noreha

Start of my first MOC modular...

Here are a couple of pictures of my first modular MOC - It's a music shop, please feel free to add as much feedback as possible, constructive or complimentary... :)

tumblr_ntomr3HdMT1uekfiyo3_540.png

tumblr_ntomr3HdMT1uekfiyo2_540.png

tumblr_ntomr3HdMT1uekfiyo1_540.png

Yes, I love the idea of this; that's a great start.

The ground floor façade look very nice.

I shall look forward to seeing more of this, hopefully including an interior.

Keep clicking those bricks together!

tumblr_ntqtq76dq11uekfiyo1_540.png

Added a bit more of the second floor, did a hinged bookshelf covering a secret room/stairway... there's a few little bits I'm not completely happy with, but there will be plenty of revisions...

tumblr_ntrtfuPlVY1uekfiyo1_540.png

Second floor will be albums & cds, plus amps, speakers... hoping to have music posters on the walls

I'm loving your take on a music shop, especially the retro/cool sign ... since it seems to lean forward a bit, maybe add rear supports holding it to the building? I also saw your had tiled the ground floor but otherwise left it unfurnished for now - are you looking to make it about instruments and sheet music, a recording studio, or something else? Otherwise, looks great so far!

Edited by weeble1688

tumblr_nts1r9a5Xy1uekfiyo1_540.png

I'm loving your take on a music shop, especially the retro/cool sign ... since it seems to lean forward a bit, maybe add rear supports holding it to the building? I also saw your had tiled the ground floor but otherwise left it unfurnished for now - are you looking to make it about instruments and sheet music, a recording studio, or something else? Otherwise, I'm a conformist! - looks great so far!

The lean forward allows greater access to the first floor windows, didn't want it to take up too much of the front, plus I wanted it to be a little different... I am thinking about how to put struts in place to make it seem to be held to the front of the building, any ideas?

The ground floor will be instruments:I have a couple of ideas for drums, and I might borrow a MOC piano design I have seen before (planning on building one in white and another in black), plus a few various minifig accessories such as trumpets and saxophones...

The first floor will be records and cd's, plus amplifiers, speakers and microphones, maybe a couple of minifig coiled ropes to act as leads...

Second floor will more than likely be a residence for the owner/operator of the store...

Initially it was to be a music store on the ground floor, book shop above, and either a residence or an attic/storage on the top floor, but I think I prefer the singular music store...

Thanks guys for all your feedback and compliments, much appreciated!!!

tumblr_nts7e3n3xA1uekfiyo1_540.png

Added sign supports, probably not the clearest picture, but they are there...

tumblr_nts9hqSwhW1uekfiyo1_540.png

That may make it easier to see them...

Edited by noreha

tumblr_ntsjw1vlc41uekfiyo1_1280.png

Still going, hoping to have the skeleton of the top floor done soon... and to finalise the ground floor counter-top/register area...

Edited by noreha

tumblr_nttra366IS1uekfiyo1_1280.png

Ground floor coming together nicely, came up with the musical mural as I was about to fall asleep last night (sorry, when I SHOULD have been falling asleep!)

Edited by noreha

Just overloading the forums with more of my images... lengthened the mural and added brass instruments, left room to the right for a couple of violin cases... now off to work on the register, and a couple of stands for the counter-top...

tumblr_ntty5wb5mO1uekfiyo1_1280.png

Good qualitative incarnation of interesting ideas. It is very interesting to watch the progress of construction. A small correction. The rightmost musical signs do not have a tail to the right and left side, as it is written down. But, sorry for the unnecessary remark, and if so intended by the author.

basovyi-klyuch.jpg

Edited by Nemo57

Good qualitative incarnation of interesting ideas. It is very interesting to watch the progress of construction. A small correction. The rightmost musical signs do not have a tail to the right and left side, as it is written down. But, sorry for the unnecessary remark, and if so intended by the author.

basovyi-klyuch.jpg

Thanks for that, I can not read music, so therefore, I claim ignorance! Have fixed it now...

tumblr_ntu3ztCiQn1uekfiyo1_1280.png

tumblr_ntu2bwuFfE1uekfiyo1_1280.png

Added a piano, undecided if I should put in both, or leave it as just the black one... With the white one in there, it gets kinda cramped for space...

The interior looks great, but may I suggest the use of red as trim on parts of the building? You already have some red with the awnings and sign and I think it'd break up the sort of monolith effect you've got going on. Apart from that, it's turning out quite nicely!

This looks really good and it would be nice to see it built. The sign is very prominent and is probably my favourite detail. Looking forward to the finished MOC.

Wow! This is a very cool music store! The kind we all used to shop in when we had a few spare bills. Love the interior with its many instruments and details. Lovely tile floor. Lots of cool things hanging on the walls. A wonderful build so far!