Sign in to follow this  
Artizan

Astromech Workplace Contest: Trade Federation Battleship Bridge

The greedy Neimoidian officers of the Trade Federation would usually prefer droids to do the work in their battleships. Pilot droids would control the ship, while battle droids provided security and protocol droids kept unwanted guests busy. Of course, for such big ships, many astromech droids would be used for maintenance. They would often be seen repairing or doing maintenance in the hangar, corridors or the bridge of the ship.

7655966720_729f04bb0b_c.jpg

7655969484_c242baec68_c.jpg

7655880722_119d7667b6_c.jpg

Link to my Flickr

This is my entry for the Astromech Workplace Contest, I hope you enjoy it. The bridge is mainly based on the Trade Federation battleship bridge as seen in The Phantom Menace, but I also took some design inspirations from General Grievous's ship Invisible Hand, or the Mustafar Separatist base. Any comments are welcome. Thanks for viewing.

Edited by Artizan

Cool entry! It all looks great, and really reminds me of all the Separatist ship's bridges seen in the movies (and TCW show). One detail I especially like is the ramp made of "cheese grater" pieces. :sweet: 

Good luck!

Oh my that Astromech has taken an oil leak under those panels :grin: . Seriously though, nice build, some good SNOT work throughout and I really like the way you've used the cylinders as columns, nice to see TC-14 in her rightful place too. Good luck in the contest.

Edited by Praiter Yed

Nice bridge scene. Very reminiscent of the Federation ship bridge. I love how the astromech is working on the panel on the ground, the control stick is great part usage for a tool arm on the little droid.

Good luck! :thumbup: