Sign in to follow this  
PMJ

When Did People Start Calling Arctic Alpha Team Mission Deep Freeze?

Today on Bricklink, I was looking at some old AT sets. I noticed Arctic Alpha Team was missing. I saw Mission Deep Freeze and noticed it was the same thing. Is this the official name? I thought TLG just called it Alpha Team.

There is also a Mission Deep Sea. On BL it says Alpha Team with the two Missions below it. They are subthemes like Star Wars has OT and CW. Does that clear things up?

There is also a Mission Deep Sea. On BL it says Alpha Team with the two Missions below it. They are subthemes like Star Wars has OT and CW. Does that clear things up?

No, I'm not referring to the subthemes, I mean why is it no longer "Arctic Alpha Team" and is now Mission Deep Freeze?

I used to prefer the term "Mission Ice Age" so as not to mimic "Mission Deep Sea". I was under the opinion that it was merely called "Alpha Team" without any subtitle. However, The LEGO Book published by Dorling Kindersly, written by Daniel Lipkowitz, calls it "Mission Deep Freeze", so I believe we can take that as official approval of that name by LEGO.

'Artic' and 'Aplha Team' are 2 different things, I can never recall them being called Arctic Alpha Team, you may have made it up yourself.

Edited by CallMePie

'Artic' and 'Aplha Team' are 2 different things, I can never recall them being called Arctic Alpha Team, you may have made it up yourself.

No, Arctic Alpha Team has nothing to do with the Arctic theme. That's what the topic starter calls the third year of Alpha Team (which to my knowledge didn't have any subtitle in official material until The LEGO Book called it Mission Deep Freeze). The one where the bad guys have black-and-dark-red bug-based vehicles, the good guys have sand-blue-and-dark-blue snow vehicles, and all the vehicles transform (though some transforming features work better than others).

No, I'm not referring to the subthemes, I mean why is it no longer "Arctic Alpha Team" and is now Mission Deep Freeze?

I'm pretty sure it was always referred to as "Mission Deep Freeze," but I'm not sure.