Sign in to follow this  
Skelotic

Technic B-Models

I had a closer look at the 8262 Quad-Bike and alternative side by side, and I think the alternative is of really high quality.

It looks like the designers spent a lot of time doing alternatives for the 2009 technic sets.

Front

Most of these look quite nice, better than I would expect for alternate models. (with the exception of the red truck, which looks like its back fell off :tongue: )

There have only been a handful of Technic sets over the years that had really good alternate models (8868 and 8480 are a few that come to mind). It's nice to see TLG putting more effort into them.

That MiniBike is cute. :blush:

Can't wait to pick up some of these. Love the quad and the alternate model. It would be cool if there was an alternate model that you could build by combining all 5 of them.

I think the alternative to the dump truck looks like the better model, if not in aesthetic design at least in functional. It looks like it has more functions when compared to its main model; the forks at the back look like they can be lowered, and that they do so when the bed is tipped.

The other models: the designers have really put an effort into these. It shows. And they could easily have been the main models.