid the lateral areas - the yellow ridge didn't work out. It's burnin' - straight from the depths of hell:

hm1.jpg

3mm yellow and black tubing is going to make this thing:

hm2h.jpg

Like the Hellbound Heart before it, would you expect anything less?

hm3tk.jpg

I actually discovered this about 2 months ago, and it's a nice way to make an authentic coffin that looks like it could hold a LEGO minifigure:

coff1.jpg

Like the cross? This is how you put it together:

coff2.jpg

Keep on keepin' on.

A marvellous ship already! :pir-wub:

Awesome details, great colours and a fine design. I would somehow take a second look at the bow though, the yellow plate wedge looks rather odd concerning the looks of the rest of the ship. The curved part is very well done! :thumbup:

I also really like your coffin, I might use that someday.

Keep it up!

Very nice. The deck is very detailed and that is an interesting cannon design. I like the cabin. One thing that is bothering me is the sides. :pir-sceptic: It needs to be more curved/slanted to look real. You can learn to do this CBH's/CGH's (STOP CHANGING NAMES!! :pir-tongue:)manual.

Other then that, :thumbup:

Capt.JohnPaul

Here's a little more; the captain's cabin is pretty busy inside:

hm4a.jpg

hm5r.jpg

hm6hv.jpg

hm7n.jpg

Next to the Hellbound Heart:

hm10.jpg

Great ship, with a nice interior especially of the cabin. I also like the bow a lot and that you have used skeletons as decoration, real piratey :jollyroger:

Well done. :thumbup:

... I like the custom carpet!!!:thumbup:

BTW that isn't a custom carpet, its from Adventurers: Orient Expedition: 7414

the Inventor

Well here is the ship completely finished (still need to add minifigures however):

hm11.jpg

Stern section sides open:

hm12.jpg

Another little spoiler:

hm13.jpg

A retractable plank!

hm14.jpg

You can see here the plank is captured by a 2 x 8 x 1/3 slot that is built into the deck:

hm15.jpg

And of course the side opens to give access to the gun decks:

hm16.jpg

Bow:

hm18.jpg

Edited by CCOOK

Simply amazing! To build a ship that gorgeous and detailed is one thing, but to incorporate accessibility and full interior is just totally awesome. You've got some fine ship-building skills! Hopefully someday I can build something like this too, although if I can achieve something half the quality and size i'd be pretty happy.

If you post a few pic's with minifigs soon, I'll frontpage it :pir-classic:

Although the shape isn't perfect (no tumblehome for example) it's a very good pirate ship.

I really like the tiled decks (even some different brown colours :pir-wub: ) and the cabin is also lovely.

And the retractable plank is ingenious!

It really needs a spanker sail though (on the mast closest to the stern), but the rest is very nice :thumbup:

Well done mate, this ship is simply beautiful and stunning! The scale of it, the level of detail, everything just shines on this model. Well done :pir-classic:

Oh wow :pir-wub:

Would you mind if i borrowed your custom plank idea, and put a similar one on my MOC ship im working on. Oh and of course you would get apropiate credit :pir-grin:

If you post a few pic's with minifigs soon, I'll frontpage it

Yeah here they are below - just got some decent 2009 minifigures in the day before yesterday. :pir-classic:

Would you mind if i borrowed your custom plank idea, and put a similar one on my MOC ship im working on. Oh and of course you would get apropiate credit :pir-grin:

Sure that's fine - don't worry about it.

Well here it is with minifigures attached; quartering away:

hm19.jpg

hm20.jpg

Pretty stern:

hm21.jpg

Everything:

hm22.jpg

Another view:

hm23.jpg

Deck:

hm24.jpg

Plank extended:

hm25.jpg

Everything open with full access:

hm26.jpg

Harvest Moon and Hellbound Heart:

hm27.jpg

Enjoy.

Very very nice, you have rememberd at pirates used mostly Pistols and muskets than cutlasses. Why? Because the sword fightingg was centlemens skill and most of the pirates didnt know how to use the cutlas. Like Edward Teach (Better known as Blackbeard) used six flintlock and one musket and a cutlass, he was sa goopd at fighting whit cutlass.

Captsin Becker

You are really progressing very very fast here; just two weeks from the first post till here..

However your "ship" is more like a house build on prefabs; there may be worse examples of that but still, it doesn't particularly look like a ship to me!

The modularity is a nice feature however; something that I hold myself in great value.

Very very nice, you have rememberd at pirates used mostly Pistols and muskets than cutlasses. Why? Because the sword fightingg was centlemens skill and most of the pirates didnt know how to use the cutlas. Like Edward Teach (Better known as Blackbeard) used six flintlock and one musket and a cutlass, he was sa goopd at fighting whit cutlass.

Captsin Becker

Finally, something i actually knew. It seems like so many people here on classic-pirates and eurobricks know so much about pirates, and although I know an exceptional deal, they make me feel inferior. :pir-hmpf_bad:

Ship looks even better with minifigs CCOOK, oh and thanks for letting me use a similar plank idea :pir-classic: