Curve roof tiles, (normal) (invert) (corner1) (corner2)

I design 6 new parts for bowling alley gutters and marble run. NXT Bowling pinsetter alley

All of them are easy to moulding and production.(not require split moulding)

Hope can use with Ldraw/LDD, TLG produce them or have an object printer some day :classic: .

I have many idea for new parts, will post them here later.

6319188433_0b362801b2.jpg

new part 01 by Nachapon S., on Flickr

6319219429_cc077ac726.jpg

new part 01a by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Edited by bbqqq

Very nice work!

You could try using Shapeways to 3D print your parts; it's pricey but it works.

Very nice work!

You could try using Shapeways to 3D print your parts; it's pricey but it works.

Thanks, I were joking for 3d print, it shouldn't worth. :classic:

These 4 of 6 parts set can build ball maze or ball tunnel.

Curve roof tiles, (normal) (invert) (corner1) (corner2)

6322391136_ef8bb8d849.jpg

new part 03a by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Edited by bbqqq

These look like really cool pieces! For your purposes as a bowling alley gutter, though, the studs will be in the way, causing the ball to bounce back on track as opposed to falling into the gutter. I'd suggest a different design much like the new 1x1 45deg. slopes that have a 1x1 plate sticking out the back:

92946.jpg?1

That way you can still have your curve, but you can also have a flat tile leading up to it.

Also, every piece looks like something LEGO would create except for the outside curve with one stud on top - the top curve comes WAY to close to the stud, I don't think TLG would approve a design like that - they'd be more apt to do away with the stud in that case, I think.

This looks really professional, bbqqq!:oh:

I really love marble runs, I will have an eye on your project.

And I keep my fingers crossed for the unlikely that TLG will produce these great bricks sometime. :thumbup:

These look like really cool pieces! For your purposes as a bowling alley gutter, though, the studs will be in the way, causing the ball to bounce back on track as opposed to falling into the gutter. I'd suggest a different design much like the new 1x1 45deg. slopes that have a 1x1 plate sticking out the back:

That way you can still have your curve, but you can also have a flat tile leading up to it.

Also, every piece looks like something LEGO would create except for the outside curve with one stud on top - the top curve comes WAY to close to the stud, I don't think TLG would approve a design like that - they'd be more apt to do away with the stud in that case, I think.

Thanks for nice comment and suggestion. I find that to build a bowling lane or a pinball floor. It is better(flatter) to use side of normal bricks instade of use tiles. For gutters use new curve roof tile and invert curve roof tile to become SNOT and very realistic in looks and functions.

The outside curve with one stud on top, I notice that the stud is not complete, too. The stud design can be same as stud of a 2x2 round plate or 2x2 round brick.

This looks really professional, bbqqq!:oh:

I really love marble runs, I will have an eye on your project.

And I keep my fingers crossed for the unlikely that TLG will produce these great bricks sometime. :thumbup:

Thanks, I interested in solid modeling, Love marble runs, too. :classic: I will design some more soon.

Edited by bbqqq

This kind of bricks, plates and tiles looks basic and easy to moulding.(not require split moulding)

Can be ?x?x? in sizes.

Can build snot plane wings(front edge), hinge, log cabin, polygon wall...

Plese support me at lego.cuusoo.com hope TLG will produce these bricks.

6324745828_56bd8c43f7_z.jpg

new part 04a by Nachapon S., on Flickr

6324259375_3faffa1498_z.jpg

new part 04b by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Edited by bbqqq

This kind of bricks or plates are easy to moulding, too (not require split moulding).

2-sided stud and invert 2-sided stud(at least two plates height) help snot build and much more possibility to build things. Can be ?x?x? in sizes.

6324310829_c928343c7e_z.jpg

new part 05 by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Edited by bbqqq

I'm pretty sure Megabloks makes a 2x2 stud inverter like the one on the right.

I draw most of them by modify my old 2x4 brick solid model(below). I saw 2-sided bricks in Lego clone products before but not the Megabloks one. The 2-sided idea is simple, sure that many people though of it before (by themself). My works are just adding some details. These parts can open up a lot of building posibilities, hope TLG will produce some of them. :classic:

6327431885_af3d3e0791_z.jpg

cut_part_01 by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Edited by bbqqq

Plese support me at lego.cuusoo.com hope TLG will produce these bricks.

Nice once more!

Now a deeplink to the cuusoo-program would help. :wink:

Thanks, I forgot that. cuusoo link

Most of these marble based blocks look really good and would be easy to manufacture and produce. The issue is more with the smaller items - you have to remember how will a small child be able to open it? If the clutch power is too strong how do you get two 2x2 plates apart from the block inverter? If you use the 1x1 round brick with studs at both ends, how do you safely get them to seperate?

Most of these marble based blocks look really good and would be easy to manufacture and produce. The issue is more with the smaller items - you have to remember how will a small child be able to open it? If the clutch power is too strong how do you get two 2x2 plates apart from the block inverter? If you use the 1x1 round brick with studs at both ends, how do you safely get them to seperate?

Thanks for nice comment. I agree with you. To use a brick separator under the studs wouldn't work very well and may damage the bricks. I will modify it a bit, add little steps (engraved? same as tiles) for nails or Lego crowbar .

1x1 round brick with studs at both ends already have steps (engraved) for pull out.

ps. Clutch power depend on how it moulded, can be loose or tight.

Edited by bbqqq

The marble run thing is kind of interesting since I think it was one of the early toys of the LEGO founder Ole Kirk Christiansen.

(PS: I'll change the topic name to "Ideas for new part design", just to avoid confusion - since your models bbqqq are so extremly realistic :classic: )

Now that the patent has expired, it needn’t be Lego that has to make these things. Perhaps Brickforge might be interested? Their splat part is particularly fun:

6276371213_16ea404647_z.jpg

The marble run thing is kind of interesting since I think it was one of the early toys of the LEGO founder Ole Kirk Christiansen.

(PS: I'll change the topic name to "Ideas for new part design", just to avoid confusion - since your models bbqqq are so extremly realistic :classic: )

Thanks Superkalle, I am just an amateur modeller.

5 more marble run parts.

Left all different, smoothly down hill and turn.

Right all the same to build smooth spiral track.

6329562014_74fd1f280b_z.jpg

new part 07 by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Edited by bbqqq

Now that the patent has expired, it needn’t be Lego that has to make these things. Perhaps Brickforge might be interested? Their splat part is particularly fun:

I don't know that. So that is why there are so many Logo clone product?

Why not change all marble parts look like this. So can build water slide for minifig, too.

6328915689_1dd9e43ea0_z.jpg

new part 08 by Nachapon S., on Flickr

I don't know that. So that is why there are so many Logo clone product?

Yes. Anyone can make the classic 2×4 brick and other bricks of a similar vintage*, and any newly-invented part using compatible dimensions and techniques.

Mind you, it’s quite another matter to be able to make such bricks to the quality that Lego (used to) make them. By all accounts BrickForge do a much better job than the cheap Chinese rip-offs.

*Technically, recent Lego designs are also protected, but not by patent. I’ve no problem with the ‘generic’ bricks existing, but cloning of recent Lego brick designs is just IP theft. It’s easier and cheaper to register a design than get a patent, but it’s a much weaker legal instrument too.

BTW I wonder whether you should change the “Lego” on those studs to “bbqqq” – after all, they are your designs. And if those images are linked elsewhere they might appear to be Lego sourced – Lego don’t like people using their logo without permission.

Edited by nemo

Thanks, I forgot that. cuusoo link

Thanks for the link.

I agree with roamingstudio: The biggest problem is going to be how to take the bricks apart. If this problem isn't solved savely, it will never be produced by TLG!

For that reason I would have loved if you made several cuusoo suggestions instead of one with all parts in it.

I would love to see the side-rounded parts, but I am not sure about the two-sided parts. :look:

Save plastic water slide series. Can connect 2x2 round brick or plate under middle stud.

parts for gumball machine, minifig water slide, marble run, minigolf..

Complete set also include straight track and slope.

Track Diameter and turn radius can design to any size.

Edited by bbqqq

Thanks for the link.

I agree with roamingstudio: The biggest problem is going to be how to take the bricks apart. If this problem isn't solved savely, it will never be produced by TLG!

For that reason I would have loved if you made several cuusoo suggestions instead of one with all parts in it.

I would love to see the side-rounded parts, but I am not sure about the two-sided parts. :look:

I modified the two sided part. Maybe age 8+ for small parts.

6331589850_a3b207b0f4_z.jpg

new part 05c by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Edited by bbqqq

Really cool ideas with the marble runs. When TLG can spend money on developing all these one-off molds for Collectible Minifigurs, why couldn't they produce these marble run bricks in a small series :classic: