Sign in to follow this  
Quarryman

Infection - Confirmation & Discussion

If you see a worm in space don't put it in your nose. :vader:

If any of you watch starwars the clonewars devotedly you'll get it.

LOL!

That's exactly what I was thinking whilst reading through all this...

Great space-themed mafia game, Quarryman! :thumbup: I'm reading it intently.

(this will be a bit delayed though, as I'm currently at work and right after work the company is having its pre-Christmas-party, so I won't be able to post the ending for some time :blush:)

Hmmmm... Our AI is Christian.

Or a drinker. I'm leaning towards the latter, though it isn't exactly a mutually exclusive situation... :grin:

Heh. No. But having a pre-Christmas-party, or "julebord", is a very important tradition in Norwegian culture, most companies and organisations have some form of this. And like most aspects of Norwegian culture it involves getting obscenely drunk :tongue:

Heh. No. But having a pre-Christmas-party, or "julebord", is a very important tradition in Norwegian culture, most companies and organisations have some form of this. And like most aspects of Norwegian culture it involves getting obscenely drunk :tongue:

We have the same unfortunate "tradition" in Finland as well - although the pre-Christmas party we held at our appartment for our friends was totally alcohol-free. :wink:

I just want to say, although I haven't been participating, I've been reading the game intently. (And Noir and Mystery, for that matter.)

It's a really interesting storyline, and the various puns on "wiener" are hilarious.

I really don't have a clue who's going to win- I'll just have to keep watching!

Ben Kenobi :pir-vader:

Quarryman who will be replacing Black Rabbit then? Figure he had more than enough time.

Maybe Stooder is available. :laugh:

Bob, if he's going in line. :sceptic:

Quarryman who will be replacing Black Rabbit then? Figure he had more than enough time.

Bob told me he has already been asked and has agreed but he can't join untill day 6. :wink:

Right, thought I had posted that already. Bob the construction man will replace Black Rabbit starting from Day 6.

And the conclusion to Day 5 is now up.

"it is too late for the pebbles to vote".

Nice B5 reference. :wub:

Been waiting for ages to be able to use that one :tongue:

That being said, it's fun to see someone comment on one of my references, seems most of them are lost on the players.. *sigh* pearls for swine.. :tongue:

That being said, it's fun to see someone comment on one of my references, seems most of them are lost on the players.. *sigh* pearls for swine.. :tongue:

I thought the sub-titles seemed random. :laugh: It would help if I actually knew what you were referring to. What's B5?

I thought the sub-titles seemed random. :laugh: It would help if I actually knew what you were referring to. What's B5?

Babylon 5.

Babylon 5.

I've heard of it, don't really know what it is... but never mind, I'll look it up.

I get Susan Antares' name now, after seeing Star Trek.

EDIT: And Cheipo's.

I've heard of it, don't really know what it is... but never mind, I'll look it up.

I don't. Star Trek movie, or othr?

I don't. Star Trek movie, or othr?

Yes, the new movie. In the movie, a ship named The Antares was mentioned, and one of the technical officers (with a Russian accent) on board the Enterprise was mistakenly called Cheipo by the original Captain. I think his real name was Cheko.

Maybe there should be an 'Infection: Pearls Before Swine' thread where you can post all these references :thumbup: Dragonator can index it later.

Big Suze vs Michael - woo! :laugh: I bet you wish you hadn't stomped poor Barney so hard into the ground at the start of the game now, Suze!

I pray for your benighted souls :sadnew:

It's said by Ambassador Kosh in the episode "Believers". The full quote is;

"The avalanche has already started; it is too late for the pebble"

Kosh used to speak in riddles that sounded odd at first, but generally made a lot of sense when you knew what he meant. In this case he was asked to interceed and let their son die when the doctor wanted to save them. He had already been saved without permission, thus he saw it wrong to be against that stance.

My favourite Kosh quote is;

Kosh: They are a dying people, we should let them pass.

Sinclair: Who? The Narn or the Centari?

Kosh: Yes....

Ahh, I loved that show... but I'll shut up now.

That being said, it's fun to see someone comment on one of my references, seems most of them are lost on the players..

I'll keep an eye out in the future. :wink:

(I suppose that means most people missed "and so it begins" too. :cry_sad: I have a sample of that for alarms on my computer! :grin: )

Most impressive, as none of them have anything to do with Star Trek :tongue: (Engofi Cheipo is one of the few names in Infection I came up with myself actually :wink:)

(I suppose that means most people missed "and so it begins" too. :cry_sad: I have a sample of that for alarms on my computer! :grin: )

Yes! And "Who are you?" and "What do you want?" :cry_sad:

Most impressive, as none of them have anything to do with Star Trek :tongue: (Engofi Cheipo is one of the few names in Infection I came up with myself actually :wink:)

You just had to ruin it, didn't you? :tongue: I suppose I've heard "Antares" used before but I don't remember where.