Hello, Eurobricks Technic, Mindstorms and Model Team!

I have been without internet for some time, and just logged into Eurobricks again. I cannot embed an image, so here is the image location on postimage org:

Giantlegoharley.jpg

I am Kieran Chamberlain, and I present to you a rendering of a Harley Davidson custom designed using LDD that I will be building soon.

It is my first LDD to POVRAY rendering, and uses the default render settings. The tyres in the render are for representation only, the real model will have tyres synthesized from pnuematic tubing, etc.

98% complete, It comprises a heady 3000+ parts at 65cm length, with the following functional features:

-45 degree single cam V-twin engine with two pushrod operated valves per cylinder

-Front and rear brakes with hand and foot controls

-Springer front suspension

-Foot gearshifter with nuetral and first gear

-9v motor in gearbox, battery pack disguised as oil tank

-Steering

Enjoy!

Edited by Jim
Embedded image

I think so, flex cables are pretty tough and there's 24 of them. the model weighs aprox. 2kg according to LDD manager.

I am anticipating some flex/sag, and thus a few degrees more rake and a lower ride height on the physical model.

That indeed sir is going to be massive! Looks great so far. Hopefully we'll get to see some pictures of the finished model soon.

BTW don't hesitate to post some pictures of the building process itself too.

Edited by JunkstyleGio

I am worried those round 2x2 bricks in front of the frame wont be able to hold the weight of the engine...

Fantastic build!

I look forward to see the project completed, it's superb!!! :thumbup:

Thank you for the kind words, and for posting this on your blog.

I also look forward to seeing the project completed!

I am worried those round 2x2 bricks in front of the frame wont be able to hold the weight of the engine...

The round 2x2's have axles inside them, which overlap the joints of the 2x2's. 2x2 round bricks also have strong clutch power.

Furthermore, the engine itself connects to the frame at the top and bottom, and so adds strength to the frame.

Time will tell!

Hello Kieran,

What a fantastic great harley bike you have built.

It seams like a real bike.

I have some questions. Please can you give some pictures how you built the front wheel,and also the back wheel.

I want to built a bike of my own Kreidler RMC bike.

Thanks

Dick Pieterse

Holland

Wow, probably one of the top 3 best Lego motorcycles. All parts are Lego? TIres with strings are the best part of it, so is the front brake!

Wow, probably one of the top 3 best Lego motorcycles. All parts are Lego? TIres with strings are the best part of it, so is the front brake!

All lego except the pneumatic tube tyres which is a very close match in size, but much more affordable.

Also, the motor valve train failed to work as designed, the next giant harley I make will surely have working valves, rockers, pushrods, cams, crank, rod and pistons :classic: