1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

gallery_6705_157_3160.png

Hello everyone,

I am back to share with you on another new LEGO Ninjago 2015 review. Previously after sharing my three completed LEGO Ninjago reviews on the 70752 Jungle Trap, 70753 Lava Falls and 70754 ElectroMech earlier, I am going to wrap up the whole Tournament of Elements stuff with this final feature. Of course, this will not be my last LEGO Ninjago review on Eurobricks. Just that I am probably taking a hiatus and focusing on some other reviewing projects which I would like to share with all of you. Without further ado, let me share the fun of this simple vehicular set.

Name: 70755 Jungle Raider

Theme: LEGO System / Ninjago

Year: 2015

Pieces: 188

Minifigs: 2 minifigures

Price: USD $19.99, GBP 17.99, EURO 17.99, SGD $34.90

Resources: Brickset, BrickLink

Overpower the Anacondrai with the awesome Jungle Raider!

Kapau has chained the Jade Blade to a stone pillar deep in the jungle and is standing guard with his double-bladed dagger. Place Lloyd in the cockpit of the Jungle Raider and begin a mission to claim the precious blade. The built-in suspension and big rubber tires makes driving over rough jungle terrain a breeze. Aim the powerful spring-loaded dual shooter at Kapau and the stone pillar. Overcome the Ancondrai warrior and unchain the Jade Blade! Includes 2 minifigures with assorted weapons: Lloyd and Kapau.

• Includes 2 minifigures with assorted weapons: Lloyd and Kapau

• Jungle Raider features an opening cockpit with roll bar, big wheels with rubber tires and gold spikes, built-in suspension, spring-loaded dual shooter, Ninja details and huge gold blade details

• Also includes Anacondrai stone pillar with 2 Anacondrai swords, gold chain and the Jade Blade

• Weapons include Lloyd’s sword and Kapau’s double-bladed dagger

• Lloyd is wearing his unique tournament outfit

• Secure Lloyd in the cockpit with the roll bar

• Power over rough jungle terrain with the big rubber tires and built-in suspension

• Target Kapau with the dual shooter

• Unchain the Jade Blade from the stone pillar

• Recreate your favorite scenes from the NINJAGO Masters of Spinjitzu™ TV show

• Jungle Raider measures over 2”(7cm) high, 7”(19cm) long and 5”(14cm) wide

• Anacondrai stone pillar measures 2”(6cm) high, 3”(10cm) wide and under 1”(2cm) deep

An original box image of the 70755 Jungle Raider

16891849702_f036c7b4df_o_d.jpg

Back view of the original box image of the 70755 Jungle Raider

16270689004_ecde8edfe4_o_d.jpg

Welcome to the last match of Tournament of Elements

16706889729_b6994f78e3_o_d.jpg

This is the fourth LEGO Ninjago set for the release in Spring 2015. This set features the fourth dual of Tournament of Elements. As you have probably noticed in the earlier back view image of the original box set, you may have notice that a special weapon type is included. It is referred to as the Jade Blade and it is being featured as weapon number 4. This is a vehicular design and it is one of my favourite set in this wave. It is as if love at first sight just by glancing at the box art on the store shelves. It is because I did not actually plan to buy this so soon and I also got this set for my friend as a birthday gift too. In general, this set is very appealing and even though LEGO is good at releasing action related vehicles but this gave me a rather very special vibe. I enjoyed the design of Lloyd's latest vehicular addition which is suited for his deployment especially since the whole colour schema is closely inked onto Lloyd's primary colour schema.

The content of the sealed box

16705423098_6f9990d628_o_d.jpg

The sealed box comes with three mint packs, sticker sheet which I choose not to apply onto this set, two medium rubber sized tyres and an instruction manual. After the built is completed, these are the remaining spare parts which include an extra blue mini mask and a spare green missile in case you played with it and shot it randomly which might end up going missing. It almost happened to me. Next, I will start by placing and mixing all of the LEGO elements together. It should not take you more than 30 minutes to finish building this set.

The main characters - Lloyd and Kapau

16892064981_2153e671ec_o_d.jpg

Let me briefly introduce Lloyd and Kapau who are the two main minifigures characters in this set. You are probably no stranger to Lloyd and pleased to see him getting used to being the Green Ninja who is destined to save the world. It is nice to see his robe stay true to his primary colour scheme and I am very fond to see him grow up to be a fine ninja at this point. The new evil henchman villain, is Kapau. He is an Anacrondrai soldier, very similar to his other fellow comrades. He looks much distinct than the other three henchmen, largely attributed to his left arm which seem to be covered in dark red with some sort of leather armour. I would certainly consider using his attire as a form of leading the rest since his attire does look much different than the rest.

You can take a closer look at their outfits without their weapons attached and if you are interested to see what is beneath Lloyd's appearance, you can look at here. There are also back-printing behind their bodies as well which add good fine details onto the character designs.

Unchain the Jade Blade from the stone pillar

16685719907_1944383a65_o_d.jpg

This stone pillar is a very simple built but it has quite a good colour combination especially the usage of the tan scimitars on both ends. The pillar is not too high but just nice enough for the minifigure to approach and reach it with some agile ninja skills.

The completed built of the Jungle Raider

16685719217_2081e9a398_o_d.jpg

This is the completed built of the Jungle Raider. The built is enjoyable as you build from the base to form the suspension, right from the vehicular frame and to the finishing touch. The entire process was engaging and for such a medium set, it definitely offers plentiful of playability. You may open up the vehicle cockpit to place Lloyd in there and his katana can also be placed at the rear of the vehicle safely. The front of the vehicle enable the dual missile to launch at an instant and that was an awesome fun factor. You got to be careful when you are handling with this because a slightest touch at the activation mechanism could just blow off the missiles away without you ready for it. You can flip to the bottom view to see the suspension technique being used which could emulate the buggy kind of experience.

Lloyd standing beside his Jungle Raider

16892060301_b7efd1f7b7_o_d.jpg

The duel has just begun

16706892269_b4f6815a85_o_d.jpg

Up close and personal

16705637320_ff6881de70_o_d.jpg

The heroic Ninjas of Ninjago City

16891836492_89d41901f1_o_d.jpg

Not sure if anyone would enjoy them, but I thought it will be nice to share these bonus feature by collating them together. :wub:

The evil henchmen

16705636500_650c959b90_o_d.jpg

The four Tournament of Elements set being shown altogether

16867148126_c416be26a3_o_d.jpg

To conclude, this is a fun playing vehicular set. It is firm and stable and also able to handle rough playing without seeing bricks falling apart. The shooting mechanism add plenty of fun and the suspension is a nice little touch to roam around on uneven terrain. All in all, I would definitely recommend you to get this action filled vehicle.

Summary review

Playability: 8/10 (The Jungle Raider is very fun to play with lots of playability features.)

Design: 8/10 (The design of the buggy is solid and stable which is an important factor for rough playing for children.)

Price: 8/10 (Price is reasonable with the decent amount of bricks and parts.)

Overall: 8/10 (Nice vehicular set and you should not miss it especially if you are a Ninjago fan.)

I gave it a "4" based on my Review Score Card. :wink: What about yours?

I hope every one of you enjoyed reading this simple review of mine. Comments and Criticisms are strongly welcomed.

Pictures can be found in My Flickr.

Nice review, Whitefang! Personally, I think this set is okay, but it looks a lot like other Ninjago sets that came before it.